Red 1970-1974 Houston Astros Hat

BamaHater

What a fascinating discussion. From my perspective, from one who is color blind (particularly with discerning red/orange) and has been a logo obsessive for 35 years, that Astros hat was always, unquestionably, orange. My eyes see a color clearly in some cases--like a pumpkin is orange, a stop sign is red--and never once have I looked at that early Astros cap and seen red.

What I have seen, however, is the lovliest design the team has sported puts their current look to shame.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to quickly end this :vaderandluke: battle look on that card and look in the stands there red in that photo i couldda sworn dat da astro dome had orange seats that is a definate color eror :jawdrop: yes i know........ its amazing some stores sell novelty hats like a distant replays i saw a cheif knockahomer hat ...like the braves ever wore that :argue: argue all u want to i know im wright.

ATL

to quickly end this :vaderandluke: battle look on that card and look in the stands there red in that photo i couldda sworn dat da astro dome had orange seats that is a definate color eror :jawdrop: yes i know........ its amazing some stores sell novelty hats like a distant replays i saw a cheif knockahomer hat ...like the braves ever wore that :argue: argue all u want to i know im wright.

Argue with what? I can barely understand what you're saying (and I'm sure I speak for everyone else who's read your post, too).

QPR%20Sig.png

New York Yankees star pitcher Jaret Wright?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

to  quickly end this  :vaderandluke: battle look on that card and look in the stands there red in that photo i couldda sworn dat da astro dome had orange seats that is a definate color eror :jawdrop: yes i know........ its amazing  some stores sell novelty hats like a distant replays i saw a cheif knockahomer hat ...like the braves ever wore that

actually, IIRC the Astrodome did have red seats as part of some sections that mimiced the rainbow striping. they kept it despite the 94 change to blue and gold, and it's still there.

however, as we're talking about the hat, it's orange. it's been beaten to death. most of us have seen robins, and they typically have reddish-orange underbellies. if it's red, buy from somewhere else next time.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

LOL HAY GUYS IM ON THE INTRANET LOL

Welcome to DrunjFlix

As an Astros fan I have to say great thread.

If I remember right the Astrodome seating arrangement (seat colors) was Field Boxes (level 200) Red [level 100 was the actual playing field), Mezzanine Level (level 400) was orange, level 500 was the Press Box & Star Columbia Suites, level 600 was Loge level and those seats were grey, level 700 was the Upper Deck and if I remember right those seats were originally Orange and then I think they were changed to a combination of Yellow, Blue, Orange and Red. I forget the order of the colors in the Upper Deck. Finally, the 900 Level, the Skyboxes were grey. I never got to go up in the Skyboxes because you either had to be 16 or 18 to get up there.

when I posted baseball cards I was told photos are not reliable, when someone else posts a photos, it's

fact.

Whatever, Your Mom's Box.

Whatever, Your Mom's Box

Nice Opie and Anthony reference.

That is all, i got nothing to add.

phillysports.jpg

to  quickly end this  :vaderandluke: battle look on that card and look in the stands there red in that photo i couldda sworn dat da astro dome had orange seats that is a definate color eror :jawdrop: yes i know........ its amazing  some stores sell novelty hats like a distant replays i saw a cheif knockahomer hat ...like the braves ever wore that :argue: argue all u want to i know im wright.

LOL HAY GUYS IM ON THE INTRANET LOL

They have the internet on computers, now?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

The internet has become to easy to use. <_<

Why back in your day you had to walk ten miles uphill to use the Internet

Actually I had to walk 10 miles uphill through snow drifts both ways in the summer heat to put my punch card in the mainframe to figure out what colour Astros caps were.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Actually I had to walk 10 miles uphill through snow drifts both ways in the summer heat to put my punch card in the mainframe to figure out what colour Astros caps were.

In MY day, we used tin cans and string to access the internet...

And we LIKED IT!

And we LIKED IT!

Flibbity-Floo!

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

And we LIKED IT!

Tin cans and string? LUXURY!!!

Bonus points for getting the reference. :D

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

What do we make, therefore, of the Columbus Astros of the mid-1970s?

They appear to be a very bright red:

five76columbusastros.jpg

And then, more orangy (compared to the Dr. Pepper and Coke signs on the scoreboard).

kevindrake76columbus.jpg

And later ... blue?

columbusastros440.jpg

I call "airbrush" on the last one.

If we presume that the uniforms are red, then should we presume that the color of the sky is a post-apocolyptic greenish yellow blue, the Coca Cola logo was a maroon color, and that the players pants are a cream color? And that these uniforms, which look to have been produced by Joe's silkscreen house, were governed by a set of uniform graphic standards that was sent along by the parent club?

Archived