Fans to vote on Lakers D-league team

Krona

Will they be called the D-Dogs, D-Fenders, L.A. Caliente, L.A. Breakers, L.A. Next, L.A. Sensation, L.A. Buss or L.A. Evolution?

These are the choices for the name of the Lakers' new NBA Development League team, and the club is asking fans to vote for their favorite at http://www.lakers.com from Monday through Thursday.

EDIT: Under further review, the contest is over. the winner is the Los Angeles Breakers. Great choice. Let the concepts begin!

All are stupid names, but out of all these dumb names I guess Breakers was the best. At least it makes some sense, I mean LA is on the west coast at least.

LA Breakers is not the name. The D-Fenders won the Bracket contest.

That name sucks D-ick.

I swear to god, last night, the site said that breakers won the bracket....maybe a recount. eho knows? that name is awful.

Wasn't L.A. Breakers the name of a team on Double Dribble?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

OnWis, Double Dribble also popped into my head when I heard L.A. Breakers. I surfed for a bit, and they were indeed on DD. It looks like the other teams were the New York Eagles, the Chicago Cattle/Oxen, and the Boston Frogs.

Would anyone NOT vote for "L.A. Gear"... Their logo could have been a ball with 3 different neon-colored shoelaces.

I smell an ABA team...

I wonder if the name was changed when they saw the midget team?

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

Archived