Buffalo Bills Logo

arkansasdolfan

Hey guys, I know that none of you know me and that I do not post often (maybe only a couple of time in all). However, when searching through JC Penny's new fall fashions I came across a rather strange occurance. The Bills logo is different from any that I have seen before. I just wanted to know if you guys knew anything about this logo as I certainly did not. As an aside, I do not know how much stock I put in logos they placed on there as the Falcons logo is the older version. Also the Cardinals and Texans are completely missing. However, any info on this Bills logo would be appreciated. Thank you in advance for you time.

http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx...age|39052|39095

dolphins2.png

Wasnt this a one time proposed logo change for the bills? I remeber this coming up about a hat that someone found, others know more.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Question: For all of those hardcore Buffalo fans who prefer Sabres in their logo than a buffalo, what would be the rules about the Bills? What are the feelings toward that logo or, even now, the current one?

Question: For all of those hardcore Buffalo fans who prefer Sabres in their logo than a buffalo, what would be the rules about the Bills? What are the feelings toward that logo or, even now, the current one?

First I just like the old sabres logo compared to the goat head one. I just like it better than the current one not just because It actually has a sabre in it. And what logo could you have for the "Bills" besides a Bison. You almost have to have one in the logo

saBS.png

Here's the Deal (At least in my opinion)

The Bills were founded in 1960, and according to Wikipedia, "The franchise name comes from the legendary western hunter and performer Buffalo Bill"

The Bills logos has always been a Buffalo from the beginning, whether it was the red standing one, or the blue charging one with the streak. A logo of a "western hunter and performer" just would not work. And even though i was not born at the time, I have a feeling that the emphasis was on the Buffalo part of the team, not the Bills. It was just a common name that went together, and worked for the team.

The Sabres were a different deal. The name Sabres was chosen because the weapon was both "swift on offense and defense", and thats what the Knox brothers wanted thier team to be.

The Sabres part of the team was ingrained from the beginning. Commereative Sabres were created and given out to commereate the team beginning. The Sabredance was the teams theme song. And the Sabres were in the Logo from the beginning. that blue and gold logo was part of the teams history for 26 years, and identified the city and the name, it worked.

I dont know if that made any sense, but its two different things.

People here in Buffalo are wierd, lol.

That's easy. The Sabres can be well represented without having a buffalo in the logo.

For the Bills, that's about all they can use.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Another odd thing about that JCPenny page ("searching through new fall fashions"? whoa.) is that some of the team names are singular-ized for no reason.

Eagle

Falcon

Giant

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I remember this logo. It was on TESS and floating elsewhere. When Sega released screens for NFL 2K2(?), which may have been the first leak of the BIlls' unis, this logo was a patch on the chest, roughly in the same spot as the Jets' chest patch. It never made it to the finished design, though. I know someone did a concept on here, placing the Buffalo head from this logo inside the buffalo the Bills have used for the past 25-ish years, and it rocked my face off.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived