New Illinois Football Uniforms

illini1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Piping- Bad.

Circle I logo making more appearances as of late- Good.

Nike cookie cutters- Bad.

Maybe a new look will help them win, but I think the black outlined ILLINOIS on the helmet will be a mismatch with these.

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

I'm very disappointed that the orange pants seem to be gone. Orange pants and an orange helmet were two things I considered very important about the Illini's uniform. I can't see anyway that orange pants fit this design, and it certainly appears that even if there is a way, it won't be the primary set.

The orange helmet better stay. I don't expect it to be the same though. I figure they'll do the Circle-I logo.

Oh, by the way, illinirox, the ILLINOIS script on the helmet was outlined in navy, not black.

Disgusting. Absolutely horrible.

Nike took what was a classic uniform as of 2002, and completely wiped their asses with it. They created bland, uninspired garbage which was worn for the last three years.

This is even worse than that. These aren't uninspired, but they are inspired by the wrong things.

I've seen an 0-11 season. One of my years there, Illinois didn't win a single game in conference.

These uniforms are much worse than that. This is a dark day for Illini football.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Meh. Nike strikes again. They'll look OK, but there's nothing on this uniform that says:

1. Big 10

2. Tradition

3. Illini

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'm very disappointed that the orange pants seem to be gone. Orange pants and an orange helmet were two things I considered very important about the Illini's uniform. I can't see anyway that orange pants fit this design, and it certainly appears that even if there is a way, it won't be the primary set.

The orange helmet better stay. I don't expect it to be the same though. I figure they'll do the Circle-I logo.

Oh, by the way, illinirox, the ILLINOIS script on the helmet was outlined in navy, not black.

Even outlined in navy, I just think the angular style of it won't flow with the ridiculous rounded piping. Because of the "piping" circle around it, the Block I is the only logo that can get close to matching these jerseys. And if I wasn't clear before, I hate these.

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

Well of course they're ugly -- Nike's superhero-ization of NCAA football continues.

I just want to know why the damn Nike logo has to be so huge!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I just want to know why the damn Nike logo has to be so huge!

Because they are paying for the jerseys.

That said, I'm getting sick of the Nike piping. It was innovative (if somewhat startling) on Miami but now it has become cliche. Even though this does not appear to be the "wrap-around" style, it's still repetative. Enough, already.

Archived