Detroit Lions logo concept

-(dp)-

Here is the logo with some changes, which I think are definitely improvements.

thelions3b.gif

Thanks to those of you who actually made suggestions of how to make it better, and not just saying it looked like a kitty or a chihuahua. I couldn't get what officeglenn said to look right. Please tell me what you think now. Again, I will accept and take into consideration any suggestions you guys have about the concept.

i like the updates, but just a few things to take into consideration, if you would want to..

-possibly have the maine come up onto his head, like forehead reigon

-shorten the length of the mouth so it doesnt look like its smiling..itll look more intimidating that way, assuming that's what youre going for...or maybe keep the mouth as is, but have it turn down instead

just a few suggestions you might want to try out, but good work :grin:

qvAvG.jpg

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks better thanthe first one, but I still think it doesnt look much like a lion. Check out some pictures online and get some references. The mane is a good start for lions. Why dont you take the mane off, change the colors and call it panthers logo.

I think it looks a little bit like that crazy dinosaur in Jurassic Park with the mane and the crazy green vomit spit. I don't even really know why, either, because it's not like you can make it that much more aggressive.

Try to tweak it a little more.

i wish i could give more of an opinion on how to fix the problem i'm about to mention, but i really can't think of how to fix it.

it doesn't look like it's the SIZE of a lion... for some reason, i imagine a real like one of those would be roughly a tad larger than my shoe. not a giant beast.

Your on the right track. Looks more fierce now that you've changed the mouth. That said, I think something needs to be done with the eyes now to go with the mouth. The eyes still make him look a little 'sneaky' as opposed to fierce. Maybe just move the eyeball closer to the corner i think.

CLM-1.png

I really do like the idea and the execution is pretty good, but it lookse more like a cat that had a bad hair day. The maine to me looks odd, maybe tilt the haed so we see more of the right side and the ears look a little too pointy. I like it, but with some more improvements it could look really great.

there are some really well executed pieces to this logo...unfortunately, it looks very little like a lion and much like a cat - here are some of the reasons

- the ears - they're too large and pointy and too far off the head - lions ears are generally more short and rounded, and sometimes get lost in the mane which brings me to the next point...

- the mane and the head seem completely disconnected - someone else suggested having the mane flow onto the forehead, and you should work hard to make that happen

- the "snout" is much too short - lions have significantly longer faces, so to speak, than most other cats - you need to elongate the snout area

-the whiskers seem a bit long for a lion, as well

get some reference photos and continue to play around with it and you'll get there - the eye and teeth are very well rendered...they give it a cartoony feel which is unrealistic for an nfl team, but that doesn't make it a bad logo

jldesigns404eo.png

Thanks leggman, as well as a few others, for telling me what I can change, instead of just saying it looked like a kitty. I will try to make some of these changes and it will hopefully be up tonight or tomorrow.

MegatronSig2.jpg

OK, here it is. Still not the final, but I worked on what you guys said. I'm not sure I like the turnout, but with your help I can still make it better.

thelions2B.gif

Here is what I tried to change:

- Make the mane more lion like

- Make the nose longer

- Make the ears more round, and hidden in the mane

- Make the mane and the head look more connected

If you guys can tell me what is wrong now, and if I didn't change any of these enough, please do. Any and all other comments are also welcome.

MegatronSig2.jpg

That's actually a solid improvement from where it started. He just needs to lose the smile and gain a more intimidating look. Keep plugging away at it.

BTW marqdesign, your sig is too big.

How so? Yours is wider and his is perfectly reasonable height.

marqdesign, I love your lion logo. I don't think it's quite marjor-league, but it's a really unique take on an overused mascot. Reminds me of Scar from the Lion King, but in a good way.

PISTONSthenextDYNASTY, there is definitely hope. I think the sticking point is still the eyes. It looks like there's too much detail.

i definitly like it now, the only thing i would change is:

shorten the whiskers just a little bit, other may dis agree but thats what i think

also i like what you did before with the white shate around his nose before, the onlu thing is i wouldn't use white, maybe a lighter shade of grey from his face color

other than that excellent job

Archived