The Michael Strahan DIvorce

NJTank

Going on a few blocks from where I work is one of the ugliest Sports star divorces ever, its taken an even stranger twist now as Michael Strhan's wife is claiming the All_Pro Giant is having a gay affair.

Story

It will be intresting to see where this goes from here.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Going on a few blocks from where I work is one of the ugliest Sports star divorces ever, its taken an even stranger twist now as Michael Strhan's wife is claiming the All_Pro Giant is having a gay affair.

Story

<Obvious Segway>Can we get Ozzie Guillen to comment on this?</Obvious Segway> ;)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Going on a few blocks from where I work is one of the ugliest Sports star divorces ever,  its taken an even stranger twist now as Michael Strhan's wife is claiming the All_Pro Giant is having a gay affair.

Story

<Obvious Segway>Can we get Ozzie Guillen to comment on this?</Obvious Segway> ;)

Man. You beat me to it. PS- it's 'segue.' Radio term.

I don't get why people have to go low like that like Michael's wife. That is just pathetic and i hope she gets the bad end of that divorce settlement. Being gay in pro-sports is still such a taboo, i don't see why it should be.

I mean how many people here know someone that is gay? I know a quite a few. Maybe working in the design world opens me up a little to accepting them and not really hating on them like some people do (albeit not to their face but once they turn their backs). My girlfriend's brother is gay, this guy i went to highschool with and always dated the pretty girls but after grad he just came out to his sister (my gf) and she told me. I never had a problem with it, i mean the guy dates CK models now...good for him.

Not implying Strahan is gay but it shouldn't be an issue of a player in the NFL currently is gay or not, same goes for MLB, NBA, and NHL. If people can accept their chef, hair stylist, carpenter, car salesman, best friend, or someone else being gay...why not the athletes?

Now i know i'll hear that crap about how kids look up to these players and what not, thats where good parenting comes in, you can either explain to the kids what being gay is and how its not just a choice, it is also a hormonal thing and its a hard thing to deal with for some people, or just say they are bad and that would be the bad choice really.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Its not an issue if someones gay or not, its an issue of is someone cheating on their wife.... and what makes this case very interesting its cheating on their wife with someone of their own sex.

That's nothing against gay people, but its an intersting story

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Its not an issue if someones gay or not, its an issue of is someone cheating on their wife.... and what makes this case very interesting its cheating on their wife with someone of their own sex.

To extend it a bit, it's a pretty terrible thing to expose your wife to any disease you might contract from a new sexual partner, male or female.

<Obvious Segway>Can we get Ozzie Guillen to comment on this?</Obvious Segway> 

What's so obvious about this?

FF_segway_122_1.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Pat, that's bull :censored: and we all know it. If Jean Strahan's allegations of infidelity never included a homosexual affair, this would be another ho-hum divorce proceeding that no one would be talking about. Plenty of married athletes have hoes lined up in every city they play in, yet no one says anything about that. The "gay issue" is the story here, and why it is so heavily publicized.

The angle isn't Michael Strahan's infidelity or his divorce or his wife's despicable tactics. This is about way more than the gap toothed, fraudulently sack record acquiring, terrible right guard commercial starring Strahan. The angle is members of the sports media are falling all over themselves to out the first gay guy in high profile professional sports. No player in the NFL, NBA, MLB, or NHL has revealed himself as homosexual during his playing career. Even mediocre players (by professional standards) who announce it are blasted, belittled, and ostracized by people that they "fought" alongside for years.

There are gay athletes in high profile professional sports. There are probably 80-100 at least in the big 4 leagues. Do you think any single one of them wants to risk the wrath of all the homophobes out there? I feel bad that not everyone can truly be who they are, but not a single one of them can allow himself to be the first. Or second. Especially in this climate of rampant homophobia.

This whole thing is just sad.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I don't particularly like like Jim Rome, but I do like that one of his major causes over the years has been to try to make it okay for a gay athlete to come out. I used to listen to his show frequently way back in 2000 and I still catch bits of it now and then, and he's got a great point. The only way a homosexual will be accepted immediately in a major sport is if he's not just a star, but a superstar.

It really is so incredibly stupid. Reasonable people don't care about a player's sexuality. At least, I hope they don't. If it takes Michael Strahan's (alleged) homosexuality to advance homosexual acceptance in sports, all the better.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

QUOTE (Pat @ Friday, June 23rd, 2006 - 07:10:43)

Pat, that's bull censored.gif and we all know it. If Jean Strahan's allegations of infidelity never included a homosexual affair, this would be another ho-hum divorce proceeding that no one would be talking about. Plenty of married athletes have hoes lined up in every city they play in, yet no one says anything about that. The "gay issue" is the story here, and why it is so heavily publicized.

The angle isn't Michael Strahan's infidelity or his divorce or his wife's despicable tactics. This is about way more than the gap toothed, fraudulently sack record acquiring, terrible right guard commercial starring Strahan. The angle is members of the sports media are falling all over themselves to out the first gay guy in high profile professional sports. No player in the NFL, NBA, MLB, or NHL has revealed himself as homosexual during his playing career. Even mediocre players (by professional standards) who announce it are blasted, belittled, and ostracized by people that they "fought" alongside for years.

There are gay athletes in high profile professional sports. There are probably 80-100 at least in the big 4 leagues. Do you think any single one of them wants to risk the wrath of all the homophobes out there? I feel bad that not everyone can truly be who they are, but not a single one of them can allow himself to be the first. Or second. Especially in this climate of rampant homophobia.

Well said. I agree.

Pat, that's bull :censored: and we all know it. If Jean Strahan's allegations of infidelity never included a homosexual affair, this would be another ho-hum divorce proceeding that no one would be talking about. Plenty of married athletes have hoes lined up in every city they play in, yet no one says anything about that. The "gay issue" is the story here, and why it is so heavily publicized.

Note taken, and it was very well written. And you are right, it wouldn't get even as close to as much attention if it wasn't a homosexual partner.

I guess my point was, I have nothing against gay people, but the fact that Strahan may have been cheating on his wife with a man, I found an interesting story. ANd maybe thats Jean Strahans point, she knew that would get her attention. Or maybe its the truth, who knows.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Blame his wife all you want, but reasons given through court documents and the like are scoured by the media. Homosexuality is only a big deal if someone is trying to hide it. The media uses the information because the public craves such information.

Sports is the last frontier where men need to be men. It's one thing to accept a person's orientation. It's another to put up with it in close quarters. In general, the public at large could accept Strahan if he were to come out. For his teammates, this is an intrusion into their everyday lives that they may or may not adjust well to. If Strahan is gay, I'm sure he's aware that this would become a unwarranted distraction. It shouldn't matter, but it does.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Sports is the last frontier where men need to be men.  It's one thing to accept a person's orientation.  It's another to put up with it in close quarters.

Whatever. I'm just sad people believe this. Gay men aren't real men? Please.

strayhan is NOT gay, his "wife" signed a prenup and now that he's making more dough, she wants more than 7 million bucks. this is the same bitch that spent 20 large on :censored:ing photos of their 1 year old. i think she is a :censored:. :censored: her.

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

strayhan is NOT gay...

...not that there's anything wrong with that.

exactly. being gay is not a bad thing. i'm not. but when someone , who is trying to get cash out of someone, accuses you of it and you KNOW it is not true, it's the lowest thing anybody can do.

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

Archived