The Heckle Thread

TurnTwo

LMU Chants Towards Pepperdine:

What time's curfew?

You're still sober!

We hate Pepperdine! (to the point)

GED! GED! (towards a player on their team who didn't graduate high school)

Towards short players:

Gary Coleman! (we threw this one at Nate Robinson a couple seasons ago)

Singing of "It's a Small World Afterall"

Towards redheads:

You're a ginger! (south park reference)

Chant at home games:

This is Hank's house!

VmWIn6B.png

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do have a few from baseball as well...mostly it's one story...

Rainy night at Camden Yards (it was while I was still in college...only was about 45 min. from Baltimore, so I spent many a weekend night at Camden Yards during baseball season)...O's/Mariners...Mussina vs. the Big Unit....AND, it's my birthday...

Well, the heavens open up after a few innings and the game goes into a rain delay of about 2 hours....then, they resume action.  However, a good majority of the crowd at the park had left for home, so my friends and I move down from our seats from the back row of the LF field level stands to the seats right on the wall (at this point, the ushers didn't give a crap...there were about maybe 3-4,000 people left in the park)...

Anyways, the O's were winning pretty big (Chris Hoiles had taken the Unit deep twice, including a shot that landed in the upper bullpen) and I guess Davey Johnson & Lou Pinella decided to empty the benches at that point....the M's brought in Rob Ducey to play LF near the end of the game....BJ Surhoff comes up for the O's and hits a drive into LF...Ducey looks like he's about to get it but slipped on the wet turf and went down..the ball lands about 3 feet behind him and starts a slow roll towards the wall...Surhoff huffs and puffs his way into a triple.

Ducey finally gets the ball back in and is just crushed....next batter comes up for the O's....I stand up and yell out in a Ricky Ricardo-esque voice "HEEEYYYY DOOOOOCEEEYYY....YOU GOT SOME SPLAAAANIN TOOO DOOOO!"

Ducey shook his head and started to laugh....it's all the guy could do in that situation...:lol:

I was at that game, behind the 3rd Base dugout. Couldn't hear you from there. :D

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Anytime a athlete who is related to another athlete is playing, no matter what sport, it's always unevitable that you hear:

"Hey, your (dad/brother/cousin/wife/godfather/son) is better then you!"

Insert Witty Signature Here.

OK, I have a few good ones from my 2 years at USF Bulls men's basketball games:

- v. the Cincinnati Bearcats, mind you this was shortly after Bob Huggins DUI, before the game the whole student section kept chanting DUI! DUI! DUI! whenever Cincy called a timeout.

- v. the Memphis Tigers, about 2 years ago, in Darius Washington Jr.'s freshman year, everyime he had the ball we chanted OVER RATED! OVER RATED! OVER RATED!. To say the least, he had a pretty bad game that day.

- v. the Louisville Cardinals, we caught head coach Rick Pitino on the court while the ball was in play. We razzed the refs so bad to call a technical, but nothing happened. The game ended with us commenting along the lines of "Pitino paid the refs" so that they wouldn't call a technical.

Had some fun over the Twins bullpen in April...

Someone was trying to get Nathan's attention and said "hey we got some good lookin girls up here!" and Juan Rincon turned around to which the guy shouted back "NOT YOU RINCON!"

"Hey Nathan... how many saves you get last year" (nathan ignores)

"DON'T PRETEND YOU DON'T KNOW! I bet Rincon knows how many he got"

-Rincon turns around and flashes a "Zero" sign-

We love Juan, steroids and all :)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I'm more of a Minnesota-Duluth fan, but I get amused when at a Minnesota Gophers hockey game and at the end of a Gopher power play, the announcer says "UMD (or other team) at full strength," and the whole student section yells, "That's debatable!"

I'm more of a Minnesota-Duluth fan, but I get amused when at a Minnesota Gophers hockey game and at the end of a Gopher power play, the announcer says "UMD (or other team) at full strength," and the whole student section yells, "That's debatable!"

They do that at Wisconsin games too.

I've always liked it...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I went to a pens game where we were losing terribly to the Rangers and people were shouting all types of things at the team.

"Put Joey Porter on the ice! He cant do any worse!"

"Wheres Badger Bob!?" {some guy in the row in front of us says} "Turning in his grave!"

"Its not a penalty kill, guys!"

And my favorite...

"Hit 'em with your purse Gonchar!"

And i recently went to a pirates game that was cut short due to rain {it shouldnt have gone as long as it did} and guys a couple rows back were chanting, "Here we go rainchecks, here we go!"

oBIgzrL.png

back when the Cincinnati Mighty Ducks played we had great chants including

How Many Goals do we have?!!!

Start counting goals then make a remark to the visiting goalie.

and my personal favorite...

IM BLIND! IM DEAF! I WANNA BE A REF!

Signature intentionally left blank

And my story is

At my high school's baseball game The football stands are set up in right field facing the football field.  So everyone sits at the top of the stands facing the baseball feild and heckles the right fielder all game.

"Hey 23 I f'd your mom"

"Hey 13 you better get off your knees your blowing the game"

That's another bit of classy heckling right there. If I ever heard anything that derogatory and explicit during a high school game, it wouldn't last long. It's up to the coach to see that heckling like that stops, whether he does it himself, or has the athletic director do it for him.

At some point heckling crosses the line. You have posted a wonderful example of that.

Rude and obnoxious heckling leads to more aggressive and belligerent behavior on the field. I have seen it countless times. A player doesn't like the stuff he's hearing, and takes it out on the opponent, whether it's a hard slide, a trip, a swing, whatever. It escalates any bad feelings players and teams might have towards one another.

Remember?these aren't pros. They're people playing for the love of the game. Playful joking between the players and coaches is one thing. But this is gone over the line.

They do have at least two supervisors up in the stands usually. But when they kick someone out everyone cheers and then someone else heckles 'til they get thrown out. The dilema the supervisors face is that they can't kick out everybody, so it really can't be stopped.

yankees-1.png

Ah I'm gonna miss high school basketball games. The cheering was great, I got kicked out of 4 games in two years. I was kinda like the ringleader of the group.

I've asked some of my teams players some stuff, and gotten tips on what distracts THEM the most, to use on other teams.

One of the best things to do is when a player is shooting a free throw, quiet the whole crowd and have one fan yelling at him. This way with all the noise it drowns out everything, so the player can hear everything you're saying. Usually you don't say curse words or deragatory things when the spotlight is on you, just make fun of some blatantly obvious things. You know, facial features or if he looks like a celebrity. (IE - one game a guy looked like Dave Coulier, so it was all quiet and i yelled "HEY BOND, YOU LOOK LIKE JOEY FROM FULL HOUSE." Sounds corny, but when its the only thing being said it got both benches laughing.

My all time favorite cheer of all time happened when I was a junior, and a kid went to the free throw line wearing a protective nose guard like Richard Hamilton wears. A guy started chanting "WHERES YOUR CHAINSAW?" and it got us all riled up.

- v. the Louisville Cardinals, we caught head coach Rick Pitino on the court while the ball was in play. We razzed the refs so bad to call a technical, but nothing happened. The game ended with us commenting along the lines of "Pitino paid the refs" so that they wouldn't call a technical.

Yeah, funny story. Football Homecoming at UC vs Louisville in 2001. ESPN caught us on camera in the student section doing a "FU UL" chant (non edited of course, and the longer version), while flipping their student section off. So yeah the next day in all the mailboxes at the dorms, and in our school emails, there was a letter about bad sportsmanship and blah blah blah.

I was at a Yankees/White Sox game in 1997 right after Albert Belle signed his $63 million contract. We were about five rows back near the left field line.

Someone hits a ball that had he run for it Belle could have caught. Instead it falls in for a single. I yell "$63 million for that, Albert? 63 million for that? A little leaguer would have caught that one." As he looks around I stand up and yell "Hey Albert, I"m right here buddy!" He had an incident with a fan previously and we were trying to elicit a response from him.

Belle hits a home run and as he's taking the field, he looks in my direction all proud with his chest puffed out and I yelled to him "That was impressive Albert, but look at the scoreboard you're still down by six." His head slumped after that. For all that Albert was a good sport.

I also have many Ron Hextall heckling stories. My favorite chant was "Pull your groin Hextall, pull your groin." Since he was known for groin injuries especially when he was with the Islanders. He also had the misfortune to replace fan favorite Glenn Healy who had led the team to the Conference Finals the season before.

He got me though after returning to Philly for his final season. I was on the Boston Garden tour during the Flyers practice. I saw Hextall and couldn't resist doing the "Pull your groin..." chant. When he looked around I yelled "I'm right here." Next thing you know several pucks land in close proximity to me. I promptly shut up knowing I could jeopardize my life, picked up a couple of the pucks and left.

My all time favorite comes from a local football game where a team from a wealthy suburb (Mount Eliza) was playing a team from a poorer suburb (Pines).

One guy from the Pines crowd was abusing the umpires, and then had the audacity to abuse the Mt Eliza crowd when they thought the umpire had erred.

One of the Mt Eliza fans yelled back at him "Shut up you, or I'll put your rent up".

Funniset thing I've ever heard.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

A personal favourite, one I pulled off successfully.

I managed to get platinum tix to a Craptors game vs. the Mavericks last year, and they were a few rows away from the net. Anyways, a Maverick was going to the free throw line, and all of the section was waving their towels and trying to distract him, and he still makes the free throw.

In that slight silence afterwards, I pipe up "YOU STILL SUCK!"

Got a few good chuckles outta that.

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

#1 - I rarely heckle at games, but one day we went to a St. Paul Saints game with "the guys". We had seats in the first couple of rows behind first base and the first baseman from the other team, Marty Neff, happened to be an ex-Saint, but he had also bleached his hair, making him look quite rediculous.

Well first off, he makes a horrible play on a bunt and tosses the ball over the pitcher covering the base, so we started to chant "E3! E3! E3!" (error on the first basemen for those of you scoring challenged).

Then each time he came up to bat, we started the Maaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrr-tttttyyyyy! Maaarrrr-ty! chant, like they used to do to Darryl Strawberry. After Marty comes up for the fourth time, suddenly I stop chanting and realize, we've got the whole stadium doing it! Hahaha!

We even got a mention on the post-game radio broadcast.

We may or may not have rattled him, he always had quite a high batting average, but he went hitless with an error that night. Nothing worse than riding a guy who hits a grand slam and stuffs it back in your face.

#2 - University of Minnesota hockey team traditionally gets the best recruits from Minnesota. Whenever Duluth, St, Cloud or Mankato come to Minneapolis to play, their teams always get razzed with "Go-pher Re-jects!"

Other than that, the U of M cheers are horribly unimaginative and just and excuse to yell "You suck!" in public. :mad:

#3 - My shining moment that got me on ESPN Sportscenter.

2003 Stanley Cup playoffs.

Vancouver Canucks coach Marc Crawford was my target. I came armed with 18 "thought balloons" for any and all situations.

identicaltwins.jpg

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I was at a cup soccer game a couple of years ago between Southampton and Watford. Saints were still in the Premiership at the time, but Watford were in the Championship (the next division down). When Watford went something like 2-0 p there fans started singing 'Premier League? You're having a laugh!!', when it was 4-0 we were singing 'Premier League? We're having a laugh!!' The game ended 5-2 I think! Very bad night!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived