Worst NFL Logos

TrueYankee26

i say green bay say a gay logo it is just a green g and the g stands for gay

wow, the "G" standing for gay? wow!!!! did u come up wit that urself?! omg, its like ive never heard that before, real mature buddy, go swallow a knife

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i say green bay say a gay logo it is just a green g and the g stands for gay

wow, the "G" standing for gay? wow!!!! did u come up wit that urself?! omg, its like ive never heard that before, real mature buddy, go swallow a knife

As of right now, I think the Baltimore Ravens have the worst LOGO, COLOR SCHEME and JERSEYS in the NFL

AGREED.....except for the color scheme

Black, purple, and gold are a great color set. Its just that the Ravens don't utilize them very well.

I wish they would use the swooping raven alt logo on the helmets.

You know, as I sit here thinking about it... it's probably better to ask "who has a GOOD logo in the NFL?" I don't know that I can think of any.

I guess I like the Bears "C" (but not the teddy bear) and the Packers "G." Ummm... I'm thinking that's about it. Maybe the Redskins and Cowboys aren't awful.

I did like the old Patriots logo (the center in revolutionary-era dress). What makes that painful to say, though, is that my team (the Bills) have never in their history had a halfway decent logo. Even the old red "standing buffalo" was, I think, hideous.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

You know, as I sit here thinking about it... it's probably better to ask "who has a GOOD logo in the NFL?" I don't know that I can think of any.

I guess I like the Bears "C" (but not the teddy bear) and the Packers "G." Ummm... I'm thinking that's about it. Maybe the Redskins and Cowboys aren't awful.

I did like the old Patriots logo (the center in revolutionary-era dress). What makes that painful to say, though, is that my team (the Bills) have never in their history had a halfway decent logo. Even the old red "standing buffalo" was, I think, hideous.

Five "Good" NFL logos:

169.gif

157.gif

162.gif

152.gif

156.gif

Oh, good call on the Chiefs. I definitely do love that one.

Edit: The Jets I could take or leave.

As "classic" as the Steelers logo is, it's from (I believe) a steel "mark" created by U.S. Steel, so... a corporate logo... and I just CAN'T get behind using a corporate logo for a football team's logo. What's next? San Antonio Swooshes?

And for the Texans... I'll just politely dissagree lest I start to rant.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Oh, good call on the Chiefs. I definitely do love that one.

Edit: The Jets I could take or leave.

As "classic" as the Steelers logo is, it's from (I believe) a steel "mark" created by U.S. Steel, so... a corporate logo... and I just CAN'T get behind using a corporate logo for a football team's logo. What's next? San Antonio Swooshes?

To me thats always the Steelers logo

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

The only thing good about the Jets logo is that Joe Namath's team won a Super Bowl wearing that logo.

If that logo were introduced today, it would be regarded as horrible by many of you who say it's a great logo.

Admit it, folks. The Jets logo, despite its tradition, is a cluttered mess. It's the worst in the NFL.

The only thing good about the Jets logo is that Joe Namath's team won a Super Bowl wearing that logo.

If that logo were introduced today, it would be regarded as horrible by many of you who say it's a great logo.

Admit it, folks. The Jets logo, despite its tradition, is a cluttered mess. It's the worst in the NFL.

As much as i HATE the jets, I happen to love their jerseys and unis. I thought the previous ones were absolutely miserable and that color green was disgusting. I am the kind of person for flashy jerseys, that's why I was surprised to see myself likeing these. They are a simple 2-color uniform which looks great IMO. Too bad I can't buy a jersey.

I also am a big Jets hater but enjoy their uniform and logo set. It's not cluttered at all; it's an NY JETS with a little football... I don't see the clutter. As for the Steelers, it WAS the steel mark, like 50 years ago. I don't think steel uses it anymore. And the fact it's only on one side of their helmet makes it all the more cool. Texans isn't anythign special but it's simple and gets a few design elements across at once, I like it.

I might go as far to say that both New York teams have great classic looks that should be copied by more teams. The worst unis are the ones that try to hard to be different (like the Falcons, Cardinals, Bills) that they actually look like all of the other new crap thats being put out there on all levels from college to the pros.

When was the last time you saw a completely different new uniform style that looked real good and was an instant classic. I would say it was the Broncos other than that I'm stumped...

When was the last time you saw a completely different new uniform style that looked real good and was an instant classic. I would say it was the Broncos other than that I'm stumped...

The Texans come to mind.

this is hard to choose since theres so many bad logos my pick though has to be the titans. close runners up are the raiders, bengals, patriots, both new york teams and of course the browns.

The Raiders?Are you crazy man.The Raiders have one of the most classic and beautiful logos in the NFL.Plus it's simple.

Then I told that teacher lady the only three letters I need to know are U, S, and A.

WorstEver.gif

Quite possiby the worst logo ever.

I agree. Georgia can do much better...

How can UGA do better?I'm curious.In fact I think I might make a challenge of this on the requests board.

georgia_logo_2003.gif

How would they use an extremely busy logo like this on football helmet?

Then I told that teacher lady the only three letters I need to know are U, S, and A.

The Texans come to mind.

I like the Texan's logo, but I don't like how it looks on the helmet. It's not quite the right shape to fit nicely on a helmet. It's kind of like if the Vikings decided to put the norseman logo on the helmet. Thank god they stuck with the horns.

Jaguars and Panthers

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Oh, good call on the Chiefs.  I definitely do love that one.

Edit:  The Jets I could take or leave.

As "classic" as the Steelers logo is, it's from (I believe) a steel "mark" created by U.S. Steel, so... a corporate logo... and I just CAN'T get behind using a corporate logo for a football team's logo.  What's next?  San Antonio Swooshes?

To me thats always the Steelers logo

I also am a big Jets hater but enjoy their uniform and logo set. It's not cluttered at all; it's an NY JETS with a little football... I don't see the clutter. As for the Steelers, it WAS the steel mark, like 50 years ago. I don't think steel uses it anymore. And the fact it's only on one side of their helmet makes it all the more cool. Texans isn't anythign special but it's simple and gets a few design elements across at once, I like it.

About that Steelers logo...i've had several (HUNDRED) different people around this city tell me that actually was the logo of the old U.S. Steel Corporation--well, minus the "Steelers" wordmark. It represents the three things used to make steel: iron (yellow), fire (red), and cobalt (blue). The Steelers, way back in the day, adopted that logo, stuck the word "Steelers" in it, and it has been used ever since.

Now, as to why the logo is on only one side of the helmet, urban legend as it that back in the day (yet again), when the stickers were being affixed to the helmets, there weren't enough to go around for everyone to have two, so they stuck with one. Well, apparently, they liked it, and it's been that way ever since.

If there is one team in pro sports PERIOD that is as rooted in tradition and its heritage, as far as the team, the community its in, and the legacy of it all, its the Pittscurgh Steelers. That's what I've learned in the 9 months I've been living up here. And that...I can appreciate.

That said, I really don't think the Texans logo is all that bad--it just would have looked better to me on a white shell. The KC arrowhead is classic--just wish they could throw some yellow int here somewhere. The Jets logo does look a lil busy--I myself don't see why they don't use some caricature of a JET as a logo--unless... (This this is something I've always wanted to know, so forgive me for not knowing. Was that team was named for an actual plane? I read somewhere that nickname had some tie-in to NY opening LaGuardia Airport--any truth to that? Or did the team pull its name from the gang "Jets" from Westside Story? That story WAS set in MY, was it not? I'm just saying, you know, the team nickname "GANG Green" and all? I now that comes from the team being green--and white--but, still...just wondering...)

So, all that said, the primary for the Bengals is way too elementary for me (anyone can throw tiger-stripes inside a "B"). The Titans--I think the dagger version looks better than the flaming 3-star ball.

So there's my over-inflated tow rusted Lincolns.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived