Toronto Maple Leafs concept

rcb05

we need more people like you- those who arent braggars about how good they are, modest poeple, who do good work

i praise you sir, and welcome to the boards

i absoultey love the jersey design, but honestly id put the regular crest on there, just the opposite color leaf than the leaf thats behind the crest.

There's one huge problem, the colors equal each other.  Is it home or away, is it away or home?  You can't tell.  While it's a good idea, it could have been done much better.  Rethink it out and post it again.

This one is kind of like a concept car. It may not be practical, but it's inventive and shows off some unique styling. I say leave it as is.

WHY DOES EVERYONE LOVE THAT GOD AWFUL TML LOGO??? ITS FUGLY AND SHOULD ONLY EXIST ON A SHOULDER!

Shoulder? Get it off completly.

The concept is cool, I wouldn't mind it if it was used once or twice as a TATC jersey.

I like it a lot, but as was said, it would be hard to differentiate the home from the away.

Also, what happens when you get a player with a longer last name than Sundin (say, Ponikarovsky?) That name is going to look awkward bridging the two colors.

I'll say this. You've got guts to post this. I admire your work and your efforts. But the Leafs only need to replace the "Ballard leaf" with the one on the third jersey and dispose of the "TML" logo. Then they've got the perfect uniform. I've been a Leaf fan since before most of you gentle people were born, yes I'm verrrrrrrry old school.

GO LEAFS GO! :flagcanada:

There's one huge problem, the colors equal each other. Is it home or away, is it away or home? You can't tell. While it's a good idea, it could have been done much better. Rethink it out and post it again.

Doesn't confuse me. the body of the jersey tells you if it's home or away. Though, if you insist on the design, you go the route Nike does with Croatia.

_40096119_croatia270.jpg

Very nice!

While I share the same concern over whether this is a home or away sweater, there is a fairly easy solution that would eliminate any possible confusion.

1. Remove the silver outline from the present design.

2. Extend the leaf pattern all the way to the present, and widen the leaf just a little bit (to accommodate the longer surnames, as alluded to earlier as well).

3. Place a thickened silver outline around the leaf, 5 or 6 times thicker than the outline you have now.

4. Add thin white piping outside the silver tracing the contour of the large leaf.

5. Color the sleeves the same color as the body of the sweater.

The design is prominent in contrasting and metallic colors, and the borders of the design are thick enough to make the outline easily recgonizable. The sleeves now match the body of the sweater, so there wouldn't be any possible confusion (although several teams have contrast color sleeves with no issues like this). Longer player names would fit on the wider leaf, though Ponikarovsky may have to find himself a narrower font.

I'll PM you what I mean; I just did a quick mock-up, but I don't want to hijack the thread. This is your concept.

All that said, great idea, great execution. Bravo.

Archived