Whalers Stanley Cup Sig

patsox

Crosby and Malkin!

I'll drink to that!

Rendell and O'Connor are dirty pigs. If the Pens leave Pittsburgh, then honestly I'm taking my season ticket paying wallet and moving somewhere else. It would be such a shame.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you should make some WHA ones like Houston Aeros 1974 Avco Cup CHampions or Quebec Nordiques 1977 Avco Cup Champions. Those would be very sweet

Sorry about being a part of this trend, but I just find it hilarious that the Whalers franchise has actually WON something.

On top of that, the 05-06 Canes share only one player with the last edition of the Whalers: Glen Wesley. Unlike the 95-96 Avalanche team, which was (IMO) the 94-95 Nordiques with Roy in net. :P

I'll be updating my sig to be a WhalerCanes combination.

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

Uggh....not a bad sig at all, but i'm like sick of people still calling the Carolina Hurricanes the Hartford Whalers. That was then...get over it. I don't see the Jets fans calling the Coyotes the Jets, or the Nordiques fans calling the Avs the nordiques. Its over and done with. Its bad enough that I have to call the Hurricanes champs lol

That's because the Nordiques fans have given up, and the Jets fans are actually DOING something to get their team back: be it the Pens, Preds, or the Yotes.

Super Wario Comix!

vanhalengo.png

those wha ones are very cool. You should write avco cup champions though since you wrote stanley cup champions for the hurricanes not national hockey league champions. Also if you can put a little picture of the avco cup that would be very cool. Also you left the stanley cup logo on the aeros sigs

Avcocup.jpg

This is going to be my sig, Great job

I don't see the Jets fans calling the Coyotes the Jets...

Well I wouldn't admit to it either... :D

Anyway--the Whalers did win the Avco Cup--except they were based in Boston at the time.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Well Carolina winning the cup really gives Hartford a black eye. Imagine what Nordiques fans in Quebec felt when the Avalanche won their first cup in'96. There are many others.

I'm certain the Nordalanche win in '96 was even more painful, because of the short time it took for them to win, and the fact that the team was still made up (mostly) of ex-Nords.

1994-95 Quebec Nordiques

1995-96 Colorado Avalanche

Super Wario Comix!

vanhalengo.png

How about Minnesota fans when the Stars won the Cup in '99?

I personally was disappointed when Dallas won. The Wild were not yet playing and I had hoped that we'd get an expansion team and win a cup before Dallas. I was cheering against them-and in fact still do, though it's not as big a thing.

Then again, most of my friends were cheering for them...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived