Bobcats concept

patsox

Are you for real?

For one, it doesn't look the slightest bit intimidating. In fact, it looks lame - like the Bobcat has some kind of illness. Then there are lines everywhere, the colors are odd, the wordmark isn't even slanted in the same way as the quadrangle and there's awkward shading on the wordmark.

Try again.

Not to be too harsh, but... it looks like a rabid bunny that grew up on Three Mile Island.

In the words of Homer Simpson, "Symmetry, eh?".

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Are you for real?

For one, it doesn't look the slightest bit intimidating. In fact, it looks lame - like the Bobcat has some kind of illness. Then there are lines everywhere, the colors are odd, the wordmark isn't even slanted in the same way as the quadrangle and there's awkward shading on the wordmark.

Try again.

it also has one green eye, one blue eye... and random blue lines on one temple.

and what appears to be black lines on the nose.

doesn't really look like a bobcat. looks like a house cat.

i hate to be harsh, but this is just weird.

In all honesty, what I see here is a housecat with one blue contact lens, a couple scars on its forehead, a cigarette burn on its chin, and a deformed face after being punched in the side of its head.

That, and the wordmark looks like a three-year-old tried to color on it.

Wish I could be less blunt, but I really can't say anything else.

VmWIn6B.png

Just a note people, if you have to say: "I don't want to be rude/offending/stupid but.." you should just not post.

Personally, I think it's better than 99% of the stuff here. You're being original than posting some stupid "look at my new uniform for a team that's been around for 20 years!" post.

Congratulations.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Word of advice: look for some pictures of bobcats, and instead of starting the design process on the computer, do some sketches on paper first. Don't worry about getting it photorealistic or anything, just worry about representing the basic forms in black and white. Getting your design in order first is something you should do if you're just starting out with logo-making.

QPR%20Sig.png

Word of advice:  look for some pictures of bobcats, and instead of starting the design process on the computer, do some sketches on paper first.  Don't worry about getting it photorealistic or anything, just worry about representing the basic forms in black and white.  Getting your design in order first is something you should do if you're just starting out with logo-making.

If you want a sports logo to inspire you for the shape of a bobcat face, the Florida Bobcats of the Arena League would be a start. Their first logo wasn't a horrible attempt at a realistic bobcat face, and the second one was a decent stylization of the face.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Looks like roadkill. But if you work at it more, you could get it to be the way your seeing it in your head.

Sometimes idea and hand don't co-operate and you end up with what you have up at top. Learn what you need to learn to get the same image you have in your head translated to the computer or draw it out on paper and scan it.

I am sure some of the nice guys on here will be able to vectorize it for you.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Just a note people, if you have to say: "I don't want to be rude/offending/stupid but.." you should just not post.

Personally, I think it's better than 99% of the stuff here. You're being original than posting some stupid "look at my new uniform for a team that's been around for 20 years!" post.

Congratulations.

It's fine to criticize certain comments, but don't blow sunshine up the kid's *ss.

Personally, I think it's better than 99% of the stuff here. -- Really? Who's being disingenuous now? Even Patsox knows it looks like a cat run over on the highway. That's why he's asking for help. Too much praise is even more of a problem on this board than empty criticism.

Props to Moser for giving the best advice. And props to Patsox for posting in the first place. It takes guts to open yourself up to criticism. He didn't take the safe route by just recoloring a logo or uniform for his first concept. What's sad is there isn't more input from the graphics professionals that are members of this board. Maybe the best advice is to head over to the Brilliams! board and get their input.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Congratulations.

99% is a stretch. a HUGE stretch. no, its not that great, the cat looks really messed up and the head is really strange looking, also too complex, but yes, it's more creative than, like you said, people who just recreate jerseys with minimal changes.

my best advice is to not start on paper, rather go onto google images, find a good picture, and if youre using paint, just go over it or modify it a bit using colors of your choice. there, you already have a template tons better and a good idea of your final result.

99% is a stretch. a HUGE stretch. no, its not that great, the cat looks really messed up and the head is really strange looking, also too complex, but yes, it's more creative than, like you said, people who just recreate jerseys with minimal changes.

my best advice is to not start on paper, rather go onto google images, find a good picture, and if youre using paint, just go over it or modify it a bit using colors of your choice. there, you already have a template tons better and a good idea of your final result.

yeah ive been doing that lately, but it wouldve taken a lot of works and ayway I'm working on a better logo based on what i drew.

The first one: well, let's not go there again. What's been said has been said, and we'll move on.

As for bobcat 2.0, it's still not there yet, but you're moving in the right direction.

Bobcats' most distinguishing facial feature is the extended hairs on the sides of the face that form a "beard" and give the face a distinctive shape. Not using that contour on a bobcat drawing would be drawing a male lion without a mane - it just throws the whole thing off. To achieve this, you may need to rotate your perspective.

Other salient characteristics incude:

- pointier ears - they really taper to a point, where yours are rounded.

- thinner black stripes in the face - you've got the right idea with way too thick of a point.

- eyes that are more feline - and not wearing shades like your left concept, or overly caffeinated like your right concept.

- whiskers.

If you can't find good real photos of bobcats (Google Image Search has several and that was a cursory search), Ohio U. has a stylized bobcat that looks very good. Yours still is too much housecat, not enough bobcat. I've got a fever, and the only prescription is MORE BOBCAT.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived