Red 1970-1974 Houston Astros Hat

BamaHater

Cooperstown Ball Cap Co. is a very poor source.  They're less reliable than Distant Replays or New Era.

Yeah, I saw a Houston Colts hat from them and the .45s is absolutely huge on the front of it. Look at a baseball card for five minutes and you'll see it was pretty small, like on the New Era versions. These numbers took up nearly the whole front panel. For a company that claims to make stuff that's so authentic they can charge twice as much, it was just awful.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  Yeah, I saw a Houston Colts hat from them and the .45s is absolutely huge on the front of it. Look at a baseball card for five minutes and you'll see it was pretty small, like on the New Era versions. These numbers took up nearly the whole front panel. For a company that claims to make stuff that's so authentic they can charge twice as much, it was just awful.

It gets even worse on pre-50's stuff where photos are much scarcer. They have many styles which match the original Okkonen book, but ignore updates shown on Dressed to 9's website.

Maybe I can help settle this (then again, maybe I can add fuel to the fire):

I distinctly remember a Game of the Week where they were talking about the Astros' new orange caps. I turned to my dad and said, "I thought they were red." He said, "I thought so too."

Why I remember things like that, I don't know, especially since I can't remember where I parked my car in the parking lot.

Then again, regarding the red-orange thing, there is a fine line between the two colors.

Archived