Calder Cup Finals...

Shumway

Saturday and Sunday, I have tickets for the Bears/Admirals Calder Cup Finals games(games 3 & 4). I actually own an Admirals jersey(it's one of my favorite logos). I doubt I'll be wearing it, although I have no real preference of who wins. It'd be nice to see the hometown Bears take it, but regardless, I'm excited to see a finals game.

I'll take plenty of pics over the two games, and they should be posted up here whenever I get time. My friend made a Calder Cup hat, so I'll probably see his ugly mug on the jumbotron at least once each game.

Anyone else been to a finals game?

Have fun. Hershey is a fun place. Ive yet to see a game at the GIANT Center, but I saw a game at the old Hersheypark Arena against the Cincinnati Mighty Ducks. Fun game. Lot of fighting, even the goalies went at it. I do remember the Bears won, but I cant remember the score.

Signature intentionally left blank

Have fun. Hershey is a fun place. Ive yet to see a game at the GIANT Center, but I saw a game at the old Hersheypark Arena against the Cincinnati Mighty Ducks. Fun game. Lot of fighting, even the goalies went at it. I do remember the Bears won, but I cant remember the score.

I had season tickets for the Bears last year, well a 12 game plan. The Giant Center's really nice...I kind of like it more than the Wachovia Center to be honest.

Saturday and Sunday, I have tickets for the Bears/Admirals Calder Cup Finals games(games 3 & 4). I actually own an Admirals jersey(it's one of my favorite logos). I doubt I'll be wearing it, although I have no real preference of who wins. It'd be nice to see the hometown Bears take it, but regardless, I'm excited to see a finals game.

I'll take plenty of pics over the two games, and they should be posted up here whenever I get time. My friend made a Calder Cup hat, so I'll probably see his ugly mug on the jumbotron at least once each game.

I was at the NCAA championship game in 2005 to see North Dakota and Denver. Just the whole spectacle of it all was pretty sweet.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I have never been to any of the Calder Cup Finals games before. I have been to other Calder Cup playoff games. The last one I went to was last year between the Milwaukee Admirals and the Cincinnati Mighty Ducks. The Ducks provided a fan bus to Milwaukee and we went up the day of the game(game 7). The Ducks won with 12 seconds left. I couldnt go to the next series games against Chicago because my Dad got really sick. So the game in Milwaukee was my last as the Ducks folded.

Signature intentionally left blank

Went to Games 1 & 5 of the 2000 Calder Cup finals (Hartford vs. Rochester)...had amazing luck as Hartford won both games (they ended up winning the Cup in 6)....

Didn't make it to any of the games the last time the Bears got to the Finals (1997), but I did go to one of the Conference Finals games vs. Springfield (was rooting for the Falcons seeing they still were the Whalers affiliate...at least until the season ended :lol: )...I still contend to this day that the Falcons would have taken that series if not for Manny Legace going ape on the ref in one of the games out in Springfield...totally killed the Falcons momentum.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

I went to game 1 of the 1999 Calder Cup Finals between Rochester and Providence. Providence Civic Center was packed, and the crowd was really into it, but I couldn't get a sense that it was different from any other game. By that, I mean there didn't seem to be any decorations, or specific announcements or music that might signify the league championship.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived