Australian Football League Redesign 2007

Gazzzaf

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For a first up effort at AFL it is pretty good. I never did like the red and white hoops in the bulldogs jumper, and when they added the buldog logo to the front it improved, but not much. This new direction could work for them, and i really like the alternate. i think for most clubs a white alternate is the way to go, and this really does work for them. I think the Bulldog coming off the stripe on the shorts is a nice touch, and overall i cant really see anything wrong with this concept, apart from the fact the Diadora logo on the shorts should be below the AFL logo, but thats a very minimal thing. Great work Gazzzaf

artest.jpg

Home looks a bit too close to Melbourne.

I can't see them ever moving to a rounded band.

Also, the numbers usually sit higher up the jumper.

All up, AFL uniform designs are a very conservative thing, changing very infrequently.

Basically Footscray use the 1901 version which has only been changed in 1975 for colour TV (seperating the Red from the Blue.), and then a Bulldog plonked on the front in 1997.

Therefore, as a footy guy, I just don't like the changes.

PS Gazza. Nice template though. And if you'd like the vector images of the club logos for the rest of the project, you can PM me.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

a shame AFL shorts all have to look the same (aside from color differences), because these shorts are a marked improvement. though as mero mentioned the numbers are usually higher up, and the home looks a little too similar to the Demons, I think these could work. yeah, these grew on me real fast, I like em. Send this man to Denver :D

can't wait to see what you do with Adelaide and Port (anything would be an improvement after the Crows ruined their homes)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Here are some revised Bulldogs designs taking into account some of your comments though keeping the main aspects:

westernbulldogs0_20060618_645623284.gif

westernbulldogs1_20060618_813611053.gif

Thanks to rmered for the Bulldogs logo and numbers.

sig.png

Nice jerseys...you sure love your wordmark all over those designs eh?

He['s not being narcissistic, he's being smart. It's a water mark to prevent theft of his work.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Here's Carlton F.C. - Not too many changes here, the main one being the introduction of sleeve piping to break up the blue and introduce a third colour that is also used in the alt.

carltonfc1_20060619_784294812.gif

carltonfc0_20060619_432509815.gif

sig.png

Here are the Hawthorn Hawks - Again, very little change to the Primary design. I took a stripe out and switched brown with gold. The Secondary design incorporates the Hawk logo as well as incorporating side panels that fit in nicely with the shorts. The numbers are courtesy of Primal and the Logo from Rmered.

hawthornhawks0_20060620_808753037.gif

hawthornhawks1_20060620_473684237.gif

sig.png

Here are the West Coast Eagles - I took their two traditional designs and modernised them. I understand they might not be popular with traditionalists but the team is only 20 years old so only a little history is compromised.

westcoasteagles1_20060621_13478492.gif

westcoasteagles0_20060621_-382711216.gif

Numbers courtesy of Primal, logo from rmered.

sig.png

For West Coast I think you should either have the Dark Blue of the Eagles head as the blue for the uniform or make the Eagles head light blue instead of Dark.

temp.png

Buffalo Sabres Hockey Est.1970

I like the Eagles jumpers as is.

It's the logo that's now wrong, those are the Eagles colours, and while they tried to change them surreptitiously a few years back, that's what they should stay in.

Hawthorn Away looks good too. Though you could drop the logo over the breast as they only had that for a few seasons and it's gone from this season on.

Any reason these 3 most recent versions all have White shorts at home?

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I hate that Hawthorn home...you don't need the white numberplate, really. ditch that and you're...um, golden :D

West Coast...heh, gimme a day or two. I figure this would have to grow on me.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

At the very least simplify the colouring of the Eagles logo down to blue and gold.

Making the lower part of the side panels all white instead of just having the orphaned white stripes might be an improvement...

I was tossing up whether to change the logo's colours so the above opinions have tilted the scales in favour of that. I looked into making the panels on the sides white but it looked a little strange and inconsistent on the back. Plus I was aiming at using white as an accent in the Eagles case. I'll probably change their home shorts to blue. There were two reasons for the white shorts featuring so much so far: 1. I've been lazy when it comes to shorts and socks of late and 2. I like white shorts, I have no idea why.

The Hawks will get a minor fix as well and I am hoping to get the Kangaroos up for critiquing very soon.

sig.png

Archived