SSHL

JamieRose

summertime boredom mixed with nerdiness....

Well i'm working on a solar system hockey league, i will probably do the same thing for other sports too, but just HKY for now. These will include the 9 planets, and some moons.

First off, the thing that makes the solar system solar, the Sun!! (like those guys would know anything about ice)

Sun1.png

SunHKY1.png

SunHKY2.png

TDZiMMB.png

Those could be the league all-star jerseys, lol.

Well the Sun is the only start in the Solar System...

I like it.

The colours fit.

The logo's maybe a bit too curvy--but that's not necessarily a bad thing either.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I'd shrink the logo a bit--that would wrap around the player.

Other than that--maybe darken the copper--but a nice look and fits the premise well because of the colours.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Okay, now for Venus.. i had a really hard time with this one, i have all the rest planned out, but this was tough.

Venus1.png

VenusHKY1.png

VenusHKY2.png

also, on a side note, the hockey jerseys i make have large logos and numbers for visibility purposes, if they were to be real, i realize they would have to be downsized.

next up, my home, don't kow about yours... Earth!!

Lineup Mercury, Venus, Earth, Moon, Mars, Jupiter, Europa, Io, Saturn, Titan, Uranus, Miranda, Neptune, Pluto, 2003 UB313 (aka Xena)

TDZiMMB.png

Like the idea. I'm not sure about the orange in the middle of the venus logo though. It also looks like a highway sign, but I like that for some reason.

Neato.

well, i couldnt think of much to do for this one... the orange circle is supposed to be the planet itself, not very well executed, though...

TDZiMMB.png

Where we are so far:

SUN: Solid. Best one so far.

MERCURY: My least favorite of the first 3. If you have the astrological symbol in the crest, adding the name of the planet is redundant. The badge is way too big and full of a lot of empty space. Meanwhile, the design inside the badge is perfect by itself to be the crest. Small black symbol against the larger sun. That is a great representation of Mercury. Make that large enough to stand on its own as the crest (and maybe add a small black arc to represent Mercury's orbit around the sun - after Mercury was the messenger god, winged feet and all that), and you've got a much better design. Emphasizing the colors in the sun/planet drawing would also give you a more legitimate reason to leave that awkward bright yellow/orange triangular stripe at the hem of the sweater in the concept. Right now it looks very very very much out of place - bright colors in a thin band, pushed to the periphery of the sweater and not replicated on the sleeves or collar. That's what you've got.

VENUS: Needs yellow to be the predominant color. With blue or purple as a secondary. Venus (the planet) is wrapped in thick yellow-beige clouds, so your orange circle is misleading, and looks more like a sun... or an orange. Also, as "the evening star", Venus appears bright (3rd brightest object in the sky after the Sun and the Moon) and yellow in the sky... so maybe a dusky blue would be a decent color.

Venus (the goddess) was the embodiment of femininity and beauty. Right now, red/white/blue, with what looks like a knock-off American interstate highway badge, isn't working for the planet or the goddess. As with the Mercury concept, the badge has too much empty space within its borders - especially when the mostly-red badge is placed against a mostly-red sweater. It's not working here.

Overall, it's a great idea, and I'm very impressed with the Sun sweater. But the other two need some rethinking.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Wow, I like the Sun. Mercury and Venus are pretty good as well. Not really digging the Mercury uniform though. Earth's logo is not bad, but the water drop is too big IMO. But, the jersey compensates for the logo size.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Just noticed something you need to correct before this goes any further:

You're reversing the uniform number on your sleeves. On the back of the jersey, it's #64. On the sleeves, it's #46.

On to EARTH: I like it. The subtle connection with the wilderness by using the Wild's font is a good idea. I'd turn the droplet of water around - it forms the way it does because of gravity, and you don't find water droplets falling upward. Plus, we use Earth's gravity as the standard against which all other planets' gravitational pulls are measured, so I'd say it's important.

Go Earth! :censored: yeah! :hockeysmiley:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Just noticed something you need to correct before this goes any further:

You're reversing the uniform number on your sleeves.  On the back of the jersey, it's #64.  On the sleeves, it's #46.

Go Earth!  :censored: yeah!  :hockeysmiley:

wow.. i cant believe i missed that, i used to have it right!

anyway, heres mars, with the numbers fixed..

Mars1.png

MarsHKY1.png

MarsHKY2.png

its a little colorful, but every color has its purpose in this one

TDZiMMB.png

Lineup Mercury, Venus, Earth, Moon, Mars, Jupiter, Europa, Io, Saturn, Titan, Uranus, Miranda, Neptune, Pluto, 2003 UB313 (aka Xena)

no love for Triton, Charon, Callisto, Iapetus, and Ganymede?

but i love this project. can't wait to see more of the concepts.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I'd lose the green on Mars--the black red & blue are plenty for colours--and would look better--less busy.

Failing that a darker green would work better.

I'd lose the green on Mars--the black red & blue are plenty for colours--and would look better--less busy.

Failing that a darker green would work better.

actually, red, blue and green are the Mars Flag, the sleve on the right side is it in the right order.

TDZiMMB.png

Archived