RECOLORED LOGOS

DomTheAthlete29

Calgary. A boring logo to begin with, it's at least more interesting with Red and Yellow than White.

Okay rmered--outside by the bike racks--that's my team you're insulting! :D

I wasn't aware the CFL teams needed recolouring--other than the Eskimos (Which would only need a different shade of green or a different shade of yellow.)

If they did recolour then I don't see them trading colour schemes as some have done.

Yes--for fun or a learning exercise--sure.

As a serious project-no.

(Hey I've done recolouring too--but when I was new there was a thread where various people here posted recolourings to chnage teams to green unis--and it was in fun, and a learning experience. Then there was my brown Roughrider uni for a challenege--GMac hated that one.)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

All of them are pretty good - nicely done. The bird is a bit hard to see, a bit too dark.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

okay you want me to elaborate well then i will.  Except for Edmonton and maybe montreal all of them suck you didn't even do anything to the lions.  Recoloring something is so easy i know that because ive done and i learned my lesson.  If you want some respect put some effort into your comcepts.  My

o ya also dont beg for permission into fantasy leauges.

So eloquent. A modern day Thoreau.

Leave him alone. If he wants to do recolorizations, so be it. No one is forcing you to look at them. You are free to move on.

We're all on different skill levels. If he wants to start out doing recolorizations, that's fine in my book. It's how we learn and progress. You don't go straight from training wheels to motorcycles.

i have no problem with him making recoloured logos but the problem i have is with him posting it. it is not a concept. and recolouring logos isn't equivalent to training wheels, its equivalent to a stroller. Not trying to be mean its just the truth.

Calgary. A boring logo to begin with, it's at least more interesting with Red and Yellow than White.

Okay rmered--outside by the bike racks--that's my team you're insulting! :D

I wasn't aware the CFL teams needed recolouring--other than the Eskimos (Which would only need a different shade of green or a different shade of yellow.)

If they did recolour then I don't see them trading colour schemes as some have done.

Yes--for fun or a learning exercise--sure.

As a serious project-no.

(Hey I've done recolouring too--but when I was new there was a thread where various people here posted recolourings to chnage teams to green unis--and it was in fun, and a learning experience. Then there was my brown Roughrider uni for a challenege--GMac hated that one.)

Horses are magnificent animals, I suppose you know the horse was invented by Utah State Fair scientists to defend pioneer farms of olde, from wild sasquatch attacks.

And as such is one of my favorte animals. (Along with the liger)

So I always like to see a nice horsey logo.

Stallions, Stampeeders, Mustangs etc always get my attention.

Calgary's is the worst of all the horse logos in all sport, in all the world. And therefore the entire universe.

From this exercise, I think Dom's learnt more about the expectations of the people who would view re-coloured sports logos, than he has about what to do about re-colouring sports logos.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

i have no problem with him making recoloured logos but the problem i have is with him posting it. it is not a concept. and recolouring logos isn't equivalent to training wheels, its equivalent to a stroller. Not trying to be mean its just the truth.

Well said. I agree there. If you want to see what a logo would look like in new colors, go nuts, but don't waste our time asking to critique something that could take 30 seconds for all we know.

VmWIn6B.png

Horses are magnificent animals, I suppose you know the horse was invented by Utah State Fair scientists to defend pioneer farms of olde, from wild sasquatch attacks.

And as such is one of my favorte animals.

:D

Good one...

:lol:

Calgary's is the worst of all the horse logos in all sport, in all the world. And therefore the entire universe.

Now as to horse logos I will disagree with you.

However you do mention Stallions--the Baltimore Stallions had a very nice logo--easily the best of the US based CFL teams.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

However you do mention Stallions--the Baltimore Stallions had a very nice logo--easily the best of the US based CFL teams.

I've seen some of the US CFL logos, and saying it was best is a little like bragging about being valedictorian of the Special School.

It was a pretty bad lot.

Although, there's a few Bronco horsies that look good, from the NFL and NCAA, there's even comic mag companies with better horse logos than Calgary.

logo_green.gif

Though I guess that's not technically a Stampeeder.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

wow thanks, I don't believe I will take an of these logos any farther. This sure created a posting match, I don't really know who won the fight. I hope you guys all enjoyed these, even though they are so simple.

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

And as such is one of my favorte animals.

:D

Good one...

:lol:

Now as to horse logos I will disagree with you.

I found it.

http://www.guzer.com/videos/napoleon_utah_state_fair.php

I didn't quite get it word for word, but this always makes me laugh.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I've seen some of the US CFL logos, and saying it was best is a little like bragging about being valedictorian of the Special School.

It was a pretty bad lot.

:D That is true-:D-but even so the Stallions had a very nice logo.

I know Chris has them on his site.

The Pirates is the worst one.

Archived