Moose Jaw Warriors

letterform

The Warriors probably have the the most amateur logo in the CHL.435.gif

thought I'd take a quick stab at a logo. It's inspired by a minor league 50's crest. I stole the basic outline of the feathers to save time. I haven't worked it out to my satisfaction yet so here's the proto jerseys to start:

home

mjhome.png

road

mjroad.png

DEATH TO REEBOK

I really like the logo, though I'd rather see black shadows on the face as opposed the dark tan you have here. And the 'Warriors' on the headdress needs to go.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

If memory serves me right, The overal shape of the head and headdress is actually from a logo that RedEye did for the Ogallala (sp?) Indians. If so, please give the sources next time.

The one thing about the existing logo I like is the use of the "Warriors" wordmark that looks very close to the wordmark used for the movie of the same name. If they could somehow keep the wordmark and get a more updated logo I'd be happy.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

If memory serves me right, The overal shape of the head and headdress is actually from a logo that RedEye did for the Ogallala (sp?) Indians. If so, please give the sources next time.

No it's not so. I'm not familiar with Red Eye or his Indians logo.

The overall shape of mine is based on an obscure minor league team from the 50's and I freely admit (again) that I stole the basic shape. If I were to submit this to the warriors, obviously I'd work on it more and change the headdress. This is just a preliminary design though. I have a couple of ideas and major changes envisioned for it.

I'm at work right now. I'll upload a picture of the 50's crest when I get home. I'd also love to see Red Eye's logo.

DEATH TO REEBOK

Whether you created the loog or not, it is a big improvement over their current logo. In fact, IMO, the best parts of the Warrior's current logo are the parts that aren't there. IE: The stick and puck on the headdress. Overall, great concept.

Here is the logo Joshua was referring to....

Of sourse they never have found it in their budget to go much further with it... such is life of a high school AD.

Ogallalafinal.jpg

mjhome.png

Other than they are both Indian Chiefs they are not that much alike. I mean how many ways can a profile be done?

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I think you owe the dude an apology

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

I think you owe the dude an apology

No I don't, because if you look at the first part (If memory seves me right), I did not accuse him of anything. I just suggested that if he takes something, to give a source. And he did take something, as he admitted it in his first post. he just didn't say the source.

Well, I don't wanna argue, but I did give a source - albeit obscure- and It did sound a little accusitory.

As for the logo, it's at least partly mine. I did draw it after all, but I stole a lot from an old crest. JFTR, I don't feel guilty about borrowing. This is a hobby. I'm certainly not a professional graphic designer and nor do I have professional skills. I'm not trying to make money with this and haven't misrepresented my work either for that matter.

I expect to do it better however. The logo is a work in progress. The final version should be more homage and less rip-off. Hopefully I will have learned a little more about design as well.

here is the original crest

crest.pngmjtemplogo.png

the original was oviously not drawn by a graphic artist. It was probably copied from a picture of a real chief. Irony I say......

DEATH TO REEBOK

Normally I don't take issue with people on this site, but, joshman you owe the guy an apology. There has been alot of this going on lately where people are are accusing others of stealling works or not giving proper credit... well in this case, this has clearly not happened. Proof is in the pictures!!

Hiding behind the fact you start off by saying " If memory serves me right " is wrong. Then you say" the overal shape of the head and headdress is actually from a logo that Redeyedid for Ogallala.... " Well sounds like you accused the guy of wrong doing? Maybe in the future get your facts straight, and most of all, when your wrong be and adult and admit and say I SORRY!!

"If memory serves me right"

Archived