Brownout

yh

On SI too

Thank heavens. Hopefully they'll blow up everything else too -- assistant coaches, the GM, the roster, everything. They need a completely fresh start, they need to lose a for a few years more and rise from the ground up. They have one player world building with (but not around) -- Channing Frye. Everyone else can just leave.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Question, i know we lost one of our draft pick this season to the Chicago Bulls, but do we have our 2007 pick?

If so, they will more than likely be in the bottom of next season in the standings. Just tryin to see if there is any hope in the 2007 Draft when Greg Oden come out. That the only hope I see for New York. Cause this season coming up. No Knicks player better think of sayin the word "PLAYOFFS" with the roster they have now.

Isaih Thomas as coach over Larry Brown, Thomas know he cant even coach the squad he put togther. For 40 mil left on his contract. Brown should have gotten another chance cause he changes teams in his second season. Thomas should of done everything he can to put together a coachable Brown team. I'm not buying Brown endorced the Francis and Rose trades. Sorry both of them are not Larry Brown players

But can someone find that out for me please?

They just went from bad to worse. Brown was a good coach, but he really never felt his element in New York. Lets face it they were a bad team, Brown could never really get through to the players. I don't think Zeek will be able to coach this team and by next year they'll be looking for a new President and Head Coach. I respect Isiah as a legendary player with the Bad Boys of the Detroit Pistons, but if you had to choose who the greater President/General Manager of Pistons Lore, I would go with Joe Dumars. He has done a great job putting the Pistons together and as a fanatic of the Pistons we will see great things in many years. Not much I can say about the Knicks.

Question, i know we lost one of our draft pick this season to the Chicago Bulls, but do we have our 2007 pick?

No, we do not have our 2007 pick. The Bulls have the option next draft to switch picks... so if NY ends up with a lottery pick again and Chicago doesnt, guess what, Chicago's got the lottery pick.

I'm just so sick of this whole organization. Pay $50 million to have the greatest fixer-upper coach for one season? I hated the job he did as much as anyone, but if you're dropping all that money on him, at least give him until December to turn things around. If by December the team is no better off, then can him. To do it now is just ridiculous... just more of Dolan being a baby over someone not kissing his ass, just like Marv refused to.

I expect the team to play hard for Isiah, and because of that I expect the team to finish with a better record... and probably miss the playoffs again. But Isiah should have until around December-January to show some promise, otherwise he needs to be let go as well. All he's done is expand the payroll, diminish the record, diminish the team's identity and the organization as a whole, bring in identical players who are all career losers and underachievers. The only positives Isiah has brought to the organization are the three rookies - and it should've been a fourth had he not been a moron and gave away everything for Eddy Curry - another career underachiever and loser. Give away the no.2 overall pick for a career 15 and 6 guy.

Here's hoping that LB being fired is just the first in a long line of changes to come. Hopefully Isiah next and then someone takes out Dolan. By the way, my call for a hitman is still on the table. No jury in New York, New Jersey or Connecticut would convict you.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

I'm officially putting the over-under for the Knicks' '06-'07 win total at 15. Isiah Thomas hasn't done anything good for the game of basketball since he stopped dribbling one.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

yeah, almost forgot how he left the CBA for dead to take teh Pacers job :D

Well, you have to admit, Zeke's done a pretty good job of repeating what he did to the CBA with the Knicks...at least Toronto and Indiana were smart enough to show him the door before he could cause widespread destruction.

The Knicks might as well get used to the Atlantic Division basement...seeing I don't see them leaving it any time soon. Ill-advised trades, picking up salaries that there's no possible way to get rid of (I mean, it's almost to the point where even Scott Layden would have thought twice about getting a few of these guys)....It's to the point where I truly feel sorry for Knicks fans. Even the Clippers weren't this inept.

To me, canning Brown is like getting a nice paint job on a Yugo...it might be snazzy and all, but at the end of the day, it's still a :censored: Yugo!

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

I think this says it all (not the "busted" part):

266-FRONT_LARGE.jpg

It's gonna be a rude wake-up call in three years when the Knicks are just as bad, if not worse, and the Nets are playing in their city's most populous borough.

I hated every GM the Knicks had after Ernie Grunfield. But dont forget as crappy as Scott Layden was a GM since basically start the Knicks spending spree. He does have a 1999 NBA Finals Apperance on his resume.

Only Isiah Thomas can make Scott Layden "close" to a genius. Bet u Layden is sayin "Yall wanted me gone, Look at the Knicks now. I have an Finals apperance. Isiah is the 5th coach in the Isiah Thomas era." and that in only 2 1/2 years.

Layden only era was running up the payroll with unwanted players that got the Knicks to the playoffs

Thomas era is critizing Layden for unning up the payroll when he first go the job, only to run it up more his self with unnessary players and trades.

Funny how former Knicks are doing better since they left the team.

Shandon Anderson - Championship with the Miami Heat

Nazr Mohammad - Championship with the San Antonio Spurs

Kurt Thomas - Playing with one of the best team in the Western Conference Phoenix Suns

Tim Thomas - Also, Playing with one of the best team in the Western Conference Phoenix Suns

Keith Van Horn - Finals Apperance with the Dallas Mavericks

Michael Sweetney - Playoff Apperance with a young and better Chicago Bulls

Allan Houston - Retired but still getting paid lovely on that high Knicks payroll

Antonio McDyess - played all 82 games with the Detroit Pistons

Michael Doleac - Championship with the Miami Heat

Trevor Ariza - Talented 2nd rounder now with an up and coming Olando Magic

Thats some of the good role players *except Allan Houston* Isiah Thomas has traded away. Put thoseplayers together and get an All Star or 2. Who know what the potential could have been.

Life After Death With The Knicks Must Be Lovely. If i'm a currant Knicks player, ill ask for a trade right now.

I hated every GM the Knicks had after Ernie Grunfield. But dont forget as crappy as Scott Layden was a GM since basically start the Knicks spending spree. He does have a 1999 NBA Finals Apperance on his resume.

That's misleading... Ernie Grunfeld built the team that went to the 1999 Finals. Layden took over and well, $100 mil to Houston and trading Patrick Ewing for an aged Glen Rice and a bag of rocks (Longley and Travis Knight) pretty much did that.

In the end, the blame lies with James Dolan. Say what you will about Dave Checketts, but when he ran the show the Knicks made 2 NBA Finals appearances and were consistent playoff contenders. Dolan on the other hand has fired the voice of the Knicks, has put a muzzle on anyone in the organization speaking on basketball-related issues, brought in an incompetent GM, has promoted that incompetent GM to Head Coach, etc etc etc.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Archived