New Atlanta Hawks Logo?

njmeadowlanders

You know what though? If they took that as a first step, got rid of all of the silly effects, and thought it out a little more, it might not be that bad. Their current Hawk right now is almost as dated as the Raptor, and I think that if they could polish that up a bit it would be solid.

Especially that bootleg wordmark there - I like the wings coming off the side.

A good start for whoever had that much time, but that's about all it is.

Guys, I wouldn't put it past Atlanta Spirit to do this. First, look at the similarities with the Brand Atlanta campaign's logo. I wouldn't doubt that the city might help fund a Hawks rebranding to go in line with the local campaign:

headerLogo.jpg

Also, take a look at the logo on the Hawks' mascot, SkyHawk. There are striking similarities between this mockup and the logo on his uniform.

skyhawk.gif

PANTONE - you've heard nothing about this?

I think that alone would be the determining factor.

I haven't, but then again, I didn't know anything about the Bucks' changes either, until someone posted that Draft Cap.

That just doesn't look like an NBA logo to me. Gradients aside.

PANTONE - you've heard nothing about this?

I think that alone would be the determining factor.

I haven't, but then again, I didn't know anything about the Bucks' changes either, until someone posted that Draft Cap.

That just doesn't look like an NBA logo to me. Gradients aside.

Well I guess the Mavs don't have an NBA Logo, because that's almost exactly what it looks like. Replace the Hawks Bird with the Mavs Horse and pull a Shanurr Switcheroo and that's the Dallas Mavericks logo.

With that being said, anything is better than the logo they have now. It's just...boring. Bring back the Pac Man!

Well I guess the Mavs don't have an NBA Logo, because that's almost exactly what it looks like. Replace the Hawks Bird with the Mavs Horse and pull a Shanurr Switcheroo and that's the Dallas Mavericks logo.

With that being said, anything is better than the logo they have now. It's just...boring. Bring back the Pac Man!

Waitaminute...current logo = boring, but old Pac-Man logo = NOT boring???

:blink:

This isn't a professional sports logo...although it's well-rendered, it's more suited for a tattoo on the arm of some Trans-Am-driving guy with fuzzy dice hanging from his rear-view mirror.

I resemble that comment!!! :P

Waitaminute...current logo = boring, but old Pac-Man logo = NOT boring???

:blink:

It was just because of the whole negative space thing going on. When you saw it as a hawk for the first time, and not a pac-man, you'd be like <joeystyles>OH MY GOOOD!</joeystyles>

...or maybe not. Maybe it was just me...lol, but I know there's been a lot of people going around these parts crying out for the Pac Man to come back, myself included.

It was just because of the whole negative space thing going on. When you saw it as a hawk for the first time, and not a pac-man, you'd be like <joeystyles>OH MY GOOOD!</joeystyles>

...or maybe not. Maybe it was just me...lol, but I know there's been a lot of people going around these parts crying out for the Pac Man to come back, myself included.

I think it was just the segment of society that was heavy into video games that saw it as Pac Man. I think most people recognized it as a Hawk profile, considering the team name and all.

Archived