US Open is now over

buzzcut

Not to knock on Lefty but, here's something that is cruel but appropriate for what just happened at Winged Foot...An Amazing Kreskin joke:

Choke Job.

[opens envelope]What Phil Mickelson always does when he holds a lead at the U. S. Open.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

think about this. The Winner, Ogilvy finished at plus 5. That must be one bitchuva golf course.

Well what the USGA does is make 2 normal par 5's and call them a par 4 so the Over/Under par scores are inflated. Had it been called what it is a standard Par 72 tournament then he would have finished with a score of -3. Still for a 4 round tournament that is a high score and the Golf course was a bitch.

Thats why I love the US Open the USGA makes the golfer work hard and not with easy coruses where everyone is -10.

Exactly, Tank. This should be an extremely difficult course. It should humble the best players. At least I didn't hear too many players complaining about poor pin location like last year.

This year you had to make the shots. One bad shot and your round is finished. Think how much more competitive golf would be if more tournaments and courses were done this way.

Yeah, Mickleson blew it at the end, but it's not as bad as it could have been. Anyone could have blown it the way the course was. And he only had a two shot lead. People would probably say different things if he blew a 5 or 6 stroke lead.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Yeah, Mickleson blew it at the end, but it's not as bad as it could have been. Anyone could have blown it the way the course was. And he only had a two shot lead. People would probably say different things if he blew a 5 or 6 stroke lead.

see Jean Van de Velde (British Open 1999, three shot lead).... but at least Van de Velde got to go to a playoff. Phil may not have blown it had he used something other than a DRIVER. That really cost him the last couple of holes.... lesson to all of you who know you have the lead on the final hole. LEAVE THE DRIVER IN THE BAG!!!!

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived