Pic from NHL draft, current Sabres logo displayed

Inatimate Object

No peek at the new Sabres logo until September.

What I find interesting is that they're using the Capitals' old Eagle logo, instead of the Capitol buliding, which they've been using as their primary for several years.

What I find interesting is that they're using the Capitals' old Eagle logo, instead of the Capitol buliding, which they've been using as their primary for several years.

Yeah, the Sabres won't be unvealing their new look at the draft. As for the Caps, I don't think they're changing.

my 2¢ is the Sabres organization being in a smaller market and a tight knit community, they

really likes to include the fans on events like uni unveiling. To just drop it on people at the draft isn't their style. I would expect something more in september also, closer to the season and they can really make an impact on merchandising sales.

my 2¢ is the Sabres organization being in a smaller market and a tight knit community, they

really likes to include the fans on events like uni unveiling. To just drop it on people at the draft isn't their style. I would expect something more in september also, closer to the season and they can really make an impact on merchandising sales.

But the Ducks had a huge unveiling yesterday with pyrotechnics and mascots repelling from the rafters.

The only reason I can think of for the delay would be that they are designing and producing a new mascot costume.

Save the slugalo.

I thought all these teams put off the change for a season so they wouldn't need to get new jerseys two years in a row when the swifts come out in 2007-08 and that Anaheim was the only one this year cause they wanted to get out of the Disney era

untitled-6.jpg

But the Ducks had a huge unveiling yesterday with pyrotechnics and mascots repelling from the rafters.

The only reason I can think of for the delay would be that they are designing and producing a new mascot costume.

I doubt that's the reason. They would keep Sabretooth and just give him a new jersey also.

Every team is different how they like to do stuff, but the fact that Sabres are shoing the

current logo can mean one of a few possibilties. And from what I've been told how flip-flop Golisano was on what he wanted, I lean towwrds one of the first options. The new one isn't ready from either a design standpoint, signed off on or the actual jersey production isn't ready either. Or, they truly are waiting until closer into the season. if you unveil now, sure you get some media at the draft

but the actual season is still months away and for a small market, hot weather team like the Ducks I am suprised they unveiled so early. I don't see it translating into steady merchandising revenue

throughout the summer months for them. The smarter option is to blowout the old merchandise through the summer, give retailers time to unload it, then drop the the new logo in a huge affair before training camp, when the hype and buzz of the new year starts anyways. That way you get $ from the old sales and an huge spike and steady stream of merch. revenue right into the first drop of the puck opening night. you gotta take into account a team like Buffalo gets 99% of it's merch sales from the western new york region, they're not like a Dallas Cowboys of the NFL where you get

sales all around the country. They need to concentrate on their core customer.

It will be interesting to see if If the Sabres stuff goes on drastic discount this summer, or they wait until after they unveil, if they do at all.

Why are the sabres changing it. I really like it.

Because a huge majority of Sabres fans still bleed blue and gold. It would be like Everton dropping the blue and playing in green or something. (COYB)

Oh right, Never new that, then it is fair enough, tradition plays a major part for the fans yet many owners don't seem to recognise it.

logo.png

The eagle has 'officially' been the primary since it came out

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Whats depressing is you can hardly see the Ducks logo on the banner. Everyone else's crest is in clear view while the ducks is just a big black banner with a little gold smear in it.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Methinks the team will change its mind on not having the webbed D as the primary real quick once they realize how bad it looks in many applications. Plus, they haven't released replica jerseys yet so they can make the change at any time and not have to toss any old merch.

oakqb4.jpg

Methinks the team will change its mind on not having the webbed D as the primary real quick once they realize how bad it looks in many applications. Plus, they haven't released replica jerseys yet so they can make the change at any time and not have to toss any old merch.

Almost none of the new jerseys exist. There were the 2 blank ones on display at the press conference, the 2 modeled by the players, and the 2 worn by the owners. WildWing (the mascot) did not wear one (he had on an orange shirt with the logo on it) and there are none on display in the Team Store. They are taking preorders, but they will not available until September. People going into the Team Store wanting to see the jersey before they preorder cannot at this time.

So either they really waited until the last second to decide on these things and could only get a couple made in time for the unveiling or there might be some room for changes between now and September.

*Correction: WildWing was wearing an orange practice jersey.

Whats depressing is you can hardly see the Ducks logo on the banner. Everyone else's crest is in clear view while the ducks is just a big black banner with a little gold smear in it.

*Edit- didnt see the posts above mine* As for the Caps, I thought they used the Capitol logo on the draft hats- do any other teams use secondary logos on the hats?

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

You're right. Couldn't agree more!

yeah, that's exactly what I was going to post too. It looks kind of tiny up there.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

Archived