Detroit Lions logo concept

-(dp)-

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here it is, it is definitely the best one of mine yet, IMO. I think it is close to the final, maybe some small changes, but I think it is getting there. If it weren't for the CCSLC, I would still be where I started. You guys have helped me very much, Thanks. Please Tell me anything that can make it better, or just anything you think about it. I am not very good with shading, but I think it turned out OK.

thelions8.gif

MegatronSig2.jpg

Lions (the animal, not the football team) kick so much ass. They are my favorite animal. That pic of the actual lion shows why. Strong, regal, stoic and can eat you for lunch. As for your logo, it looks like the lion is singing, lol. I would turn the lion and make it a head on logo, like the above poster suggested. Also, reopen the eyes! I know you think you have been struggling with the eyes, but I like what you had going, especially the blue ones. Instead of an actual eyebrow, just use that dark shading you incorporated over the top of the eye to suggest depth in that area of the face. In an animal logo all the ferocity and aggression is delivered in the eyes. Overall though, amazing improvement. keep it up!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I'm not much for C&C, because I suck at this. BUT, I think you need to add a curve to the tongue - like a gentle "s", such that the tip of the tongue is nearer the teeth. From its current starting point, it should move out a little horizontally, then down, then out again toward the teeth.

This has been a fantastic process, going from your initial logo to what you have here. Very nice, indeed!

It's where I sit.

Here it is, it is definitely the best one of mine yet, IMO. I think it is close to the final, maybe some small changes, but I think it is getting there. If it weren't for the CCSLC, I would still be where I started. You guys have helped me very much, Thanks. Please Tell me anything that can make it better, or just anything you think about it. I am not very good with shading, but I think it turned out OK.

thelions8.gif

i love how u shaded and lost the ear but if u open his eyes that would be perfect cause your heading in the wrong direction going back to the yawning

ATL

Here are two with open eyes. I didnt know what angle to do them at so I did two different ones. I still have the one with closed eyes, and I like that one better. Lions actually do close their eyes when they open their mouths, and I think it looks right that way. Please tell me which one you like the best, as well as anything you think I can change.

eye angled down

thelions3b3.gif

eye angled up

thelions7c.gif

MegatronSig2.jpg

something about it isn't getting the job done.....and I think it is the mane on his left side, or our right....it is way to wide for the head's angle. A few of your black detail lines in his mane are squared off and look sloppy....and some others are too small(shading). It has come far from its start, but it still needs work.

Untitled-3.gif

-s82.designs.webpage-

Brilliams!

Ownership

-CFA: South Beach Sharks

-NCFA: 2007 Beantown Bowl Champions; BNE Co-Champions

Awesome, awesome, awesome! This concept has come so far and I'm loving the direction it's heading in right now. I agree with gamecock that the mane is too wide on our right side. The only other thing that bothers me is the eye still. I don't know, it needs be fiercer to match what you've done with his mouth and teeth. Great work, keep it going!

A few of your black detail lines in his mane are squared off and look sloppy....and some others are too small(shading).

Yeah, I don't know why some are squared off. I used illustrator and I just used the stroke for the outline, and some edges were sharp and some weren't. I might have to actually draw the outline separate. I will work on that.

MegatronSig2.jpg

something about it isn't getting the job done.....and I think it is the mane on his left side, or our right....it is way to wide for the head's angle. A few of your black detail lines in his mane are squared off and look sloppy....and some others are too small(shading). It has come far from its start, but it still needs work.

Hey GameCock, Do you know of any ways I can fix that? I tried, but couldn't figure out how. I am pretty new to illustrator and only know the basics. I tried to draw the outline, instead of using stroke, but that made it worse, so I stopped. If you, or anybody else can help, please tell me how.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Hey GameCock, Do you know of any ways I can fix that? I tried, but couldn't figure out how. I am pretty new to illustrator and only know the basics. I tried to draw the outline, instead of using stroke, but that made it worse, so I stopped. If you, or anybody else can help, please tell me how.

Use path / offset path, making an adjustment to compensate for the points on the mane.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

since i dont have time or good software i did the best i could on what you should do

untitled222.gif

edit it up a bit & your good to go

I think you took off too much on the one side, but I see where you're going.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Archived