Jerseys you would kill for your teams to go back

Titanium Eagle

Ralomar-tbj.JPG

ace.jpg

bluejays93.jpg

I would love for the Blue Jays to bring this look back. Although I would settle at this point for more blue than what they give us now.

Bring back the first hat they had with the white front.

The Blue Jays are not "my team" but these are some of my favorite jerseys ever. Clean, simple, and classy.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rancunn1620_t.jpg

I saw someone mention these earlier. Just casting my lot.

I had a black alternate of this jersey when I was a kid, has green numbers. That would be cool, too.

Hey, this put me at 250, and I didn't even notice. I think I am gonna go grab a PBR and celebrate!

Slightly off topic --

Someone explain to me why, even though the Orioles won the 1983 World Series in that hat, the manufacturer put 1988 on the back -- a year in which the O's started 0-21 and finished 54-107. Also, without looking back to be positive, I'm pretty sure that hat had an orange button, not a black one.

Yeah...the old Expos hat I just bought has the year 1977 (5th 75-87) on the back when they could have put 1981 when they won the East, 1979 when they won 95 or simply 1969. It makes no sense at all to have some arbitrary year when they could have checked just a little and put some meaning in it

Blue Jays

delgado.jpg

This set was a great update to their 80s uniform. I really wish they stuck to this.

Bills

oj_simpson_bills.jpg

It'd make the AFC East the only division with light coloured helmets :D

not really my team but still Chargers

fouts.jpg

I love the powder blues but after seeing a game with the Chargers in these unis I have to say they're a little more dynamic and have a good flow to them.

again not my team, Falcons

BartkowskiSteve80TB.jpg

I love the red on the Falcons. Hell, i'd be happy if they go back to the red helmet with a more modernized uniform. Just bring back the red helmet!

Wow could not agree more. The only thing I would like to see is the blue face mask the Bills used in the late 70s early 80s

here are my picks for this great topic...

I'm a big fan of original, colorful and fun to watch uniform

khabibulinPhx.jpg

I think this jersey was original, completly different from the NHL too conservatory looking jerseys...

HGreenTB.jpg

I think the actual look is ok but boring to watch. That old uniform's color tells me Florida, sun, heat all the way! One thing though, I would keep the actual logo which I think is aggressive and intimidating.

Rjonessea.jpg

Don't ask me why, I always liked that logo and that uniform. I would retouch it a bit but I think blue, yellow and white are good looking colors on an uniform...

These were my choices...

Thanx for reading!

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

here are my picks for this great topic...

I'm a big fan of originals, colorfuls and fun to watch uniforms...

khabibulinPhx.jpg

I think this jersey was original, completly different from the NHL too conservatory looking jerseys...

HGreenTB.jpg

I think the actual look is ok but boring to watch. That old uniform's color tells me Florida, sun, heat all the way! One thing though, I would keep the actual logo which I think is aggressive and intimidating.

Rjonessea.jpg

Don't ask me why, I always liked that logo and that uniform. I would retouch it a bit but I think blue, yellow and white are good looking colors on an uniform...

These were my choices...

Thanx for reading!

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

Yankees road uni's before the trim........sweet

al_1972_newyork.gif

What trim?

The Yankees have blue/white trim on their sleeves now and the numbers and lettering is outlined in white. Not big changes but noticeable if you look at old Yankee footage.

Ahhh, yeah, that's true.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

I know these two teams are minor league, but I'd like both the Rochester Americans and Rochester Red Wings to return to their late '50s-early '60s style duds. The Amerks wore white jerseys and hose with Montreal-style striping on the sleeves and socks in royal-scarlet-royal. There was no hem striping on the lace-neck sweaters. The Americans' crest, featuring a black accent on the lower left to make it appear "raised" was on the front at an angle sans lettering (it looks 1000% better that way). There were stars around the upper shoulders and back in royal blue. Numbers on the back and upper sleeves were red with royal outline in the pro full block style used by Russell and Wilson. Pants were royal with a white/red/white stripe.

The red jerseys and socks were the reverse with white/royal/white striping. Same logo. Numbers were white with royal outline. Stars were white. Best looking uniform set they ever wore. But then I'm partial because the company I worked for sold the Amerks these uniforms through General Athletic of Greenville, Ohio.

As for the Red Wings. All-white or even a cream-colored home uniform with old St. Louis-style trim on the neck, placket, front, shoulders and sleeves. The pants were trimmed on the sides, belt loops and even the pocket flaps.

The lettering was chain-stitch embroidery "Red Wings" with a tail in scarlet with navy outline and was done by Liebe's in St. Louis. The numbers were red on navy on the lower front and back in Liebe's pro-style full block (Twins). They wore red sleeves, belts and red hose with actual, correct Cardinal striping. When they switched to Baltimore in '61 the accesories were switched to navy. The ball and wings logo adorned the left sleeve with the ball centered on the sleeve stripe. The cap I like was a navy crown with red visor, buttons and eyelets with a script "R" in red with white outline. I also like the ball-and-wings logo used in '65 ONLY (one set of wings).

Road uniforms were the exact reverse, only grey. Same lettering.

Both the Amerk uniforms and the Red Wing style I have described are both so classically plain they're perfect. They don't need BLACK or fancy, illegible fonts and logos.

But then again I've very, very, very old school. But these sets look great!

you mean something like this bad boy- none other than don cherrys sweater up for auction.

473.jpg

Man I love those classic hockey sweaters. The AHL and minor league uni's from way back are often better than the NHL stuff of today.

Also agree on the Canucks blue and green duds but they need a minor update.

DEATH TO REEBOK

Archived