Fresno Firecatz

DomTheAthlete29

Redding,CA

Sunset Athletic Oraginization, has just placed a bid for a MLH team to replace old members. Dom, Owner of Sunset wants the public to give back comments on this new teams uniforms.

Slide1.png

Jerseys designed by ziggyluc! Logo by lightbluenc

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

use designed the outlining of the jersey, i just colored them.

the outline is actually the minnesota wild jersey, not mine.

I like the purple and white jerseys a lot but im not to crazy about the black and grey one. I wouldn't change the purple and white ones but I would add a last name. I'd also get rid of the grey one and use the wordmark for the black one. Also replace the red on the black one with black.

Heres a quick example of what i want to see with the alt

domsfirecatz-1.gif

So you're using recolored CFL logos as part of your bid? :blink:

Not exactly. It does look a bit like the Hamilton Tiger-Cats' Labour Day helmet logo ...

06_ham_ham_logo_labourday.jpg

... but it's not a recolorization.

So you're using recolored CFL logos as part of your bid?  :blink:

Not exactly. It does look a bit like the Hamilton Tiger-Cats' Labour Day helmet logo ...

06_ham_ham_logo_labourday.jpg

... but it's not a recolorization.

You must be seeing something different than I am, because at the top of the page, I see that sheet of recolored CFL logos he presented in an earlier thread. I don't see any hockey concepts, except for what ziggyluc posted.

QPR%20Sig.png

OK, now I see it. If you're simply replacing files in Photobucket, you may want to tell people who are looking at the image to refresh their browsers as a common courtesy.

QPR%20Sig.png

The shades of purple and red are too bright. And the black alt, the colour black really comes out of nowhere in this set. You just wanted it for the sake of having a black alt, right? B)

EDIT: No names?

Redding,CA

Sunset Athletic Oraginization, has just placed a bid for a MLH team to replace old members. Dom, Owner of Sunset wants the public to give back comments on this new teams uniforms.

Slide1.png

Jerseys designed by ziggyluc! Logo by lightbluenc

Just looking at this, it looks like a decent enough design. (I'm not too crazy about the "silver" one, though.) Save for the Toronto Raptors, this color scheme isn't exactly used much. I think that logo could work on that particular jersey style.

HOWEVER, the logo, the team name, and colors do look ENTIRELY TOO FAMILIAR to me. So that has me wondering where the inspiration from this came from.

It all looks way too similar to this:

FloridaFirecats.gif

firecats.jpg

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

You right Buc, I was looking at logos, and the firecatz struck my eye. I like the name, but to differ myself I wanted to change the s to a z. They look similar, but at the same time tottaly different.

Dom

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

sorry, but changing one letter in a logo doesn't differentiate it enough. Using that logic, I could slap a blue star on a silver football helmet and call myself the Duluth Cowboyz. Of course, I'd get beaten with a shovel if I tried that.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

You right Buc, I was looking at logos, and the firecatz struck my eye.  I like the name, but to differ myself I wanted to change the s to a z.  They look similar, but at the same time tottaly different.

Dom

Thie way you responded is exactly why I didn't come out storming and accusing you of "logo larceny" (that's my new coined term for stealing logos and unis from someone). It's a little thing called "courtesy, class, and respect." I knew if I went that route that you'd have the chance to clarify without having to fend off a baseless attack & thus causeing conflct, cuz that ain't what I'm about.

About that logo set catching your attention...that happens all the time--people see things that catch their eye and design stuff based off that, such as in this instance. I know I've done it myself in the past, just for my own personal pleasures, but I've since learned to kinda not go that route, even if it is just fantasy. Just one thing: is MLH a fnatasy league or a real existing one? I'm not too educated on all the fantasy leagues that seem to be floating around these days. If it is, and most likely it is, then okay-that's cool.

I was jus gon say--if you were to have tried to submit this to a real league, someone else, or actually, a few someones, woulda come headhunting after you. (Of course, I'm sure you know that.)

But anyway--that's all over, said and done with.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

i would like to see pants, helmets, and socks to go along with these. People forget about those parts of the uniform, the jersey is only 1/4th of hockey uniform design. I think I would like these more if I saw a darker purple.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Let me defend myself a little here. I know I'm not beng blamed for making a logo similar to another one, because I put a disclaimer in his original post that it would look a lot like the florida firecats...

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...7240&hl=firecat

I just had that lying around, and changed the colors for him so he would have a logo. It's in undeniably 100% original, as I have never copied or would attempt to copy another's work. Just to make that clear, ok carry on.

Archived