Blue Jays eBay find

Sodboy13

Well, this one seems pretty on the level, given the tagging and cresting. As many of you know (especially Braden,) the original Blue Jays road uniforms unveiled for the 2004 season weren't grey - they were graphite. Someone in the Jays' organization chickened out at the last second, though, and the Jays took the field in plain grey on the road in '04. Now, I just found this on eBay - apparently the Blue Jays were toying with the idea of a graphite faux vest with grey sleeves long enough for a prototype to be made.

Graphite Oddness

So, tell me, those of you in the know: is this legit?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

It's a time like this when I wish this board had a clickable smile that had a guy who lit himself on fire and ran around because that's just how I feel after looking at that shirt. Imagine if the Rockies and Jays played a game with this jersey and Colorado's black on purple crap.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Wow... I don't know what to say.

I'm just glad I have a graphite Jays jersey with graphite sleeves... AND IT ROCKS!

So all you graphite jersey haters can kiss my butt... again :D

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

What about us faux-vest haters? :P

Ah, therein lies the conflict.

I love the graphite, but I abhor the faux vest.

To bid, or not to bid?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm just glad I have a graphite Jays jersey with graphite sleeves... AND IT ROCKS!

Where did you get it? I wonder if there are any places around here that may still stock a few of them.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Where did you get it? I wonder if there are any places around here that may still stock a few of them.

I have one too... they were selling 'em at the Dome in 2005 for like $40

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I have one too... they were selling 'em at the Dome in 2005 for like $40

DAMN IT! WHY DO I KEEP MISSING THE BOAT???

I'm sure I can find SOMEWHERE that didn't sell off all their old stock of that jersey... I hope...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

DAMN IT! WHY DO I KEEP MISSING THE BOAT???

That's what you get for only going on $2 Tuesdays ^_^

Last year I went to a game I got free giveaway tickets to, the fathers day promotion one I got for free too from some contest, then I went again from free tickets I got though my dads office because they did the jays/rogers centre advertising last year. This year I have so far only gone to the $2 games, but for the last one I gave in and bought baseline tickets. I'm also going to this saturdays game against Detroit and probably going to the one against the Mets. This is the first year I have ever had to pay for tickets, so I'm still adjusting to it. So HAH!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

That is a "unique" look.

Too bad they don't have a blue alt concept floating out there, considering they are the BLUE Jays.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Is this the same graphite jersey you guys are talking. If not what am I missing?

MLB Shop

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

Is this the same graphite jersey you guys are talking. If not what am I missing?

MLB Shop

Current road jersey:

http://sportslogos.net/logo.php?lo=4083

Unused graphite jersey:

http://sportslogos.net/logo.php?lo=4086

buffalo_sig.png

Archived