Stanford Baseball Jerseys

oddball

I happened to flip on the Oregon State - Stanford game and figured I'd root for the team with the best uni... well I know that Stanford still has pull-overs, but they're I guess classic. I saw OSU's uni's and thought they looked good, I then saw a shot of Stanford's and just about puked. Why?

stanford_06.jpg

Well why is there a black number on the front? There is no black anywhere else on the uniform except for that black number. Did they burn the numbers when they were ironing them on? *sarcasm* Why do people think just adding black is good or even cool? Not all that up on college baseball, but how long has this been going on? It's just one of those annoying things that you see. Of course the other annoying thing in college baseball is Miami's ugly Nikefied unis. :cursing:

How is this different from the Dodgers having red numbers on the front of their uniform when there's nothing but blue everywhere else?

A red number on a blue dominated jersey looks a lot classier. Plus LA does have the red line-thingys in their logo so it's not completely outta place. Plus red and blue are enough of a contrast aswear black and cardinal are not. Plus the number is darker, and well, that's just my own personal opinion. If you're gonna do a "Dodger" (what i call it), make the number lighter than the other lettering. IMO. B)

How is this different from the Dodgers having red numbers on the front of their uniform when there's nothing but blue everywhere else?

agreed. this is what I thought of when I first saw those black numbers...this and the pullover looks like a 1985 little league jersey.

KISSwall09.jpg

well I know that Stanford still has pull-overs, but they're I guess classic

Yeah, it's classic like 1978. It would be a great uniform without sleeve and collar piping and with buttons down the shirt. I am glad they're no longer "Stunford."

heh, I watched last night's game on a real small screen from a distance, so I didn't notice until I read this post. This must be a new mistake, as their front digits are usually cardinal...it makes no sense, it looks out of place.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

It doesn't make sense. I got that pic from the Stanford website as it was the best one to show the black number that didn't look like it could be a dark red because of the shadow. I know the Dodgers have had the red number and being a Dodger fan I've "accepted" it, I've just always found it odd though. I know changing to a blue number they'd probably look like Kansas City and removing the front number might have someone scream they look like possibly Detroit per se.

What you can't see in the picture is that the back of the jersey says "Jersey Joe's Good-Time Tavern 287-6314".

The difference is, the Dodgers' ones look good, whereas the Stanford ones look beer-league.

And for the record, I'm both a Dodgers and Stanford fan.

Stanford has a chance to have a great looking baseball uniform, but they ruin it by insisting on keeping the pullovers, and the black number on the front just turns something allready ugly to something downright garbage.

Why can't they just go to a button down with simple cardinal red piping? It would be 1000x better than this crap they continue to wear.

• 6 years later...

V-neck pullover jerseys are great. The mindset that they're inferior to button-front jerseys needs to stop. The sooner that line of thinking goes away, we'll all be better off. Pullover jerseys aren't "beer league" or "softball" they're very good.

I think this is a new record....you just bumped up an almost 7 year old thread.

For some perspective...Facebook and Twitter were still relatively new when this thread was started.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

For some perspective...Facebook and Twitter were still relatively new when this thread was started.

The Kardashians had yet to air an episode documenting their wholesome family life and a gallon of milk cost a nickel.

Didn't realize this was a seven-year-old thread until I opened it. Read through and got to the post below and thought, "Exactly what I was thinking." Saw that the guy was a Dodgers and Stanford fan like me and thought, "That's a coincidence." Then I looked and saw it was me, but before I'd gone back to college to get my BA. I graduate law school in two months. That's how old this thread is.

Epic trolling, Phantom. Well done (?). :therock:

What you can't see in the picture is that the back of the jersey says "Jersey Joe's Good-Time Tavern 287-6314".

The difference is, the Dodgers' ones look good, whereas the Stanford ones look beer-league.

And for the record, I'm both a Dodgers and Stanford fan.

V-neck pullover jerseys are great. The mindset that they're inferior to button-front jerseys needs to stop. The sooner that line of thinking goes away, we'll all be better off. Pullover jerseys aren't "beer league" or "softball" they're very good.

Also, you completely missed the point of the original post, which wasn't about v-neck pullovers at all, but the ugly black numbers on the front. Keep digging through old threads, you'll find the right one someday,

The Kardashians had yet to air an episode documenting their wholesome family life and a gallon of milk cost a nickel.

I think the model-T just came out, too.

I think the model-T just came out, too.

My family just got their first television set

Archived