Southern Maryland Blue Crabs

TurnTwo

Before you do send this off, I'd like to offer ta few suggestions:

Firstly, the outlines on three of the crab's legs look like they got cut off. The rest are all "at a point". Might wanna fix that.

The second, and even more glaring, thing: take a good look at the right claw. the "thumb" is sticking out over the "hand" part of the claw. It's supposed to be the other way around, like the left claw.

Also, the line weights for the interior details, like the leg segments and the eyes, are a littl too thin. May wanna boost those up a little bit to make them "show up" a lil better.

And speaking of the eyes, these particular ones don't really have any character; they're just lines. See what you can do about making them look more aggressive.

It's a real good start, though. (I can't dissect it too much, since humaniod/animal illustrations are NOT my forte.) Just keep working at it and clean it up a lil bit. Good start. Keep going.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I would echo bucco_B's C&C, especially as to the outlines at the end of some of the claws. Also, the body of the crab is too round. A Chesapeake blue crab is more or less football shaped, with very distinct points on the sides. It also has rounded hind fins/legs. See below.

This may sound picky, but we Marylanders are very particular about our crabs. Therefore, the shape is a big deal.

bluecrab3.jpg

Beyond that, I like the wordmarks and the overall color scheme.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

This may sound picky, but we Marylanders are very particular about our crabs. Therefore, the shape is a big deal.

bluecrab3.jpg

Looks nothing like a Maryland crab. Other than that great concept. One sugestion, change the orange to a green/blue.

I suffer from a very sexy learning disability..... sexlexia.

I'll echo the edges of the crab's claws. Just increase the number of mighters.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Also, the line weights for the interior details, like the leg segments and the eyes, are a littl too thin. May wanna boost those up a little bit to make them "show up" a lil better.

this is exactly what I thought when I saw it, right now it is a pretty decent concept, add some thicker lines and increase the miter on your claws and it will be finished.

Untitled-3.gif

-s82.designs.webpage-

Brilliams!

Ownership

-CFA: South Beach Sharks

-NCFA: 2007 Beantown Bowl Champions; BNE Co-Champions

Archived