Bringin' da Ruckus

officeglenn

Here's the latest thing I've been working on, a logo for my ODFL fantasy team, the Garden State Ruckus ...

gardenstateruckus.gif

I was kind of going for a motorcycle, American Chopper-type of feel. The league rules asked that the team name reflect Wu-Tang Clan lyrics somehow, so Ruckus comes from "Bring Da Ruckus," and Garden State comes from Method Man's cameo in the film of the same name.

C&C?

the "r" gets somewhat lost for me...maybe if you removed the crescent shape beside the "s" it would read more as an "r" (although you would lose the symmetry) - you clearly hit the mark with the american chopper/motorcycle feel - outstanding work

To me this looks more like a motorcycle company logo than a fantasy sport teams logo.

Considering the motorcycle feel is what I was going for ? as I indicated in the original post ? I'll take that as a compliment.

Anyone else before I head back to the drawing board?

Considering the motorcycle feel is what I was going for ? as I indicated in the original post ? I'll take that as a compliment.

Anyone else before I head back to the drawing board?

I'll agree - you should take that as a compliment, as that's exactly what you've got here.

The only suggestion I can make to build upon the previous comments about the "R" and the "S" is to maybe connect the left crescent that forms the "R" and either remove the right crescent under the "S" (or at least somehow differentiate it, either by moving it down slightly). You'd still have to work on balancing it, but as long as you make the "R" a bit clearer, it works.

No, I think the first one was a lot better. On this one, it almost seems as though you "dumbed it down," so to speak, in losing a lot of the originality. The middle letters were fine as they were, but you replaced them with a font that just seems too plain. Then, by making it wider, you lost that tight, compact look that held it together.

And then, of course, you lost the stem of the "R". Looks like it might be a problem to make the "R" and "S" symmetrical.

I think the "R" and "S" need to be smaller so we can identify them with the rest of the text.

I disagree, the R and the S make the logo what it is. I personally think you should of went with the first font as it looks better, the second font just looks too plain.

I think the "R" and "S" need to be smaller so we can identify them with the rest of the text.

I disagree, the R and the S make the logo what it is. I personally think you should of went with the first font as it looks better, the second font just looks too plain.

Not the same size as the text, but just a tad bit more in proportion.

officeglenn - i'm going to join the chorus...i like the first one better

with the "ucku" maybe there is a 1/2 way point...on the original font, maybe open the top of the "u"'s and the top and bottom of the "k" by extending the black outline through the silver - you'd lose the inner serif's, but you'd still have the outer serifs and it might be worth it to see if it's more readable - i think it would be

on the "r", maybe you could add a little leg to the left of the point leading to the "swoop" to differentiate it from the "s"...nothing to big, though

i could show you what i mean, better than tell you, but i know it's kind of taboo to mess with designs...if you don't understand what i mean and want me to illustrate, just let me know

i like the deletion of the crescent shapes, but i don't like the enlargement of the oval or the increased emphasis on red - i know gradients are also taboo (especially in these circles), but i think they work in the background of your original...it keeps the emphasis on the letterform, not the background

Here's the latest thing I've been working on, a logo for my ODFL fantasy team, the Garden State Ruckus ...

gardenstateruckus.gif

I was kind of going for a motorcycle, American Chopper-type of feel. The league rules asked that the team name reflect Wu-Tang Clan lyrics somehow, so Ruckus comes from "Bring Da Ruckus," and Garden State comes from Method Man's cameo in the film of the same name.

C&C?

I love it, but the "R" gets lost because of the "S". Maybe erase that part of the "S" that gets lost and I'm sold. Great job.

Archived