All-American Football Association

rock55choc

I never thaugh about a team in OKC, that actually would be a good idea, with the Hornets there I believe we could create a good fan base. I think that is a good idea....we take the California team an base them in LA with a new name. Then change the San Fran name to the Bay Area Cyber____. Thats just my idea, we could use a team in OKC but the divison would be wierd.

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 CCs:

1) Try to have team names that reflect something about their area. For instance, Arizona Scorpions is good, because scorpions actually live there, but it's tough to see fans buying into the concept of Lasers in the ATL, Barons in Baltimore, Prowlers in Pittsburgh, etc. These teams sound like they're in the NBDL.

2) Lose the singular nicknames and the misspellings. Again, too Arena/NBDL.

Otherwise, great job... most of these are really creative!

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I think we should use a California CyberChips, I will continue to think about that.  Now I think the California team should be based in LA, but take the team out of San Fran and move them to a place in Utah or maybe Idaho, Boise?
SabreGuy  Posted on Monday, June 26th, 2006 - 14:08:38

Is it wrong that the first thing I thought was "Jeeze, Buffalo gets the shaft again. Can't even get a fantasy team!"

You could appease everybody by moving the San Francisco/Cali team to Buffalo...

Now playing, the Buffalo Chips!

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

DOM :

With the addition of the OKC franchise it became necessary to expand the league by one team in each division. This will create a total of 6 new teams, upping the association total from 24 to 30. Here are my ideas, with room for your opinion on some of them.

Northwest expansion - Portland

Mid American expansion - Oklahoma City

Southeast expansion - either Birmingham or Nashville - your thoughts ??

Northeast expansion - Hartford or New Jersey or Buffalo possibly - ideas??

Midwest expansion - Indianapolis

Southwest expansion - San Antonio

The divisions would remain the same as I originally proposed, but you are welcome to offer a revision after the expansion. Please offer your ideas for team names for these new franchises. Also, after some careful consideration I have decided to drop the Colonels name from Carolina due to the Civil War connotation. Also see if you can think of something fitting for Carolina. I will work on idea this evening and come back to post later on tonite, hopefully. Hope you like the proposals, Dom.

LibertyBowl.png

Whitedawg:

I'll give you credit that the Baltimore team name could use some work. BUT, I think the Prowlers in Pittsburgh is rather appropriate. I used it as a spin-off of the city's university mascot, the Panthers. And well, panthers prowl. So I think its is fitting.

LibertyBowl.png

Hey rock55choc, I agree with you on the team in San Francisco becoming the "Bay Area CyberChips".

Also, the nickname of Boston's team, the "Brigade", is spelled incorrectly as "Birgade". As for the expansion, I would go with Birmingham for the Southeast and Hartford for the Northeast. And for Carolina, I would name them the "Vipers".

YOZXkBG.png?1

Rock55choc:

Great proposals, I like the idea of expansion, which allows the league to look more Professional, (NFL: 32, MLB: 31). Here are my ideas for the new teams.

Northwest expansion - Portland Pelicans, Portland Pacific, Portland Pumas

Mid American expansion - Oklahoma City Roadrunners

Southeast expansion - Nashville Notes, Nashville Nemesis

Northeast expansion - New Jersey Havoc, New Jersey Nemesis, New Jersey Dreams

Midwest expansion - Indianapolis Kernals, Indiana Impact

Southwest expansion - San Antonio Copperheads, San Antonio Alamo

I make another post with a revised team list in an hour or so, my wife is taking me to dinner tonight.

teams.gif

Northwest

Seattle Surge

Bay Area Cyberchips

Portland Pumas

LA Lancers

(Another Expansion)

Southeast

Tampa Bay Waves

Miami Sting

Georgia Scorch

Carolina Cobras

Nashville Notes

Mid-American

St. Louis Sky

Milwaukee Wildcats

Colorado Explorers

Kansas City Express

Oklahoma City Roadrunners

CONTINENTAL CONFERENCE

Northeast

New York Pride

Boston Brigade

Philadelphia Freedom

Pittsburgh Prowlers

New Jersey Nemesis

Southwest

Arizona Scorpions

Dallas Stampede

Salt Lake Steelheads

Houston Havoc

Las Vegas Jackpot

(3 teams in one state?) Not going to work

Northern

Chicago Cyclones

Minnesota Lumberjacks

Cleveland Commanders

Detroit Doom

Indiana Impact

Revised Copy, some teams worked, others didn't. Because of the problem of having a Colorado team in a Northwest Divison didn't make sense. So we need another expansion up north.

Canidates:

Boise, ID

Honolulu, Hawaii

Spokane, WA

teams.gif

I like the set-up. I would only make very minor changes.

First, we can add Boise to the Northwest division. We should both start brewing up some team name ides.

Second. I see no reason why 3 teams in the Southwest division would not work. It seems to work perfectly fine in the NBA's Southwest division with Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio. Thus, SA needs a team name.

Third, I realized you had contracted the Baltimore franchise. I really would prefer the Maryland area to have a team. We can simply do away with the Nashville club. I ditched the team name of Baltimore Barons and thought Baltimore Thoroughbreds sounded much more appropriate.

I really dig your idea of the New Jersey Nemesis. Thought name sounds awesome. Take that idea and run with it. I would think their team colors would for sure include black.

So all we now have left to do is think of team names for Boise and San Antonio, as well as make a final decision on the names for Indiana, Carolina, Oklahoma City, and Portland.

After this, I believe our next step would be to start assigning team colors to the franchises.

Ah, PS, the sport ... It's the AAFA - All American Football Association.

LibertyBowl.png

Ok sounds good, here is my plan, Boise Breakers or Boise Big Horns, San Antonio Alamo. Thus, ditch the Salt Lake franchise and they I say we have a league. Post the new set up and then we will design logos and such.

teams.gif

My League Idea: the North American Pro Football Assn. (NAPFA). Some of the nicknames are revivals of defunct team names. How would you guys rate these names on the scale of 1-10?

Arizona Outlaws

Atlanta Firebirds

Boston Brigade

Brooklyn Knights (originally the Brooklyn FB Cyclones - just like there used to be a St. Louis FB Cards - but was asked change it)

Buffalo Wings

Chicago Crusaders

Cincinnati River Rats

Cleveland Rockers

Dallas Rustlers

Denver Blizzard

Detroit Mechanics

Houston Drillers

Kansas City Twisters

Los Angeles Coyotes

Miami Barracudas

Milwaukee Jacks (short for Lumberjacks, just a cheap way to reach out to today's youth)

Minnesota Marauders (possible minor league afilliation w/ Vikes)

New York Gargoyles

Philadelphia Sentinels

Pittsburgh Maulers

Portland Timberwolves

St. Louis Redhawks

San Francisco Seals

Seattle Bigfoot

St. Louis Stampede

Tampa Bay Tigersharks

Tennessee Pioneers

Washington Presidents

Here are my ideas for the possible home fields these teams would play in (mostly in college football stadiums):

Arizona Outlaws - Cardinals Stadium (Glendale)?, Sun Devil Stadium (Arizona State Univ. -- Tempe), Arizona Stadium (Univ. of Arizona -- Tucson)

Atlanta Firebirds - Bobby Dodd Stadium (Georgia Tech), Sanford Stadium (Univ. of Georgia -- Athens, Ga.)

Boston Brigade - Nickerson Field (Boston U.), Alumni Stadium (Boston College -- Chestnut Hill, Mass.), Harvard Stadium (Harvard Univ. -- Cambridge, Mass.)

Brooklyn Knights - unknown

Buffalo Wings - University at Buffalo Stadium

Chicago Crusaders - Soldier Field?, Toyota Park (Bridgeview, Ill.)?

Cincinnati River Rats - Nippert Stadium (Univ. of Cincinnati)

Cleveland Rockers - Cleveland Browns Stadium?, Rubber Bowl (Akron), Fawcett Stadium (Canton, Ohio), Dix Stadium (Kent State Univ. -- Kent, Oho)

Dallas Rustlers - Cotton Bowl, Gerald J. Ford Stadium (SMU), Amon G. Carter Stadium (TCU -- Fort Worth), Pizza Hut Park (Frisco, Tex.)

Denver Blizzard - Folsom Field (Univ. of Colorado -- Boulder, CO), Hughes Stadium (Colorado St. Univ. -- Fort Collins, Colo.)

Detroit Mechanics - Ford Field?, Silverdome (Pontiac, Mich.)?, Michigan Stadium (University of Michigan -- Ann Arbor, Mich.), Rynearson Stadium (Eastern Michigan Univ. -- Ypsilanti, Mich.)

Houston Drillers - Rice Stadium (Rice Univ.), Robertson Stadium (Univ. of Houston)

Kansas City Twisters - Arrowhead Stadium?, Memorial Stadium (Univ. of Kansas -- Lawrence, Kan.)

Los Angeles Coyotes - L.A. Memorial Coliseum, Rose Bowl (Pasadena, Calif.), Home Depot Center (Carson, Calif.)

Miami Barracudas - Miami Orange Bowl, FIU Stadium (Florida International Univ.)

Milwaukee Jacks - unknown (possibly Horlick Field -- Racine, Wis., or UW-Whitewater's Perkins Stadium -- Whitewater, Wis.)

Minnesota Marauders - Blakeslee Stadium (Minnesota State Univ.-Mankato -- Mankato, Minn.)

New York Gargoyles - Lawrence A. Wien Stadium (Columbia Univ.)

Philadelphia Sentinels - Franklin Field (Univ. of Pennsylvania), Villanova Stadium (Villanova, Penn.)

Pittsburgh Maulers - Heinz Field?, Mountaineer Field at Milan Puskar Stadium (West Virginia Univ. -- Morgantown, W.Va.)

Portland Timberwolves - PGE Park

St. Louis Redhawks - Edward Jones Dome?

San Francisco Seals - Monster Park?, Kezar Stadium (trust me: it's still there, only scaled down), New Stanford Stadium (Stanford Univ. -- Stanford, Calif.)

Seattle Bigfoot - Husky Stadium (Univ. of Washington)

St. Louis Stampede - Edward Jones Dome?

Tampa Bay Tigersharks - Raymond James Stadium?

Tennessee Pioneers - Neyland Stadium (Univ. of Tennessee -- Knoxville), Vanderbilt Stadium (Vanderbilt Univ. -- Nashville), Finley Stadium (UT-Chattanooga -- Chattanooga)

Washington Presidents - RFK Stadium?, FedExField (Landover, MD)?, Byrd Stadium (Univ. of Maryland -- College Park, Md.)

Couldn't find a possible stadium for the Brooklyn Knights. Also, I'm unsure about the stadiums for the Chicago Crusaders, the two teams in St. Louis (the Redhawks & the Stampede), and the Tampa Bay Tigersharks. I might as well move the Tigersharks to Orlando and the Knights to Long Island. I may also move one of the teams in St. Louis to Little Rock, Ark., and the other to Memphis, Tenn.

YOZXkBG.png?1

Here are my ideas for the possible home fields these teams would play in (mostly in college football stadiums):

Arizona Outlaws - Cardinals Stadium (Glendale)?, Sun Devil Stadium (Arizona State Univ. -- Tempe), Arizona Stadium (Univ. of Arizona -- Tucson)

Atlanta Firebirds - Bobby Dodd Stadium (Georgia Tech), Sanford Stadium (Univ. of Georgia -- Athens, Ga.)

Boston Brigade - Nickerson Field (Boston U.), Alumni Stadium (Boston College -- Chestnut Hill, Mass.), Harvard Stadium (Harvard Univ. -- Cambridge, Mass.)

Brooklyn Knights - unknown

Buffalo Wings - University at Buffalo Stadium

Chicago Crusaders - Soldier Field?, Toyota Park (Bridgeview, Ill.)?

Cincinnati River Rats - Nippert Stadium (Univ. of Cincinnati)

Cleveland Rockers - Cleveland Browns Stadium?, Rubber Bowl (Akron), Fawcett Stadium (Canton, Ohio), Dix Stadium (Kent State Univ. -- Kent, Oho)

Dallas Rustlers - Cotton Bowl, Gerald J. Ford Stadium (SMU), Amon G. Carter Stadium (TCU -- Fort Worth), Pizza Hut Park (Frisco, Tex.)

Denver Blizzard - Folsom Field (Univ. of Colorado -- Boulder, CO), Hughes Stadium (Colorado St. Univ. -- Fort Collins, Colo.)

Detroit Mechanics - Ford Field?, Silverdome (Pontiac, Mich.)?, Michigan Stadium (University of Michigan -- Ann Arbor, Mich.), Rynearson Stadium (Eastern Michigan Univ. -- Ypsilanti, Mich.)

Houston Drillers - Rice Stadium (Rice Univ.), Robertson Stadium (Univ. of Houston)

Kansas City Twisters - Arrowhead Stadium?, Memorial Stadium (Univ. of Kansas -- Lawrence, Kan.)

Los Angeles Coyotes - L.A. Memorial Coliseum, Rose Bowl (Pasadena, Calif.), Home Depot Center (Carson, Calif.)

Miami Barracudas - Miami Orange Bowl, FIU Stadium (Florida International Univ.)

Milwaukee Jacks - unknown (possibly Horlick Field -- Racine, Wis., or UW-Whitewater's Perkins Stadium -- Whitewater, Wis.)

Minnesota Marauders - Blakeslee Stadium (Minnesota State Univ.-Mankato -- Mankato, Minn.)

New York Gargoyles - Lawrence A. Wien Stadium (Columbia Univ.)

Philadelphia Sentinels - Franklin Field (Univ. of Pennsylvania), Villanova Stadium (Villanova, Penn.)

Pittsburgh Maulers - Heinz Field?, Mountaineer Field at Milan Puskar Stadium (West Virginia Univ. -- Morgantown, W.Va.)

Portland Timberwolves - PGE Park

St. Louis Redhawks - Edward Jones Dome?

San Francisco Seals - Monster Park?, Kezar Stadium (trust me: it's still there, only scaled down), New Stanford Stadium (Stanford Univ. -- Stanford, Calif.)

Seattle Bigfoot - Husky Stadium (Univ. of Washington)

St. Louis Stampede - Edward Jones Dome?

Tampa Bay Tigersharks - Raymond James Stadium?

Tennessee Pioneers - Neyland Stadium (Univ. of Tennessee -- Knoxville), Vanderbilt Stadium (Vanderbilt Univ. -- Nashville), Finley Stadium (UT-Chattanooga -- Chattanooga)

Washington Presidents - RFK Stadium?, FedExField (Landover, MD)?, Byrd Stadium (Univ. of Maryland -- College Park, Md.)

Couldn't find a possible stadium for the Brooklyn Knights. Also, I'm unsure about the stadiums for the Chicago Crusaders, the two teams in St. Louis (the Redhawks & the Stampede), and the Tampa Bay Tigersharks. I might as well move the Tigersharks to Orlando and the Knights to Long Island. I may also move one of the teams in St. Louis to Little Rock, Ark., and the other to Memphis, Tenn.

I did bring along some solutions to what you couldn't find (some of these might not work):

-The Knights could use Keyspan Park (home of the Cyclones) with a temporary seating level for one of the sidelines (the way the Packers used to do for their Milwaukee games).

-The Tigersharks could use the Citrus Bowl with a few minor upgrades.

-STL Redhawks move to Albuquerque, change name to Roadrunners, Atoms or Copperheads and use the New Mexico Lobos' football stadium.

-STL Stampede move to Memphis, become the Kings, Mad Dogs or Blues, and use either the Liberty Bowl or Auto Zone Park.

-Rustlers can use Pizza Hut Park, and since it is smaller than Texas Stadium, you can still expect sellouts at every home game, even if they stink.

-I heard rumors that the Silverdome could end up being torn down, so 'til further notice, the Detroit franchise should settle for the historic Tiger Stadium, with a big refurbishment and a retractable roof upgrade.

-LA should play at the Home Depot Center.

In fact, some of the small stadiums have the advantage of being more family friendly than the big concrete mammoths used by the NFL.

Archived