new raptors logo?

Carter23

Isn't that the Toronto Raptors' 10th anniversary logo?

I might be wrong, but it's hard to tell in not being able to see 100% clearly what the writing says on the ribbon portion of the logo.

That's what it is.

Save the slugalo.

You know, I don't think that's that bad of a logo, either with red or purple in the scheme. The maple leaf at the top accentuates it well. I hope they don't go to the basketball claw as their primary, though, because that logo's rather weak.

I guess we shall soon see the Raptors new identity. It would be more than perfect for them to present the 1st overall draft pic with the new jersey and logo modified hat in an effort to hopefully sell jerseys over the summer with that pics name on it as well as more Chris Bosh ones due to him signing a new contract in the coming weeks.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

that actually would make a great primary if you loose the mapleleaf add more red and or course loose the 10th anniversery part.

What does "loose the mapleleaf" mean? If I were the Raptors, as Canada's only remaining team, I wouldn't get rid of the maple leaf, if that's what you're referring to. They need to establish themselves as Canada's team and, from what I hear, that's what they're trying to do. Keeping any kind of maple leaf, however small, in their logo would help do that.

And there's no "and/or" about it, or even "loosening" it - they'd have to get rid of the 10th anniversary banner altogether for it to work. But they could also choose to go with the SuperSonics' mold and put Est. 1996 on the opposite ends of the ribbon. That could work as well and would be rather tasteful.

Isn't that the Toronto Raptors' 10th anniversary logo?

I might be wrong, but it's hard to tell in not being able to see 100% clearly what the writing says on the ribbon portion of the logo.

That's what it is.

It looks to me like it says "EST. [logo] 19XX"

that actually would make a great primary if you loose the mapleleaf add more red and or course loose the 10th anniversery part.

What does "loose the mapleleaf" mean? If I were the Raptors, as Canada's only remaining team, I wouldn't get rid of the maple leaf, if that's what you're referring to. They need to establish themselves as Canada's team and, from what I hear, that's what they're trying to do. Keeping any kind of maple leaf, however small, in their logo would help do that.

And there's no "and/or" about it, or even "loosening" it - they'd have to get rid of the 10th anniversary banner altogether for it to work. But they could also choose to go with the SuperSonics' mold and put Est. 1996 on the opposite ends of the ribbon. That could work as well and would be rather tasteful.

Yes, the Raptors SHOULD establish themselves as the only Canadian team in the NBA. It's a bit puzzling. They are incorporating more red, but they are getting rid of the TR with the maple leaf. If the Raptors put est. 1996 on anything, it would be wrong. They began play in the 1995-1996 season.

Personally, I think using a maple leaf is a tired, boring, trite thing to do. It looks pretty pathetic when every Canadian logo of any venture seems to have a maple leaf. I was proud of the Jays for ditching it.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Personally, I think using a maple leaf is a tired, boring, trite thing to do. It looks pretty pathetic when every Canadian logo of any venture seems to have a maple leaf. I was proud of the Jays for ditching it.

Yes, I agree... it is tired, boring and trite when every part of a group does the exact same thing.

;):P

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

And now the Jays just look like every other boring team out there, yet sans any national identity.

Archived