Carolina Hurricanes... sorta ...

maz

I know that the hurricanes won the cup, not the whalers, and that they'll never be the whalers, but, I decided to combine the two teams and make a new team out of them, so, here's the team that was and the team that is... Your Stanley cup champions, Hartford Hurricanes. {cue brass bonanza with thunder sound effects}

HartfordHurricanes.png

C&C please...

oBIgzrL.png

the letters on the third are poorly spaced, the colors don't work with the hurricane logo, and the whalers are no longer in hartford, nor are they using that logo. as a matter of fact, the whalers are in plymouth and use this one:

plymouth.gif

All this Whalers stuff is starting to get annoying.

I don't know of a more pathetic group:

A. Whaler fans claiming that they won the Stanley Cup.

B. Brooklyn Dodgers fans boo hooing about the move to Los Angeles after 42 years.

C. Mullett wearers

D. The Dixie Chicks

E. American Idol fans

F. A & B

G. C & D

H. A & E

My vote...A

I should do a poll..

BTW...the colors are bad.

the letters on the third are poorly spaced, the colors don't work with the hurricane logo, and the whalers are no longer in hartford, nor are they using that logo. as a matter of fact, the whalers are in plymouth and use this one:

plymouth.gif

Erm...two different franchises, buddy.

The Plymouth Whalers are a junior team in the OHL.

@pooter: This Whalers thing is becoming rather polarizing on the board, isn't it? I guess when you have a thoroughly-entrenched fan base like the Whalers did, it's hard to let go. Personally, I'd rather do something like this the Jets, but since there's no chance in holy hell for the 'Yotes to win the Cup any day soon...well...ya.

@maz1960: Ouch. Ow-ow-ow-my-eyes. Nice concept, just a pretty bad implementation (would it kill you to use some silver?!).

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

@pooter: This Whalers thing is becoming rather polarizing on the board, isn't it? I guess when you have a thoroughly-entrenched fan base like the Whalers did, it's hard to let go.

It is much like the situation in Cincinnati and their ECHL/IHL/AHL teams. There are people that want every team named the Stingers of WHA fame. And I admit, I am one of them. When the IHL Cyclones got too big for their britches and moved to The Coliseum and the AHL Ducks moved into The Gardens and it split the hockey community. There are some that would go to one and not the other and it crushed both teams attendance wise. Cincy had the Railraiders fiasco where the 'Clones hockey fans wouldn't support anything that The Gardens and the Robinsons (the ones that were reaping all of Disney's money while having less than 2,000 some nights) were doing. And I admit again, I am one of them.

But if the new ECHL (4th incarnation of the 'Clones - ECHL-IHL-ECHL-ECHL) were called the Stingers and they wore the Stinger yellow and Bumble Bee Black, the hockey community would re-unite and there would be 10,000+ seat nights again in Cincinnati.

Rick Dudley, Robbie Ftorek, Mike Gartner, Mike Luit, Mark Messier, Paul Stewart, Barry Melrose, Richie Leduc, Dennis Sobchuk, Dale Smedsmo, Wild Willy Trognitz...all hockey gods in Cincinnati.

B. Brooklyn Dodgers fans boo hooing about the move to Los Angeles after 42 years.

C. Mullett wearers

D. The Dixie Chicks

E. American Idol fans

F. A & B

G. C & D

H. A & E

My vote...A

I should do a poll..

Yea...truly annoying, I could see if they actually won anything when they were in Hartford. You should do a poll...my vote is for A :-p

People on both sides take this too seriously.

A franchise that used to be in Hartford and called the Whalers won the Stanley Cup.

If that makes Whalers fans happy--then good for them.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

It's good, but this is actually getting annoying as other people said.

but I understand why so, i respect that, you love your team so.

Theyre not my team, and i can care less about them... I just thought i would combine the two teams.

oBIgzrL.png

C. Mullett wearers

D. The Dixie Chicks

E. American Idol fans

F. A & B

G. C & D

H. A & E

My vote...A

I should do a poll..

haahahaha, soo true.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions