Pic from NHL draft, current Sabres logo displayed

Inatimate Object

If i were them, i would either do that, or go full out and bring back the original Sabres gear. Otherwise they run the risk of being like their expansion cousins, the Vancouver Canucks, who reinvent themselves so many times they have squandered tradition away.

I was lucky enough to be on the media rafters at the Draft and I talked to Paul Hamilton of the WGR. He mentioned that it would be either at a pre-season game or a special event. While it may not be the exact blue and yellow color, but it will be a variation. Also, the Sabre head will more than likely be gone.

I was lucky enough to be on the media rafters at the Draft and I talked to Paul Hamilton of the WGR. He mentioned that it would be either at a pre-season game or a special event. While it may not be the exact blue and yellow color, but it will be a variation. Also, the Sabre head will more than likely be gone.

Sounds good. I can't wait.

This might be a leak, but it might not. This came up on WGR that there has been a logo leaked on a Mattel Escalade car or something. Without further ado, here it is...

sabrescar8gt.gif

That's Photoshopped. It's one of those NFL trucks, so I'm assuming the Sabres stuff is just covering the Rams stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't mind the Washington Capitals logo featuring The Capitol, but I didn't like the sticks and stars around it.

Even the puck, too. If it was just the team name and the The Capitol building as the logo, I'd like it more.

As for the Buffalo Sabres, why can't they just bring back the previous logo and uniforms as they were

only modernize it just a slight bit (the outlining and the blue color being darker like the Celsius Design ones).

Archived