Fantasy Team Concept - Halifax Tides

Braden

Hey guys!

I'm currently making a new logo for my TNFF (fantasy CFL) team, the Halifax Tides.

Here's a link to the current identity that I want to replace.

I've kinda hit a snag and the logo's not hitting me right. I've kinda hit a brainfart with it cause I'm not sure how to make it right.

newtidesdraft1.gif

Any comments/criticisms are greatly appreciated.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Well I would start the wave at the top of the T and slant the entire thing the other direction and see what that looks like.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

braden - would this logo replace your current wordmark? would you keep the current primary, but change the "H" to something more in line with this wordmark?

i think this outstanding, but it doesn't work as well as the script with the "H" on the current primary for me - i also think that the current "H" works VERY well with the wave...the curved edges and wavy serifs really flow with the logo...this wordmark doesn't seem to mesh as well with the current primary logo, in my opinion...in my opinion, there is too much contrast with the somewhat angular letters and the curves in the wave - i guess i'm reserving my judgement until i see the whole package, because what you have now really works, in my opinion

the letterform is a thing of beauty, though...that's some good stuff

jldesigns404eo.png

I agree with the comment about it looking like a baseball logo. Definitely keep the typography for the wordmark. You should come up with a single iconic logo for the team, unfortunately with the Tides name, that can be hard to do.

I suggest going the route of using Poseidon in some way, and keeping the wordmark. Also enlarge the wave so that the crest is at the top of the x (height-wise) in Halifax.

Great start man, great start.

I agree with the comment about it looking like a baseball logo. Definitely keep the typography for the wordmark. You should come up with a single iconic logo for the team, unfortunately with the Tides name, that can be hard to do.

Also enlarge the wave so that the crest is at the top of the x (height-wise) in Halifax.

I agree with Josh on these issues. Not a big fan of the Poseidon thing though. (Why would you want that stupid boat from the Warner Bros. movie on you logo?) The only other change I would make would be to make the navy section inside the wave white. Otherwise, way to go.

(yes, I know who the real Poseidon was)

Also enlarge the wave so that the crest is at the top of the x (height-wise) in Halifax.

I agree with Josh on these issues. Not a big fan of the Poseidon thing though. (Why would you want that stupid boat from the Warner Bros. movie on you logo?) The only other change I would make would be to make the navy section inside the wave white. Otherwise, way to go.

(yes, I know who the real Poseidon was)

I would have said Testicles, but he was the first great Greek erotica philosopher. So it wouldn't have worked. :P

It seems too angular - the name 'Tides' demands more fluidity, I think. The old wordmark was nice. Maybe a little update on it would work better.

For the logo have you considered using aquatic or nautical elements? Maybe something simple in combination with the 'H' would work, like a schooner, anchor, seagull, or something.

Archived