Detroit Lions logo concept

-(dp)-

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is looking SO much better. I like the teeth, but the eye still looks like it needs to be more ferocious. I'm sure if you work at it for a while, you can come up with something that stands out more and shows more emotion.

Gawl, that's so much better. I'd still lose some of the in-between gray colors and go with the bigger, more lion-like, nose, and probably simplify the mane, but this has gone from clunky to respectable in no time.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Okay, I made some of the changes tempest suggested. Tell me what you think.

lionshead3.png

Looks VERY GOOD! The only thing I'd suggest is to lower the shadow on the left (the sideburn looking thing) so that it comes almost straight down, like a jaw bone

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

• 2 years later...

Sorry to bring such an old topic back up, but here is another update. I noticed BrandNstudios having an issue with his panthers logo that I remembered having with this logo. After seeing that, I decided to come back and look at this thread. There were still a ton of things wrong with even that latest update, IMO, which inspired me to work on it again. He still looked bored and motionless, and the mane was way too detailed, among other problems. I tried to fix all of those, and I think it is much better, but still far from perfect, so any comments and criticism you guys have would help. Thanks!

LionsLogo12109.png

MegatronSig2.jpg

I would also think about adding a tongue. Right now his mouth reads as a large flat spot. I would also try opening the mouth more. That might be part of why he looks bored, considering he's giving half a yawn and his eyes lack ferocity.

Oh man. You have improved immensely since the first post. The only thing that bugs me us the bottom of the mane, and how there's no detail. Great work, though.

Sweet jesus, he is right. just read through the entire thing, its unbelievable. inspiring stuff right here

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I actually remember that first Lion post...and had to check back to make sure it was the same person that updated it. Geez, that is one HELL of an update!

Having said that, though...do you have an idea of exactly what it is you want the lion to do? I ask because right now it's just kinda there. Generally, when I think of lions, it's either one of two ways: either in a regal sense (being that lions have long been synonymous with royalty), or in straight-up attack mode i.e. roaring beast. If you can figure out whether you want to go for a regal or roaring feel, I think it'd probably help out a lot.

But still...I can't get over just how much of a quantum jump your update made from the previous posting...wow.

(And, I'll repeat something I mentioned in BrandN's thread: if this kind of stuff is what we have to look forward to up in here, I'd say the Concepts section will be in very good hands for a good long while.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I actually remember that first Lion post...and had to check back to make sure it was the same person that updated it. Geez, that is one HELL of an update!

Having said that, though...do you have an idea of exactly what it is you want the lion to do? I ask because right now it's just kinda there. Generally, when I think of lions, it's either one of two ways: either in a regal sense (being that lions have long been synonymous with royalty), or in straight-up attack mode i.e. roaring beast. If you can figure out whether you want to go for a regal or roaring feel, I think it'd probably help out a lot.

But still...I can't get over just how much of a quantum jump your update made from the previous posting...wow.

(And, I'll repeat something I mentioned in BrandN's thread: if this kind of stuff is what we have to look forward to up in here, I'd say the Concepts section will be in very good hands for a good long while.)

I was definitely going for more of an aggressive look (maybe not with the very first version ^_^ ), and yeah, I think it can definitely be pushed further in that direction. I will try to work on that some more.

And yeah, I can't believe that first version was done over three years ago. And further, I can't believe I actually posted that thing! :blink: But I have the people here to thank for helping me improve this, and my design skills as a whole.

MegatronSig2.jpg

He's making some noise, possibly trying to speak... but he ain't roarin.

Roaring,%20African%20Lion.jpg

roaring_lion_000.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Sorry to bring such an old topic back up, but here is another update. I noticed BrandNstudios having an issue with his panthers logo that I remembered having with this logo. After seeing that, I decided to come back and look at this thread. There were still a ton of things wrong with even that latest update, IMO, which inspired me to work on it again. He still looked bored and motionless, and the mane was way too detailed, among other problems. I tried to fix all of those, and I think it is much better, but still far from perfect, so any comments and criticism you guys have would help. Thanks!

LionsLogo12109.png

I must say, I've been following the evolution of your design, starting with, what I thought resembled a Pokemon, to the design on a helmet! Well done!

"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin

Okay, another update... I was messing around trying to draw a lion at this same angle, hoping I could figure out more ways to improve this one. What I drew looked more realistic to me, proportionately, and looked to be roaring, or at least more than this one. I did a lot more work on the face, while keeping the mane and ear mostly the same, other than more honolulu in the mane. Each update makes me wonder how I missed certain things about the previous version, and I think I still have a good amount of room for improvement on this one, so your input is appreciated.

LionsLogo12809.png

MegatronSig2.jpg

Anyway you think you can make a LIONS wordmark appear in the Mane in Honolulu blue only if your looking for it. I already see an L and an I in the original Mane, maybe changing what you added can sneak it in there.

Kinda like the MB Brewers Ball in Glove logo.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Best update yet. This cats got some energy now. I think the eye is too open... he kinda looks a little psycho. Looks in the pictures like lions squint when they roar so u might want to close the eye a little

The brow looks a little out of line with the angle of the snout. also, it seems like lions jaw opens top and bottom to roar, whereas your lion seems to only drop the bottom jaw.

for the mane, I think it looked better with less of the light blue. Its drawing attention away from the face. also, just zig-zagged across isnt really serving much purpose, it would be nice if the light blue was highlighting some shadows in the mane. The way you have the "bangs" is kind of what I mean.

Theres also something not quite right with the ear but I cant put my finger on it.

overall an amazing concept and so much fun and rewarding experience following this concept from start to finish. well done.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Archived