Detroit Lions logo concept

-(dp)-

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Creamsoda, care to elaborate? I am not saying you are wrong, but if you are going to say it is wrong, could you tell me why? Goforbroke, as far as the upper part of the mouth not opening so far, think of this as more of an 'attacking' pose, rather than a 'roaring' pose. Here is another update. I made the eye a little less open, as well as cut down the number of separate shapes within the mane. I also added a wordmark this time, which I am not completely sold on yet. I tried to get a little bit of the 'circus' look from the old wordmark, while making sure it fit with this logo. I didn't especially want it to have the points on the side like the old one. Since I have a wordmark now, I did a quick field using the logos as well. As usual, C+C is appreciated.

LionsLogo121009.png

LionsLogo121009b.png

LionsFieldConcept.png

MegatronSig2.jpg

Ok,

If you look at him from this angle, the front part of his snout would be higher and the then get lower the further away you look.

Basically, the snout should slant the other direction.

Right now it goes '/' while it should be going '\'

its not a huge slant,

like this Lion:

Lion2BAR0602_800x626.jpg

Better but its still off.

The distance from the closer eye to the mouth is shorter than the distance from the further eye to the mouth,

that should be the opposite.

basically you need to move the closer eye back to create a longer snout on that side...

The distance from the closer eye to the mouth is shorter than the distance from the further eye to the mouth,

In that case I should tilt it back the other way, right? It sounds like you are suggesting the opposite of what you did before, or I am just not understanding what you are saying.

MegatronSig2.jpg

In that case I should tilt it back the other way, right? It sounds like you are suggesting the opposite of what you did before, or I am just not understanding what you are saying.

no, it just goes with what I was saying earlier.

Objects closer to you in this perspective would be higher then the objects futher away.

The closer eye needs to be above the farther eye, just like with the mouth.

Take the pic of a lion i posted, then draw a horizontal line over from the bottom of his closer eye, you will see it is above the other eye.

That is not the case with yours, creating a shorter snout on the side that is closest to you, which is backwards for proper perspective.

Just remember that everything closer to you will be bigger than anything further away.

Alright, thanks. I changed that, and I think it made a big difference. Before, I couldn't get the eye to look right, they looked either too far apart or too close together no matter where I put them. I think the placement seems better now that I fixed the placement of the far eye. Thanks for clarifying, Creamsoda. Here is the latest version. The only things changed were the eyes/surrounding area. More comments would REALLY be appreciated. There seem to be only one or two after each update now.

LionsLogo121109.png

LionsHelmet-1.png

MegatronSig2.jpg

have you tried changing all the dark blue area to the normal lions' blue, and changing the lighter accent colors to silver? i think that might look great

EDIT:

like this

8pjrnpeg.png?t=1260591468

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Yeah, I thought about it, but the silver highlights in the blue mane seem odd, and also seems to draw some attention away from the face. That is pretty much the only way to get rid of the third color, though.

yeah i def agree...i just thought it made it look more detroit lionsey:)

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

LionsHelmet-1.png

i have a technical suggestion. On a grey helmet I think the grey face gets lost and the attention goes to the mane instead of the face. I'd like to see it on a blue helmet and give the logo a white or silver stroke. That way the contract is helmet-face instead of helmet-mane.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Archived