Bengals coach to get his own jersey

Jezus_Ghoti

Sorry, THIS is how a football coach should look. Screw those pretty boy dinner party suits. This is how it needs to be. I bought this hoody, and everyone recognizes it as the "Belichick hoody." Fedora hats? Coat and tie? It's football.

p1_belichick_getty.jpg

That's exactly why I hate the entire New England region.

Polo shirts are fine for the NFL, even though they're draped with "NFL Equipment" all over the place. Although classy, suits are just a little bit over the top. And for the love of god, the sweatsuits have got to go.

Like Blue Falcon said, imagine - actually, don't - the NFL and NBA applying the MLB look. I'd love to hear what Ozzie would think of that...

What the  :censored: ? Only Jay Mariotti :censored: wears this pieces of  :censored: .

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

What ever happened to coaches wearing a suit?

too damn hot when it's hot out, and not warm enough when it's cold out, that's what. then again I hate most suits, so my opinon's not the most subjective.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Even though I grew up in the era of football coaches wearing suits, I think that it looks better when they wear team-branded athletic gear. I have the same preference while watching soccer from England. While Jose Mourinho looks very nice in his suit and scarf, I preferred the look he sported after Chelsea wrapped up the title, when he coached wearing a sweatsuit.

Still if a coach wants to wear a suit, there should be some way he can do this. I wonder why NFL cannot just come up with some solution similar to those devised by some MLS teams.

The NY Red Bulls' coach Mo Johnston wears a suit jacket with the team's crest on the breast pocket. The Chivas USA coach Bob Bradley sometimes wears a jacket with a small team crest on the lapel.

By the way, Bradley was at New York (then the Metrostars) last season when then-GM Alexi Lalas began requiring the wearing of a suit on the sidelines. So, Bradley, who had worn a sweatsuit, began wearing a suit jacket with the Metrostars' crest, a practice which Johnston continued when he succeeded Bradley. Bradley, for his part, apparantly now switches between the two looks at Chivas.

Here is a shot of Bradley in a Chivas team sweatsuit greeting Johnston in his jacket (you cannot see the Red Bulls' crest in this shot, dangit; but, trust me, it is there):

1.jpg

Here is Bradley giving a post-game interview in his jacket that sports the Chivas lapel crest:

SbMCKaIv.jpg

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Soo let me see....you hate the entire New England region because of the way our football coach DRESSES.. :wacko: Or would it be cause you wish your team had a coach like him??? :trophy: ...just asking..

Soo let me see....you hate the entire New England region because of the way our football coach DRESSES.. :wacko: Or would it be cause you wish your team had a coach like him??? :trophy: ...just asking..

I think I'm happy with Joe Gibbs, thank you. I can't wait to see how Billy does with NO TEAM this season...ha!

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

It only works in baseball, because that's the only sport where the coaches are allowed onto the field of play.

just for the sake of argument, that is not an accurate statement at all. all sports are basically the same when it comes to this. coaches have free range to go wherever they want including the playing field during time-outs and any other time stoppage. i could get you pictures of NBA coaches on the floor, and football coachess on the field. a baseball coach/manager can only go on the field in the same situation, when time is called so they can talk to a pitcher.

It only works in baseball, because that's the only sport where the coaches are allowed onto the field of play.

just for the sake of argument, that is not an accurate statement at all. all sports are basically the same when it comes to this. coaches have free range to go wherever they want including the playing field during time-outs and any other time stoppage. i could get you pictures of NBA coaches on the floor, and football coachess on the field. a baseball coach/manager can only go on the field in the same situation, when time is called so they can talk to a pitcher.

A first and third base coach are on the field the entire game.

Save the slugalo.

A first and third base coach are on the field the entire game.

managers in Baseball wear uni's dating back to the days when managers were all also players.

Dick Nolan wanted to wear a suit on the sidelines and the nfl style-police said NO.

Sorry, THIS is how a football coach should look. Screw those pretty boy dinner party suits. This is how it needs to be. I bought this hoody, and everyone recognizes it as the "Belichick hoody." Fedora hats? Coat and tie? It's football.

p1_belichick_getty.jpg

T628533A.jpg

is better. And I hate the Dallas Cowboys. But like someone said, that puts the fear of God in you.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived