Logo discrepancies on hats

markar14

I just bought a GWU hat from Lids and when I looked up the logo online, I've noticed that the logo on the hat is basically non-existant anywhere else.

Here's what I mean: gw.jpg

compare to this 1_640.jpg

In the more common logo, the G and W are seperate, but on the hat the letters are conjoined along the middle.

Is this a mistake by the hat company, or does GWU just have two similar GW logos?

wouldn't be shocked if that hat GW was a little-used logo...shoot, going slightly off topic there's a Temple owl head that I've only seen on the dasher board while playing Final Four 03 (a side view of the owl head, slightly similar to the Hawks' alternate logo)...and Wyoming has a whole f'ing set they rarely use (updated cowboy on horse, new WYOMING and WYO wordmarks, cowboy head, a second version of the cowboy and horse, likely a few more).

shoot, I figure every other major school has some rarely used logos...as in they're official, but its teams seem loath to use them.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

It's possible that the new mark is a Zephyr creation. Nike has been known to create alternate logos for its own hats, and it's not out of the realm of possibility that other hat manufacturers do it too.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Ive noticed zephyr does this alot with their hats. Ive noticed their LSU. hat has a logo similar to the one the baseball team uses, but it is not the actual logo. The same could be said for Zephyr's A&M hat, but with there are so many different variations of the block "ATM" over time that its hard to tell if it used to be an official A&M logo or not.

Here is the difference in the zephyr LSU logo and the real LSU team logo.

p2201762reg.jpg

tyger-gifts_1897_42234995.gif

I don't see anything different between the two GW logos, please elaborate.

On the school logo, the "G" and the "W" are two seperate letters. On the Zephyr cap, they are interlocked.

Archived