Jacksonville Jaguars '95, '96 jersey?

Eye

I saw this kid at school today wearing a Mark Brunell home Jaguars teal jersey with the block numbers. That jersey was sick looking and I know that the Jaguars started out in the league wearing block numbers but which year did they switch to the current numbers. The current numbers are good, but the jersey just looks so cool with block numbers and I usually prefer a font other than block on jerseys. Anyone know from what years the Jags wore block numbers? Thanks.

the Jags wore block in their first three seasons, then switched to a thin font (white or teal with gold trim and black shadow) for the 98 season...however, amid complaints that these numbers were hard to read, the Jags changed to the current font, though I don't recall whether the second font made it to the regular season or not (this was brought up a while back, the speculation is that either the font was changed during the preseason or at some point in the first four weeks of the season)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I think during the 1st font change, I think they had black side panels on both jerseys too. They had to be one of the first to dabble in side panels too.

KISSwall09.jpg

the Jags wore block in their first three seasons, then switched to a thin font (white or teal with gold trim and black shadow) for the 98 season...however, amid complaints that these numbers were hard to read, the Jags changed to the current font, though I don't recall whether the second font made it to the regular season or not (this was brought up a while back, the speculation is that either the font was changed during the preseason or at some point in the first four weeks of the season)

You're right about the switches made, but I think you're about a year behind. In 1995 (when Champion made their uniforms), they used block numbers, same as in 1996 (only they switched manufacturers to Nike). In 1997, they made the eventual switch to the current font (after the hard-to-read font was first used)

QPR%20Sig.png

You're right about the switches made, but I think you're about a year behind. In 1995 (when Champion made their uniforms), they used block numbers, same as in 1996 (only they switched manufacturers to Nike). In 1997, they made the eventual switch to the current font (after the hard-to-read font was first used)

I know what you're talking about, I have one of the 1996 Jaguars jerseys. Those things were awesome. But, I would've rather seen their original concept than what they came up with afterwards. Darn Jaguar car company.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

I've posted this before, but here's a scan of the 1997 NFL Style Guide for the Jags:

JacksonvilleJaguars_SG_1997_02.jpg

I know for a fact that CowboyKevin bought one of these off eBay...

Champion did the origional concepts, but the Jags never wore Champion on-field. They were with Wilson the first year.

That is correct. The Jags wore Wilson their first year (and the Panthers wore Apex). Both teams switched to Nike for their second season.

The Jags still had their block numbers in 96, when they defeated the Broncos in their last game in orange. The next year, the Broncos and Jags changes jerseys. I remember seeing a Nike ad with Jags players tackling Terrell Davis (in his new uni), and I thought "what the heck is that horrible black stripe doing there?" So, as I was saying, the Jags switched to the new font/black strike in 97- the same year the Broncos switched to navy.

Also, I thought the Jags' jerseys looked beautiful with the old font. I don't like the new font at all. Sometimes teams look good with their own font, but in most cases, especially in football, they would look better with block numbers.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

[

That is correct. The Jags wore Wilson their first year (and the Panthers wore Apex). Both teams switched to Nike for their second season.

Actually, Carolina switched to Reebok for the regular season in 1995 after wearing Apex through the preseason. They switched to Nike when Reebok left the league in 1997.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Thank you for reminding me of that font, Pantone. I knew that the Jags had a different font other than the block and current fonts. I knew that I remembered seeing the Jags with a skinny version of the current font for a little while.

Never understood why the Jaguars thought they needed a new look after only a couple of years. They really screwed up a classic, clean looking uniform from their inaugural year. Thank God the black side panels was only used one year. Looked like some funky ass black gook running down from their armpits. NOW my question is----what happened to the teal in their road uniforms ?????? WAY TOO MUCH BLACK. With the black helmet, black numbers on white jerseys and all black pants....yuck. At least put the teal numbers back on the whites. And black pants with teal jerseys at home....please.....................................

I've posted this before, but here's a scan of the 1997 NFL Style Guide for the Jags:

JacksonvilleJaguars_SG_1997_02.jpg

I know for a fact that CowboyKevin bought one of these off eBay...

That's one of the jerseys I have. I love that thing, it was my first NFL jersey.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Thank you my sig...

The only color picture I know of with the unused jaguars logos and uniforms.

jagsig3.png

That jersey would've been awesome if they hadn't had the jaguar across the shoulders

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

The problem was, when the Jags were on ESPN for their first exhibition game with those jerseys, every player looked like they were either numer "Blob" or "Blob Blob."

They looked awesome up close, just bad from the wide angle.

They looked awesome up close, just bad from the wide angle.

Kind of like the current Seattle Seahawks color, slate blue. (blue/grey) Looks good up close but from high in the stands and on TV and add the slate blue pants with the jerseys---looks like sludge.........................

Archived