Rockets to unveil new alternate uniforms/logo.....

NYCdog

Sorry to say (Not Really) I dont think the Houston Rockets are getting an alternate uniform, at least this season. I think you would have hear a little more about it other than just this forum. Maybe like a local Houston Newspaper. That surprise at they were talking about was probably something else.

nyk, you may want to look at post #1 on page #1. That looks to be an official Houston Rockets email or posting on their webpage, looks pretty official to me, something will get done eventually.

yes i read the post, and that is his opinion that it is an alternater jersey that was being debuted. Its not a 100% fact nor does it say, like i said before, that the alternate is the surprise on the website. He assumed through his source who ever that is and i would like to know. For all u know the surprise at the draft party could have been an olajuwon apperace. Also i looked at the houston newspaper today and they said nothin about. I would figure by now if it was an alternate jersey the next day you would hear a little about but dont confuse FACTS with an OPINION cause that all it is.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry to say (Not Really) I dont think the Houston Rockets are getting an alternate uniform, at least this season. I think you would have hear a little more about it other than just this forum. Maybe like a local Houston Newspaper. That surprise at they were talking about was probably something else.

nyk, you may want to look at post #1 on page #1. That looks to be an official Houston Rockets email or posting on their webpage, looks pretty official to me, something will get done eventually.

yes i read the post, and that is his opinion that it is an alternater jersey that was being debuted. Its not a 100% fact nor does it say, like i said before, that the alternate is the surprise on the website. He assumed through his source who ever that is and i would like to know. For all u know the surprise at the draft party could have been an olajuwon apperace. Also i looked at the houston newspaper today and they said nothin about. I would figure by now if it was an alternate jersey the next day you would hear a little about but dont confuse FACTS with an OPINION cause that all it is.

nyk is correct - that first post that was gathered from the Rockets' front office mentions nothing of a new alternate jersey - just a surprise for the upcoming season.

I wouldn't rule out an alternate jersey being unveiled, though. They might just do it later in the summer.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

nyk is correct - that first post that was gathered from the Rockets' front office mentions nothing of a new alternate jersey - just a surprise for the upcoming season.

I wouldn't rule out an alternate jersey being unveiled, though. They might just do it later in the summer.

Thank you that is all i am sayin. Never said they wasn't getting one. Just said that probably wasnt the surprise.

I know the ultimate goal of alternates is to sell more merchandise, but to me most NBA alts are pointless. Just slapping a different color scheme on a jersey shouldn't constitue an alt., it's lazy. At least in the NHL they try something different. Kudos to the Mavs & Cavs for doing this too.

ok so there is 3 pages of replies, but no picture of the jersey to talk about. hmm interesting

yes very interesting...

how about you read the thread! you'll see that a new third jersey was speculated but ended up not being unveiled afterall.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

ok so there is 3 pages of replies, but no picture of the jersey to talk about. hmm interesting

I think they cancelled the unveiling of this folks.....

I had a friend whoi went to Toyota Center last night for this shin dig...he's a huge Rockets fan. Anyways, a surprise was mentioned a few times as being unveiled that night. Then the Draft happend and all chaos insued....

A rough recap as I was told of last nights events.....

Fans see ATL select Sheldon "Landlord" Williams, they go crazy with the thought that someone big is slipping to them.....

Fans see Minnesota selection and realize Rudy Gay is theres for the taking, massive celebrations insue. Chants of "Rudy, Rudy, Rudy" begin....

Rockets select Rudy Gay and the place goes wild....I guess a lil makeup celebration for what was supposed to be for Vince Young or Reggie Bush.

In stunning DISMAY, The Vince Young/Reggie Bush thing plays out AGAIN! Rockets fans learn of "the trade" in the middle of there celebrations via a ticker on the scoreboard and the place turns into "Philly," the day McNabb was selected over Ricky Williams. Everyone boos, trash is thrown on the court and majority of the people leave......PARTY OVER!

Needless to say, a bad night for the Rockets organization and a bad time to unveil any sort of surprise the team had planned.

NYCdog.png

• 2 weeks later...

I think they cancelled the unveiling of this folks.....

I had a friend whoi went to Toyota Center last night for this shin dig...he's a huge Rockets fan. Anyways, a surprise was mentioned a few times as being unveiled that night. Then the Draft happend and all chaos insued....

A rough recap as I was told of last nights events.....

Fans see ATL select Sheldon "Landlord" Williams, they go crazy with the thought that someone big is slipping to them.....

Fans see Minnesota selection and realize Rudy Gay is theres for the taking, massive celebrations insue. Chants of "Rudy, Rudy, Rudy" begin....

Rockets select Rudy Gay and the place goes wild....I guess a lil makeup celebration for what was supposed to be for Vince Young or Reggie Bush.

In stunning DISMAY, The Vince Young/Reggie Bush thing plays out AGAIN! Rockets fans learn of "the trade" in the middle of there celebrations via a ticker on the scoreboard and the place turns into "Philly," the day McNabb was selected over Ricky Williams. Everyone boos, trash is thrown on the court and majority of the people leave......PARTY OVER!

Needless to say, a bad night for the Rockets organization and a bad time to unveil any sort of surprise the team had planned.

I was there, to see if there was an alt. jersey. Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy... fans started calling for guy to be picked. THEN the Rockes have made a trade.... BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

TEXASFIGHT.gifAstros-Sig.gifUntitled-1.gifAeros.gif

UPDATE!!!

I know the guy who does the lettering for the Rockets/Comets/Texans. I had him do some work on a couple of Padres jerseys, so when I went to pick them up yesterday, I asked him about this.

I said, "Are the Rockets getting an alternate?" His reply? "Yeah, a black one. The Rockets rep showed it to me earlier in the week when he came to pick up a Battier jersey for press conference.

RecapImage_battierpress.jpg

The Rockets rep had the black one with him. My friend's description of it was about what PANTONE posted earlier in the thread ("It's black with red and silver under the arms. [The design] is just like their other uniforms.")

I asked him if he knew when they would be unveiling it. My friend said he didn't know, but they had at least one.

In an unrelated note, I asked him about the rumored new Majestic BP jerseys for MLB next season. He said he had the 06-07 Majestic MLB catalog at home, and that he hadn't looked at it yet. He's gonna check on it and I'll get an answer when I go see him next month.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I have heard that all BP items are getting an overhaul. All BP caps will have new logos and the BP jerseys will be made of different material and have screened on logos. Further, all 5950 game hats will be made of a more sweat resistant material. Supposidly, you will not be able to tell the difference between the game caps from this year to next unless you were holding each one side by side.

Does it say "Houston" or "Rockets"?

I forgot to ask. I was just excited that they were getting the alt.

I'll ask him next month. I don't think he gets the Rockets stuff until September. Right now, he's working a some jerseys for the Texans (he does those too). They didn't have all the jerseys for training camp/pre-season, so the team sent him blanks from last season to name/number up. Like 60 jerseys for the first of August.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

• 2 months later...

Update:

The black Rockets alt story came up again this morning on the local sports radio. A caller asked if they were really getting one, because he had seen the T-Mac in Black wallpaper. The hosts called the Rockets and got an answer shortly thereafter.

The black alt was created, but the league killed it for 2006-2007. The reason given was "there are already too many black jerseys". The Rockets are trying to get them approved for 2007-2008.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Update:

The black Rockets alt story came up again this morning on the local sports radio. A caller asked if they were really getting one, because he had seen the T-Mac in Black wallpaper. The hosts called the Rockets and got an answer shortly thereafter.

The black alt was created, but the league killed it for 2006-2007. The reason given was "there are already too many black jerseys". The Rockets are trying to get them approved for 2007-2008.

Pffft, there are too many red jerseys. The Rockets should try a silver alt or something different (ketchup and mustard alt only with new logo and wordmark?).

I have heard that all BP items are getting an overhaul. All BP caps will have new logos and the BP jerseys will be made of different material and have screened on logos. Further, all 5950 game hats will be made of a more sweat resistant material. Supposidly, you will not be able to tell the difference between the game caps from this year to next unless you were holding each one side by side.

I went to "Rally Monday" outside Comerica Park in Detroit on Monday and they had a New Era truck with official 5950 hat displays. I asked the new era employee if she was aware of the new material for official hats. She had no clue. I wasn't surprised.

Everyone loves a roundel.

Too many black jerseys? Philly, Portland, San Antonio, and an alternate Chicago, right? Orlando could use a black alt. Philly would be sweet if they had a blue primary and red alt.

Black Houston doesn't actually sound that great though. A metallic silver would actually be kinda ill.

Archived