My Ultimate Baseball Road Trip

ZBoyer

I did a similar trip in 1999 - we hit 8 games in 11 cities over 3 weeks, all by car. Sadly, some of those places are gone (Three Rivers, Milwaukee County, Tiger, Stade Olympique), but that means I'll have to make another trip to see their replacements. It can be done on a reasonable budget - the only place I had to scalp seats was in Cleveland - this was back when Jacobs Field was in the middle of its 450-some odd game sellout streak (and I am a huge Indians fan). I did, however, buy the Cubs and Red Sox tickets the winter before, so you may run into major troubles trying to get into those places. Fenway has become especially tought over the last 3-4 seasons - one of my college roommates lives in Boston, and we've been skunked trying to get scalpers' tickets for anything less than usury.

The Canadian border does not require passports... yet. But it's coming soon, and I've always brought mine. It's less of a hassle than trying to carry around your birth certificate, plus the passport is a photo ID, which is always nice. I echo the statement about Niagara Falls - worth seeing. Are you going to have time to go sightseeing in these cities as well? It'd be worth your time in a lot of these places.

I wouldn't cut out the Canada leg of the trip - I'm a big fan of our northern neighbors and have always had a good time there (we had family in Montreal). If you are, why not skip Erie, PA - go Detroit - Cleveland - Pittsburgh - Philadelphia? I don't know what Erie would have to offer versus 2 other major league cities.

BTW, I PMed you... if you have any questions about Philadelphia or CBP, hit me up...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Mike -

Tremendous thanks for the ton of information about Philadelphia. If I don't get there during this swing, I'll probably take a trip down there by the end of the summer because it sounds like a great time. Who knew there was so much to do there? (But then again, it is Philadelphia).

Still need some help from the St. Louis fans out there...who knows the new Busch well enough to help me out? B)

I realize that I also need help for my Indianapolis leg of the journey. I've used MapQuest and Google Earth to find out where Victory Field is, and it looks like the Indians play smack in the middle of the downtown area - right next to the RCA Dome and in an area that looks to have little to no parking.

Has anyone ever been here (for a Colts game, I assume) that could help me with parking near the area? Thanks!

Archived