Detroit Lions logo concept

-(dp)-

Define the jaw more, look at the pics i posted earlier. The Lions jaw isn't defined in yours and for some reason the nose and upper lip part looks odd like they are angled to look this way but the rest of his head is just showing a right profile, get what i'm sayin?

Your making major strides with this.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with the C+C regarding the mane on the right side, just to make the perspectives more consistent.

I also liked the idea of using the solid black (shut?) eye as a stylized fierce look, but I think it would only work if you made it more horizontal, or even make the left side a little higher than the right to give it an angrier look. When it's angled like this, it looks like he's stoned.

thelions8.gif

Nice work overall, though. Seeing the overall transition is impressive.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I like the one with the eyes open, personally. I agree that the mane needs to be curtailed a bit on the right side, but not as drastically as what the other poster did. I also agree that you might need a little bit thicker outline on the teeth. Looking great though!

I couldn't get the mane to look right, so I only moved it over a little bit. here it is:

thelions9-1.gif

For me, this version is already better than the Jacksonville Jaguars logo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I couldn't get the mane to look right, so I only moved it over a little bit. here it is:

thelions9-1.gif

For me, this version is already better than the Jacksonville Jaguars logo.

I would not go that far..........many people use the jaguars logo as a base to develop cat logos. The jaguars is easily one of the best out there along with cinci.

Untitled-3.gif

-s82.designs.webpage-

Brilliams!

Ownership

-CFA: South Beach Sharks

-NCFA: 2007 Beantown Bowl Champions; BNE Co-Champions

I agree with the C+C regarding the mane on the right side, just to make the perspectives more consistent.

I also liked the idea of using the solid black (shut?) eye as a stylized fierce look, but I think it would only work if you made it more horizontal, or even make the left side a little higher than the right to give it an angrier look.  When it's angled like this, it looks like he's stoned.

thelions8.gif

Nice work overall, though.  Seeing the overall transition is impressive.

All he needs now is a microphone. (He looks like he's singing.)

:P

It still looks like C.C. Deville in his heyday.

Think angles. If you looks at a feline's face (doesn't matter what species), females have rounder faces, males have angular faces. Stylelize it by giving it some angles.

Hey I'm new here but I have enjoyed watching the evolution of your logo (I wish I were as talented as you). My suggestion is the same as another one you've had. I think that there is too much mane on the right side of the face. It needs to be much more prominent on the left side and very little on the right. Also maybe darken up the colors a bit more or make the grey look more like a shiny silver. The colors are just a tad to cartoonish. Overall though you are a talented graphic designer and if you keep it up you could make a living with this sort of thing.

Just too help clear up why the mane should be shifted. The problem is the mane looks like you are facing the lion head on, but the lion is looking to the right and not straight. So the mane shouldn't be facing straight at you. Hope that helps.

Ok, when you get angry and make your eye brows slant down, do you notice how you have a sort of a "w" thing going inbetween your eyebrows?

Yeah, your missing that in your lions logo, you need to add more definition...its soo damn close to being done.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Archived