AstroBowl IV Voting

TBGKon

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 - oranges - love the colors, great uniforms, love the scripts...best total package, in my opinion

2 - aces - i really like the logo set, although the tertiary isn't my favorite - nice, simple, classic uni's

3 - tribe - good overall package, as well - i wasn't feeling the "s-bat" logo on the pants, but i really like it on the cap - solid scripts, very classic-yet-modern feel

honorable mention:

the ringmasters and sailors were also very good...i had a tough time leaving them out, but the rules say you can only vote for 3 :)

great work!

jldesigns404eo.png

heh, guess I wound up giving myself away anyway...eh well, I place my ballot.

1st: Vero Beach Pomelos (cus grapefruit juice does a body good :D )

2nd: Dunedin Skimmers (like a hard-fought supermodel :hockeysmiley: )

3rd: St. Lucie Oranges (basically, it's obvious a lot of work was put into it)

Honorable Mention: I can only pick three, but if I could pick a fourth it woulda been the Parrots. I also liked the Ringmasters and Scots sets a lot.

Wooden Spoon: half of these sets didn't impress me, and all three Daytona entries should have been a lot better. the Fission looked like a lazy effort, and the Aces looked sloppy. Don't get me started on the Scrub Jays...

edit: may as well clear some things up...with the Fission, my main object of ire is the primary logo. the Fission primary has the seams from the Mets logo exactly, just over radioactive signage instead of NYC. the jerseys had some room for improvement as well, I thought, though I liked the wordmarks used.

now for the Aces, I thought it was a good idea, but the primary logo (and the sleeve logo spawned from it) looked sloppy. I figure it would look better if the pilot was more integrated into the baseball, instead of simply looking like he was slapped on at the last minute. also, I woulda used the scripts from the alt and BP on the home/away jerseys as I feel script lettering generally fits pilot names better, but that's just me.

teh Scrub Jays, admittedly, the logo's well rendered, but I'd figure most of the fine details on it would be lost from afar...and for obvious reasons, Dunedin on the road jerseys woulda been a much better choice than Scrubs.

and finally, Daytona...of the Daytona sets, the Thunderbirds had the most potential to be great, but as we all saw, its' creator's comp decided to screw him over and save it blurry as hell. sucks for him, cus we don't see its true form.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Note to all members, if you could please keep comments about entries on the positive side, I have had members (who will remain nameless) who have stated that they don't really care for some of the negative criticism. If you have a critique, be as helpful as possible.

Wooden Spoon: half of these sets didn't impress me, and all three Daytona entries should have been a lot better.  the Fission looked like a lazy effort, and the Aces looked sloppy.  Don't get me started on the Scrub Jays...

I really don't think that is fair to say... especially the Scrub Jays. Primary logo is great and good quality image now. I would give them another look... :therock:

Anyhoo, on to the voting....

1st: Ringmasters

2nd: Scrub Jays

3rd: Suns

jays5.png

Archived