***OFFICIAL STANLEY CUP FINALS THREAD***

jkrdevil

It comes down to this 1 game to win the best championship in Sports, The Stanley Cup. Who wins guys?

I think Edmonton will pulls it out in Overtime. They have the momentum and they are the more veteran team. Having both is huge for a game 7. I think Carolina is too young of a team to close this out. Not saying they aren't good but I think they will lose and it will be a stepping stone for the future.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It comes down to this 1 game to win the best championship in Sports, The Stanley Cup. Who wins guys?

I think Edmonton will pulls it out in Overtime. They have the momentum and they are the more veteran team. Having both is huge for a game 7. I think Carolina is too young of a team to close this out. Not saying they aren't good but I think they will lose and it will be a stepping stone for the future.

Carolina? The younger team? Surely you jest!

Carolina Players 33 or Over (6)

Rod Brind-Amour: 35

Glen Wesley: 37

Doug Weight: 35

Mark Recchi: 38

Ray Whitney: 36

Aaron Ward: 33

Edmonton Players 33 or over (2)

Rem Murray: 33

Dwayne Roloson: 36

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Carolina? The younger team? Surely you jest!

Carolina Players 33 or Over (6)

Rod Brind-Amour: 35

Glen Wesley: 37

Doug Weight: 35

Mark Recchi: 38

Ray Whitney: 36

Aaron Ward: 33

Edmonton Players 33 or over (2)

Rem Murray: 33

Dwayne Roloson: 36

Damn I didn't realize that. Just seems with Pronger and Peca that Edmonton would be the more experienced team.

That said I still like Edmonton and like I said I think this game is going into Overtime (and hopefully deep into overtime).

Well, you have two teams who have been magnificent in the post season this year. The Cup could go to either team and no one can say that it wasn't duely earned.

On one hand you have Carolina, who were ONE POINT from being the East's best team. They played great all season long, they manhandled Montreal, New Jersey and had a war with Buffalo to make it. They are a great hockey team and Edmonton has every right to worry about them.

On the other, you have Edmonton, who have played with lots of guts. They are almost the opposite, they squeeked into the playoffs, bet on a career second string goalie to be their deliverance unto hockey's holy land, and what happened? They upset the Red Wings, the best team in the NHL regualr season, they beat the hotest team in hockey, San Jose, and they beat the Ducks, a deceptivly good team this season. Most people counted them out, since they lost Roloson in game one, and they felt behind 3-1. yet somehow, they came out on fire for game 5, and kicked ass in game 6 (Carolina only managed 7 shots on net...3rd overall in goals scored and they only managed 7 shots.)

Tonight is going to be huge, Laviolette is not going to let these guys choke at the last minute, and Edmonton hasn't come this far just to let it slip out of their fingers. Gimme a pizza and a beer and a couch to watch on and it's a thin slice of heaven it is. I'm pulling for Edmonton, but I havea feeling that Carolina still has what it takes to put this to bed on home ice.

<Also, we're going to make this thread the offical Game 7 + Stanley Cup Champions thread to cut down on the number of threads made, like with the Superbowl. All other playoff talk can happen in the old Playoff thread. Thanks guys! Enjoy the game!>

I can't wait for this game. I am rooting hard for the Canes. I am a Flyers fan and would love to see Brind'Amour get his Cup. Carolina seems like the deeper and more talented team in all aspects, but the Oilers are just beating the Hurricanes down. It was evident in game 6 that the Hurricanes were just worn out. I think the Hurricanes will come out fast tonight and take a quick lead, but they will tire out and Edmonton will come back. Carolina holds on by the skin of their teeth and wins 3-2.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I can't wait for this game. I am rooting hard for the Canes. I am a Flyers fan and would love to see Brind'Amour get his Cup.

Ditto that. I got my 'Canes sweater customized last month, and I got Roddy's #17 on it. It will be worn with hope tonight in front of the HDTV. Guys like Brind'Amour and Glen Wesley should get their turn to skate with Lord Stanley.

I was also in school in North Carolina when the Whalers moved, so the 'Canes have been my 2nd team since then. Nothing beat 50% off any seat in Greensboro with student IDs... which meant $15 got you first row, upper bowl, at center ice. I always hoped the 'Canes would find success in NC (except when playing the Flyers, of course... :rolleyes: ), and the RBC has tremendous acoustics - it's deafening when it's half-full, let alone packed.

GO 'CANES!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I'm pulling for the Oilers. They deserve it after those awful post-Messier '90s when they were basically a feeder team for the rest of the league. Edmonton deserves #6.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm pulling for Edmonton too. I gained their respect when they knocked out Detroit in the first round.

Please switch that around, unless you're more important than I think.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The road team hasn't won a game 7 in the Stanley Cup Finals since 1971 I believe.

And then of course, there's the stat everyone has been throwing around. The "No team has come back from a 3-1 deficit to win the Finals since 1942" stat.

But let's throw out the stats, because they mean nothing.

Still, I've been cheering on the Canes since the start of this season, so I'm gonna go with 3-2 Carolina in OT.

I'd like to see the Oilers lose because:

A ) I hate them more than any other team in the league (besided Toronto)

B ) If they lost, it would be much like how the 94 Canucks lost, being down 3-1 and coming back and having an awesome game 6 (VAN 4:1 NYR) (EDM 4:0 CAR) and it would make for weird comparisons between the two serieses.

C ) "City of Champions" <_<

I'm pulling for Edmonton too. I gained their respect when they knocked out Detroit in the first round.

Please switch that around, unless you're more important than I think.

Even though I am a very important person (at least that's what my parents have always told me), my bad.

They...my...

Better? :hockeysmiley:

teamsnew2.png

I will be rooting for Edmonton because I don't want to think we could have walked all over Edmonton if we won game 7 against Carolina and I want to see A canadian team fianlly win it, they actually care about hockey and haven't had the cup in over 10 yrs.

saBS.png

Archived