CONCEPT: New Orleans Saints

bigdub81

I am at end of my house finishing my house since the storm and finally had enough time to sit back and do a lil' something. Ironically it's been sort of a brake from posting concepts because it became sort of an addiction really Anyway, Here is what I've done with the home team. Nothing drastically changed except for a few things like adding a stripe coming from under the arms then adding silver into the mix. I tried to keep everything in moderation cause' I believe a lot of teams are going to far with the piping in their uniforms and in the process their losing their identity of what made them great teams to begin with. Needless to say it only goes for a handful of teams but at the same time the NFL is the NFL. C&C - Thank You!

Concept-SaintsRevised.jpg

Too much gold in the middle set, love the black and white unis, I've always liked at least one set of black pants for the Saints, but these are very well done. Congrats to you for doing a great job.

To me, it's exactly what I'd expect if one were to mix the Rams and Falcons uniforms. The falcon resemblances are a problem consider their being division rivals and all. Aside from that, though, they look fantastic.

I don't see Falcons so much, but I definitely see Rams in the last one. I've often wanted a look similar to the Broncos for the Saints, where instead of Bronco orange, they'd have Saints' gold on the sides. Still, these are excellent ideas.

I am at end of my house finishing my house since the storm and finally had enough time to sit back and do a lil' something. Ironically it's been sort of a brake from posting concepts because it became sort of an addiction really Anyway, Here is what I've done with the home team. Nothing drastically changed except for a few things like adding a stripe coming from under the arms then adding silver into the mix. I tried to keep everything in moderation cause' I believe a lot of teams are going to far with the piping in their uniforms and in the process their losing their identity of what made them great teams to begin with. Needless to say it only goes for a handful of teams but at the same time the NFL is the NFL. C&C - Thank You!

Concept-SaintsRevised.jpg

Overall...very nice.

Gripes first...because the Saints color scheme already works well enough for them, I think that athe ddition of silver is a bit of overkill. In this, its used in moderation, but on the field it woudn't even shoe up and no one would miss it. Secondly, the template (and this is something I mentioned to another poster on these boards as well who uses the same template). That whole round left/flat right shoulder thing really gets under my skin, like whoever wearing this (and I'll say it again) might got elephantitis or something. One more thing--the sleeves are a bit too Falcon-esque for my comfort. As far as color goes, though--nice touch.

Okay, now on to what I DO like.

other than the fact they touch, I like the numerals. These uniforms aren't much changed in element from what the Saints have now (except for the sleeves), but yet still come off as freshand new, which, withthe direction that franchise is trying to take, ain't such a bad thing. On the gold alternates, I'm thinking a black pair of pants would be best. And for the away, let it be a choice of gold or black.

Overall, this design is a winner in my book.

UPDATE

I went back to the number style that they wore in the 90's when the team was better. Instead of changing the main number color to white with a black and gold trim on the home jersey's like it was before, I kept it the same as it is now but reversed the scheme. I kicked myself for having the first post look so much like ATL and STL so I did away with the underarm concept and went with just a simple

piping trim along the shoulder line without going to far like MIN and ARI did! I also

flipped the wordmark and nameplate color's on the gold alternate so that it would show better for one and also cause' I thought that it brought in just enough white to compliment the overall design. As requested I threw in a set of black tug's which I think actually look's better than the gold one's at this point. I believe if done right the Saints, could pull it off. The only other changes that were small is I added a thin gold line inside the black stripe on the helmet (and I did bite that one from SF) and I decided to do away with the "adding a silver accent thing" Thought it would look good...It didn't! C&C as usual any request let me know - Peace

CONCEPT81-Saints2006Revised.jpg

That second set is extremely nice. Awesome job.

I think your set just gave me some inspiration. I really dig the piping along the seam of the sleeve and yoke.

On a side note, you mean the "Chris" Everett era Saints were good? I had always that they had been very bad except for a few Haslett years.

Archived