NHL 07 Cover

aryehz99

EA Sports recently announced that Alex Ovechkin would be the coverboy for next year's game. The cover can be seen on the following site:

http://www.easports.com/nhl07/

However, I don't know if they realize that the Caps are most likely getting new uniforms (rumour is that they will be red, white and blue) next year. It seems like a bad idea to me to be selling a new game for an upcoming season with a picture that will be extremely outdated, come the fall. Tell me what you think!

Well depending on when the Caps change (if they even do), EA may have plently of time to get a new cover made with the new sweaters. If they can't they can always feature the blue/bronze Caps unis as throwbacks.

From a uniform standpoint, video games rarely break their back to be the most up-to-date. Also, a lot of new uniforms (especially alts) rarely make the game for their inception.

KISSwall09.jpg

Joe Thornton is the cover boy for the 2K Sports game NHL 2K7. Its pretty funny to think both companies chose eventual award winners of the Hart and Calder, respectivly.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I don't see a problem even if they do change uniforms.

When he had his great season, that's what he wore. I think it would be tacky to impose a new uniform on his body that he had yet to play in.

Ahhh...I remember Joe Thornton. Didn't he used to play for the Bruins?

He didn't really PLAY for the Bruins, he was on their team but only started PLAYING in December 2005 :P

Doesn't AO know about the EA jinx?

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I believe so...but he actually started showing up for the games after the San Jose deal.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

I believe so...but he actually started showing up for the games after the San Jose deal.

Didn't the Sharks just release Thornton? I thought I read something that said they didn't pick up Thornton's option...

EDIT: My bad, they declined to pick up Scott Thornton's option...Joe is still with the team. I'm an idiot.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Didn't the Sharks just release Thornton? I thought I read something that said they didn't pick up Thornton's option...

EDIT: My bad, they declined to pick up Scott Thornton's option...Joe is still with the team. I'm an idiot.

That's Scott Thornton, Joe's cousin that was released by the Sharks.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Not in the playoffs...And that's why Boston traded him :rolleyes:

slugbat.jpg

that might not end up being the actual cover

last year at the unveiling of the Madden coverboy they used McNabb in the 2005 cover template. Then by the time the game came out, they went with the "swooshy bar." Unless the swooshy bar is coming back, they probably just threw it in there. Even though the cover template is the same for each EA game in a given year, EA generally changes the cover look each year.

Archived