World Cup 06 Preview

NJTank

Got a gut feeling about England they are due

I don't see it. England usually chokes *c1o9u5g0h* and this year will be no different. Hell, if you looked up "international sign for choking" you would see three lions :P

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Got a gut feeling about England they are due

I don't see it. England usually chokes *c1o9u5g0h* and this year will be no different. Hell, if you looked up "international sign for choking" you would see three lions :P

The same could be said for any Spanish side since the 1964 European Championships too :lol:

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

I dont know all that much about soccer, but, i have a feeling that USA and Germany will meet again on a larger scale, like you said. And USA will probably lose, again.

However, im the type guy whose always pulling for an upset.

oBIgzrL.png

Can someone who is knowledgeable about soccer answer me this question. How can you tell when the game is going to end?

I'm watching the end of the Ecador-Poland game the clock reaches 90 and they say they are adding stoppage time of 1 minute. So the little stoppage time box on the score bar drops down and starts counting up. It gets to minute and it doesn't end. When it gets to 3:20 the game ends. I'm no math expert but I do not 3 minutes and 20 seconds is more than 1 minute. How as a spectator (or as a player) are you supposed to figure out how much time is left in the game. If I'm watching a game and it's close 1 goal game I would like to know exactly how much time is left.

these predictions are crazy, they seemed to be picked by a roll of a dice, some of these quotes are ridiculous.

"The US is the best team in this group and this will prove they are now a soccer power as they win it with shocking ease."

"while Argentina in a down year" since when is it argentina's down year??

and it is quite the insult to put paraguay in the same breath as T&T "overmatched Trinidad & Tobago and Paraguay"

and if england do beat brazil, its not an upset. "A win that will equal the Miracle on Ice for English Soccer fans for decades to come." England probably have the best midfield quartet(Lampard, Gerrard, Cole, Beckham), the best left back(Ashley Cole), and one of the best strikers(Rooney...if healthy) in the world.

well, I'll try to answer: basically, it ends whenever the ref feels like ending it.

te game ends when the ref notices it...if there are 2 stoppage time minutes, it may be a little less or a little more....the tv clock might be different to the game clock as is the case in AFL.....i actually like it when you don't know when the game is going to end, adds to the excitement

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

If you don't know anything about soccer, why are predicting the tourney? Moreover, if you don't know anything about soccer, how in the world can you preview the World Cup? This ain't the MLS final series, man. This is the biggest sporting event in the world!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Someone with your credibility and status, shouldn't be predicting something like the world cup, if you dont know about it, i mean you shouldnt bring down your rep, its like me trying to predict NASCAR...(which i know nothing of, i dont even know what this CHASE business is all about)

Why shouldn't Tank take a shot at predicting the world cup? It's not like the experts of any sport are any better at predicting who would win. I mean a monkey who spins a wheel can predict a winner better than the experts..... (see TSN) Although, I am a little disappointed he didn't pick Togo to win it all :D

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived