"Padres" is offensive

neo_prankster

Sheesh, if we wanted to play PC Police here, I bet we could find a problem with most of the nicknames used by teams these days...

*puts on the PC Helmet*

I've been trying to think of reasons to object to Orioles and Ravens. Please help.

Orioles-What about all the other animals, like the llamas gettin any respect. What about the other birds like the crow. The team hurt the other animals feelings.

**Stops being PC**

ahh... so woozy being pc makes my head hurt.

DRew

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Each and every day Political Corectness takes us down a drak dark road towards the end of Freedom. This is why the Indians name controvery bothers we it wont stop there and what will be left with is teams named spirt action and energy, or Real San Diego.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

This week i was reading my sport illustrated and some guy wrote in saying that the Kansas City Jayhawks name should be changed becasue there was a terrorist group called the jayhawkers. Common people need stop being so up tight, the only name in pro sports i have a problem with is the redskins because its's a racial slur.

This week i was reading my sport illustrated and some guy wrote in saying that the Kansas City Jayhawks name should be changed becasue there was a terrorist group called the jayhawkers. Common people need stop being so up tight, the only name in pro sports i have a problem with is the redskins because its's a racial slur.

That guy was just a complete idiot the Jayhawkers freed slaves and thats what was behind all they did, maybe tehy did it in an ugly way but slavery was ugly too.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

hornets - can be offensive to those who have family die from hornet attack

hurricanes - offensive to those who had freinds and family die in hurricane attacks.

Texans - offensive to those not from texas and is offended by presidents from Texas

Sabres - offensive to those who are offended by the promotion of violence

Lightning - offensive to those who were affected by lightning strikes

Blues - offensive to those that think Blues invokes a negative stereotypes

Sharks - offensive to those that were victoms of shark attacks

Devils - offensive to christians

Senators - offensive to anarchists

Capitals - offensive to those who think using american symbols are symbols of hate, imperialism and racism

Predators - offensive to those who think predators refers to sex predators

Islanders - offensive to those who think Islanders is preferrential to one particular region and is offensive to non-islanders

Canadiens - offensive to non-canadians and anti-canadians

Kings - offensive to those fled oppressive monarchies

Redwings - offensive to those offended by the color red

Stars - offensive to those that think stars is invoke preferential treatment, and offensive to those who aren't stars.

Blue Jackets - offensive to southerners who had family slaughtered by the union

Avalanche - offensive to those who are victoms of avalanche attacks

Blackhawks - offensive to native american groups and anti-military groups

Flames - offensive to those who are affected by fires

Canucks/Leafs - offensive to those who think Canucks and Leafs invoke canadian nationalism, and since nationalism = nazism, its offensive to those offended by canadian nationalism.

Oilers - offensive to those offended by the invoketion of Oil since the Iraq war is a war for oil, thus oil is offensive, thus Oilers is offensive and offensive to those who think oil digging is destructive to the environment.

Ducks, Thrashers, Bruins, Panthers, Coyotes, and Penguins - offensive to animal rights activists who think the use of animals is form of exploitation of animals.

Flyers - offensive to those who aren't able to pilot planes

Wild - offensive to those who think Wild invoke wild behavior in teens

Rangers - no clue with out comming up with something silly like being offended by park rangers or wait a second, Rangers could be offensive to those who think rangers promote militarism with since Rangers are used in the military ie army rangers. Or it could be offensive to those that are offended by the Texas Rangers(not the ball club but the police group), and since the Texas Rangers are racist, white men who pick on indians and minorities.

and ipso facto because all are offensive,

HC ANaheim

HC Atlanta

HC Boston

HC Buffalo

HC Calgary

HC Colorado

HC Carolina

HC Chicago

HC COlumbus

HC Dallas

HC Detroit

HC Edmonton

HC FLorida

HC Los Angeles

HC Montreal

HC Minnesota

HC New Jersey

HC Nashville

HC New York (Rangers)

Real New York(Islanders)

HC Ottawa

HC Philadelphia

HC Phoenix

HC Pittsburgh

HC San JOse

HC St. Louis

HC Tampa Bay

HC Toronto

HC Vancouver

HC Washington

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

This guy, bad?

Maybe you should get out of the house more, so we can have somthing to really discuss.

Padres1.jpg

I agree, how can anyone be offended by a logo that looks just like Kevin from The Office.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I once read an article about how all the NHL team names were offensive, and so they would all change to "Canadians" (Not Canadiens--the French connotations could be offensive) becasue Canadians wouldn't complain.

Many of the reasons were similar to many above.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Lets use pc names for all teams. THE PITTSBURGH THE. THE FLORDIA ON. THE WINNEPEG OH . THE BOSTON FOR. See there are all sorts of pc names for sport teams.

I like that idea. Let's just use prepositions as team names.

Instead of the Anaheim Fighting Ducks, we could have the Anaheim At. Or the Philadelphia For. Or the Indianapolis In Regard To.

Or we could also allow conjunctions, as in the Washington Whereas.

Lets use pc names for all teams. THE PITTSBURGH THE. THE FLORDIA ON. THE WINNEPEG OH . THE BOSTON FOR. See there are all sorts of pc names for sport teams.

I like that idea. Let's just use prepositions as team names.

Instead of the Anaheim Fighting Ducks, we could have the Anaheim At. Or the Philadelphia For. Or the Indianapolis In Regard To.

Or we could also allow conjunctions, as in the Washington Whereas.

of course that would be offensive to those that don't speak english or are illiterate.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Sheesh, if we wanted to play PC Police here, I bet we could find a problem with most of the nicknames used by teams these days...

*puts on the PC Helmet*

I've been trying to think of reasons to object to Orioles and Ravens. Please help.

The Ravens are offensive to Edgar Allen Poe fans because it commercialized their favorite writer who was writing about emotion.

That, or we could just hate them because they stole the Dirty Bird.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Correct me if i'm wrong but when Mrs. Kroc took over the team after Ray's death in 1985, Did'nt she change the team logo because the cartoon mascot was offensive.

Heck, I'm surprised Ray Kroc didn't change the swinging Padre to Ronald McDonald.

I miss the laughing Brave the Braves stunk back then

Well, he's missed because the Braves choked several times... so he hadn't any reason for laughing about.

:lol:

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

I mean, the Spanish monks that the team is allegedy named after were involved in the Inquisition where Jews, Muslims and other non-Catholics were "tortured and burned in a carnival-like atmosphere"

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

metslogo_215.gif

Let me get the Phoenix Area out of the way and let you know why the names here are offensive

Suns-Offensive to the Sun Burnt people after spending 10 minutes in 110 degree heat

Diamondbacks-Offensive to the people who are afraid of snakes, OR people who are rich and can afford diamonds

Coyotes-Offensive to Illegal Immigrants(Coyotes are men from mexico who transport illegal immigrants to the united states and then they hold them for ransom in some house in the suburbs of phoenix)

Cardinals- Offensive to the Catholic community.

Archived