Doris in rego park passes away

NoHoJoe

This is kinda off the Topic, but I have to bring this up.

Doris from Rego Park, a long time caller to WFAN, has passed away from a long term battle with cancer. She was 58.

Doris would frequently call WFAN, usuallly during Mike and The Mad Dog show, and talk about the Mets.

She will be sorely missed

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

You would have to live in the New York area to know what he's talking about.

Wfan is the local sports radio, and Mike and the MadDog show is the big call-in sports talk show.

I watch the show one the YES network frequently or I listen to it on the radio, but I don't remember callers. But may she rest in peace.

I can sometimes pick up WFAN from NYC on my radio late at night.  I never listen to it though.  I just listen to WWZN 1510 from Boston or 1050 ESPN from NYC.

My condolenses to the shattered city.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

You would have to live in the New York area to know what he's talking about.

Wfan is the local sports radio, and Mike and the MadDog show is the big call-in sports talk show.

I watch the show one the YES network frequently or I listen to it on the radio, but I don't remember callers. But may she rest in peace.

Dorris was the die hard Mets fan who had a difficult tiome talking because she had a persitant cough. They said what disease she had that caused it on Mike and the Mad Dog (not the cnacer taht eventualy killed her) it was a disease she was born with the affected her lungs.

I had always thought she was older then 58 by her voice, I guess that was the disease. Either way its a shame she was the best known Mets fan caller on the Fan.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived