Rockets to unveil new alternate uniforms/logo.....

NYCdog

this is on the Rockets website. it hints to a surprise being unveiled on Draft night for those who attend the party.

Ive been told its the teams alternate uniform and an alternate logo to go along with it.

Houston Rockets Draft Party Presented by Bud Light

Hey Rockets fans! The 2006 NBA Draft is coming up on June 28, and we want all of you to come to Toyota Center to watch it with us! This year we have the #8 pick, the highest we've had since drafting Yao Ming at #1 in 2002. We're sure to get an impact player that will help us get to the next level, so we're holding a HUGE party at our place to view the draft and celebrate. And you're all invited! Simply click below to register!

http://click.nba.com/index.cfm?n35009s479c...478e2926479o589

Sign up now online for the Rockets' Draft Party presented by Bud Light at Toyota Center on Wednesday, June 28. The party starts at 5:30, perfect for the post-work happy hour beverages. And we'll have great food specials like $2 hot dogs and nachos. You'll get to watch the draft live on the centerhung scoreboard or at any television in the building, and see current Rockets players, legends and broadcasters in person as they share their analysis of this year's picks by the Rockets and the rest of the NBA.

PLUS - we have a huge surprise in store for the 2006-07 season, but you'll have to be at the draft party to see it unveiled in person! Stay tuned . . .

The only way you can be a part of the action is to sign up online. It's FREE!

NYCdog.png

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey cool! First I've heard of this. Although I would love to see the return of the old uniforms, I don't really mind the current ones (minus the dreaded black drop shadow on the logo). It beats the embarassing meat-ball logo and uniforms.

Can't wait to see what they've come up with.

They might be diffrent and go with a grey alt. after all their 2ndary color is grey but black would be nice i would really like to see the hawks loose the yellow alt. and go to the dark side.

Rockets' colors:

HoustonRockets_FRC_9999_SOL.jpg

Obviously, the Pantone Textile color they use for the Silver is much lighter than this one (metallic - used for printing applications).

Interesting...I know that the NBA put a "moritorium" of sorts on Black uniforms...one of the reasons why there's so much Navy Blue these days.

Not a lot of contrast there with Red on Black. Might be hard to make out the numbers and lettering...

Interesting...I know that the NBA put a "moritorium" of sorts on Black uniforms...one of the reasons why there's so much Navy Blue these days.

Not a lot of contrast there with Red on Black. Might be hard to make out the numbers and lettering...

Especially if you're sitting in the top row, for example. There should be a white line that borders all the stripes and lettering and numbers, so they are more visible.

Not a lot of contrast there with Red on Black.  Might be hard to make out the numbers and lettering...

Especially if you're sitting in the top row, for example. There should be a white line that borders all the stripes and lettering and numbers, so they are more visible.

There probably will be some white at least by the time the season tips off. The wallpaper liiks like a photoshoped image, so I doubt that it's official.

Save the slugalo.

Not a lot of contrast there with Red on Black.  Might be hard to make out the numbers and lettering...

There probably will be some white at least by the time the season tips off. The wallpaper liiks like a photoshoped image, so I doubt that it's official.

You're right. Upon further inspection it doesn't look real.

Why does one image have "HOUSTON" on the jersey, and the other one has "ROCKETS?"

As an aside, I must say that half the fun of this board is guessing what is real and what isn't. We get to have the fun of the actual unveiling, and a lot of fun leading up to it too!

Why does one image have "HOUSTON" on the jersey, and the other one has "ROCKETS?"

As an aside, I must say that half the fun of this board is guessing what is real and what isn't.  We get to have the fun of the actual unveiling, and a lot of fun leading up to it too!

I edited it to be like home jersey, they did it to be like an away jersey.

Teams generally put their team name on the alternate jersey and not the location, but just in case, you get to see both.

Save the slugalo.

Teams generally put their team name on the alternate jersey and not the location, but just in case, you get to see both.

There are plenty of teams that put the location on the alternate if the home and road only have team name. See: Heat, Clippers, Bulls, Hawks, Celtics.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived