San Antonio Cavalry

Mings

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey there. I don't really post on here much because I just love looking at the great work you guys do. But when I saw this thread, and it mentioned my home, I had to respond. So far I love what you're doing Josh. Looks great!

I'm not one to give tips or anything on graphics but can I suggest somethings? First, the colors for the baseball uniform actually match the current SA minor league team, the Missions. The Missions cap logo looks like this:

SA_6664.gif

But before the Missions changed their logo and uniforms, they used to have an interlocking SA that was almost exactly like the Arizona State cap logo. I think in these black and gold colors, that Arizona State logo would look great. I like the swords in the back of SA also.

Also, I love the Alamo silhouette in the Cavalry wordmark. The thing that bugs me is the silhouette is also in the alternate logo as well as the Alamo outline around the wordmark. Kind of like getting a double dose you know?

Ok, that's all I have. I'm glad you chose to do an SA team

:D

Thanks guys, sorry about the lack of a response. I figured I would let it slip to the second page and do the classic bump.

33hooligan:

I actually did do a few different positioning variations for the SA, but the one chosen proved to be the cleanest (didn't show as much of the swords behind the letters).

I'm curious to what you mean by adding a shape with the letters, maybe you can clarify that a bit? Definitely sounds like it has potential.

oasage:

Thanks for the compliments. The colors were originally intended to mimic the Saints to keep the tradition a bit in case they moved to San Antonio. Even though it shifted to a baseball concept, I wanted to keep the colors since they fit completely with the name. Who knows, maybe the Missions will see this and want to buy it or something (very wishful thinking, even at the minor leagues they don't do that).

I definitely see your point on the double shot of the Alamo (maybe Ozzy had a double shot and thats what lead to his famous encounter). I actually tested it with a couple people and they liked the wordmark with the Alamo treatment over a single color wordmark in it. I think it is subtle enough that most people won't recognize it.

Once again, thanks for all of your guys' C&C. It truly made this logo package become a great one.

Wow, impressive. Just how I like baseball uniforms - simple and effective. The only thing I'm not diggin' is the alt hat, but that's just personal preference. Overall great work, as usual.

Since when was there a side view to that template?

Thanks for the kind words. After saying that you didn't like the alt cap, I went back and looked at it and realized I didn't really like the black bill on it, so I changed it to an all tan cap. I think it looks better now as well.

As far as the template goes, its always been in the MLB Style Guide. The version I am using though is one that was modified by Kyler (roxstar) for use in the PBA (no not the bowling league).

I'm not gonna post the image with the very small change on it in this post, so I updated my post at the top of the page (second one down that has everything in it). Figured I would save a little bandwidth.

Archived